www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 19-10-18, 06:44   #251
robm_2007
Legend

I liked the premiere of The Conners (which I still think should have been called "Roseanne's Dead"). The only thing I hate, which was my problem with the last season of Roseanne, is that damn laugh track. It's so damn loud. I wouldn't even notice is really in the old show.

Anywho, there were a couple really funny moments and the rest was done well enough considering the circumstances. Just felt like Roseanne without Roseanne.
Old 19-10-18, 08:12   #252
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
I liked the premiere of The Conners (which I still think should have been called "Roseanne's Dead"). The only thing I hate, which was my problem with the last season of Roseanne, is that damn laugh track. It's so damn loud. I wouldn't even notice is really in the old show.

Anywho, there were a couple really funny moments and the rest was done well enough considering the circumstances. Just felt like Roseanne without Roseanne.
I hope it does well. Iím a huge fan (I would fight someone for the title) and John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf are phenomenal actors. The three kids from the show all grown up are great as well but for me the two shining stars left are Dan and Jackie. I donít have cable or satellite so I canít watch the show... damn millennials and their Netflix obsessions .. but I wish them the best. I loved what I saw in the Roseanne revival and Iím sure its just as good without her.

I find it funny that thereís so many people boycotting the show. I hope it has steady ratings. I really want them to have that. I care so much for that cast like theyíre my own family. I grew up with them. #feelings
Old 19-10-18, 11:34   #253
Fantasy
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I hope it does well. Iím a huge fan (I would fight someone for the title) and John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf are phenomenal actors. The three kids from the show all grown up are great as well but for me the two shining stars left are Dan and Jackie. I donít have cable or satellite so I canít watch the show... damn millennials and their Netflix obsessions .. but I wish them the best. I loved what I saw in the Roseanne revival and Iím sure its just as good without her.

I find it funny that thereís so many people boycotting the show. I hope it has steady ratings. I really want them to have that. I care so much for that cast like theyíre my own family. I grew up with them. #feelings
Which is exactly why Iím not watching... the whole thing makes me really sad, which I know sounds weird.
Old 19-10-18, 11:41   #254
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
Which is exactly why Iím not watching... the whole thing makes me really sad, which I know sounds weird.
I disagree with your choice but I respect it and I understand it
Old 19-10-18, 12:31   #255
redfox45
Archaeologist

Did anybody listen to Rosanne on the Joe Rogan podcast?

It's so messed up how senseless and savage the outrage culture of the time is.
Do people even know or care what a actual racist is anymore?
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 14:15   #256
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post

I didn’t hear her on that podcast, but I did hear her on a rabbi’s podcast a month or two ago and she cried and sobbed and apologized and I listened to what she had to say. I know she’s not a racist. She pushed the boundaries with her show back in the day. There were episodes that dealt with race.

Edit: I’m listening to her now on Joes podcast

Last edited by Quebsenuef; 19-10-18 at 14:22.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-18, 14:51   #257
larafan25
Legend

I do think it's ironic that they brought the show back for the opportunity to handle contentious subjects and touch on the inflammatory nature of the current political climate, yet as soon as things got hairy they gave in and fired her.

I mean, they had an opportunity to make something out of it.

I guess everyone involved got a raw deal from whoever is in power at the network.
Old 19-10-18, 16:06   #258
charmedangelin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post

No, they only care about their feelings and personal perceptions aside from reality and truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I didnít hear her on that podcast, but I did hear her on a rabbiís podcast a month or two ago and she cried and sobbed and apologized and I listened to what she had to say. I know sheís not a racist. She pushed the boundaries with her show back in the day. There were episodes that dealt with race.

Edit: Iím listening to her now on Joes podcast
Thing about it is that everyone just laughed and pretend like the medication couldn't make her send that tweet, but then conviently forget that #drunktweet is a thing. People tweet all kinds of stupid stuff when under the influence of something. No it doesn't create those kinds of things, but some drugs can and do lower Ihibitions to where things you wouldn't ever say or do, you just do it because the filters that normally inhibit such things are blunted due to the effect of a drug.

I felt so bad for her, she legit was horrified and very sorry she ever said such things and what's worse is the fact that her coworkers and friends just abandoned her and turned on her because outrage culture demanded it.
Old 20-10-18, 06:47   #259
robm_2007
Legend

Let's get real, if Roseanne is ever censoring what she really wants to say, she must have some really bad things to say. Maybe the Ambien made her "lose inhibitions" but it's not like she said something so out of character that she'd not say it when sober.

That said, people acted like she called her the n-word. I'm sure many people were googling "Who is Valerie Jarrett," "Valerie Jarrett race," and "Is Valerie Jarrett black?" because she's quite racially ambiguous. I would have thought she was Hispanic, but that's not her fault for not looking "black enough" to pique Roseanne to not make an apes joke about a black woman. But I can imagine she would have said it even if she weren't loopy on meds, and VJ was much darker.

"I thought the bitch was white!" still makes me lol though.

Last edited by robm_2007; 20-10-18 at 06:48.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-18, 17:12   #260
charmedangelin
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Let's get real, if Roseanne is ever censoring what she really wants to say, she must have some really bad things to say. Maybe the Ambien made her "lose inhibitions" but it's not like she said something so out of character that she'd not say it when sober.

That said, people acted like she called her the n-word. I'm sure many people were googling "Who is Valerie Jarrett," "Valerie Jarrett race," and "Is Valerie Jarrett black?" because she's quite racially ambiguous. I would have thought she was Hispanic, but that's not her fault for not looking "black enough" to pique Roseanne to not make an apes joke about a black woman. But I can imagine she would have said it even if she weren't loopy on meds, and VJ was much darker.

"I thought the bitch was white!" still makes me lol though.
I already said it doesn't create thoughts, but it does blunt the filter to those thoughts. And if people are going to judge her based on thoughts then they better look in a mirror because everyone has thoughts to themselves that they wouldn't dare utter to someone else.

And I doubt she would have said it, in fact you can't really know that since she was under the influence.