Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 02-02-12, 01:45   #1031
tombstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
@Lukass ^ I was thinking of that at the time

Would a skirt be approriate for the weather/environment/situation? Doubt it. So no.
lol i was kidding u know
tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:46   #1032
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
lol i was kidding u know
Yep.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:48   #1033
Lukass

I still doubt her clothes will be changing in the game. Even if there will be snowy areas or warm jungles. Karl said she is desperate to survive and it's the only thing she's trying to focus on. I don't see her changing her clothes and thinking "Ooooh, there will be -20 degrees on the mountain I have to put the warm jacket on. I might be dead in the next few minutes but I want to look perfect in the moment of my terrible death"....

Last edited by Lukass; 02-02-12 at 01:49.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:49   #1034
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
I still doubt her clothes will be changing in the game. Even if there will be snowy areas or warm jungles. Karl said she is desperate to survive and it's the only thing she's trying to focus on. I don't see her changing her clothes and thinking "Ooooh, there will be -20 degrees on the mountain I have to put the warm jacket on. I might be dead in the next few minutes but I want to look perfect in the moment of my terrible death"....
Putting a jacket on in -20 degrees isn't fashion, it's reality.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:52   #1035
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Putting a jacket on in -20 degrees isn't fashion, it's reality.
Yeah, she'll be injured as hell, scared and aiming for escaping the island but at least she'll not be freezing.
Old 02-02-12, 01:52   #1036
Rai

Quote:
Well exactly. Plus, where would she get the clothes anyhoo. Is there a Primark on the strange mysterious island? Although I read a long while back about a possible jacket she finds? Could be wrong. Her appearance will change as she adds equipment, her clothes get dirty, are ripped, get wet, I believe that's as far as it goes in the main game.

but then...unlockables are fun extras that you can play after you've finished the main game, I guess.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-12, 01:53   #1037
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Well exactly. Plus, where would she get the clothes anyhoo. Is there a Primark on the strange mysterious island? Although I read a long while back about a possible jacket she finds? Could be wrong. Her appearance will change as she adds equipment, her clothes get dirty, are ripped, get wet, I believe that's as far as it goes in the main game.

but then...unlockables are fun extras that you can play after you've finished the main game, I guess.
No, Primark is too posh!
Old 02-02-12, 01:59   #1038
larafan25

Quote:
Yeah, she'll be injured as hell, scared and aiming for escaping the island but at least she'll not be freezing.
But putting on a jacket (which may happen to be conveniently at a base camp) is only aiding to her survival and escape.

You can't survive when you're not surviving, and choosing not to wear an available jacket in -20 degrees temperatures is choosing not to survive.
Old 02-02-12, 02:02   #1039
Lukass

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
But putting on a jacket (which may happen to be conveniently at a base camp) is only aiding to her survival and escape.

You can't survive when you're not surviving, and choosing not to wear an available jacket in -20 degrees temperatures is choosing not to survive.
OK.

But then again, if I remember well, they also said that weather will affect her performance, right? If she had the jacket or shorts I think it would help her instead of affect her. Then it would not be about surviving but about having comfort in a bad situation.
Old 02-02-12, 02:04   #1040
larafan25

Quote:
OK.

But then again, if I remember well, they also said that weather will affect her performance, right? If she had the jacket or shorts I think it would help her instead of affect her. Then it would not be about surviving but about having comfort in a bad situation.
In which case they have thrown out realism or practicality in favor of emotionalism and conveying a message.

Lara can still look and be cold in the environment while wearing a jacket (which just increases her chances of survival and may not be a super warm or super comfy jacket).