ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
a reminder of the last venom which was near 11 years ago

We don't talk about that Venom...
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 13:43   #32
Tyrannosaurus

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept, and that's what most of these movies are to me.
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-18, 13:48   #33
Lara's home

I see Sony. I expect garbage.
Lara's home is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-18, 07:30   #34
ggctuk

Second trailer. Now with more actual Venom.

I have to say, I'm really, really liking the design of Venom here. The Symbiote feels like it's actually living as opposed to a suit with a mouth like it was in Spider-Man 3.
Old 24-04-18, 08:22   #35
Mani_Man

Okay, that trailer was far...far better.
I hope we get enough screentime for him as Venom and not just here and there, stretched out over just 30 minutes or so.

But anyway, you get a good sense of the tone and where this is going...i liked it.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-18, 10:27   #36
irishhips

Way better than the teaser

EDIT: Made a gif

Last edited by irishhips; 24-04-18 at 11:30.
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-18, 22:05   #37
ggctuk

The new traier is out.

This is very much in the spirit of the Lethal Protector comic.
Old 09-08-18, 23:48   #38
KManX89

I'm afraid I have some bad news, guys: it looks like Venom might be PG-13.

WTF man?!?!?! Venom is already brutal enough as a character that they'd have to seriously tone him down to keep it from getting an R rating, in which case, I don't think this is the smartest course of action. Look at all the terrible sequels/remakes we've had as a result of them having to be dumbed down from their R-rated predecessors: Rollerball 2002, Terminator 4 & 5, RoboCop 2014, just to name a few. On the other hand, I heard the R-rated Director's Cut of DareDevil is actually an OKAY movie as opposed to the POS PG-13 cut we got in theaters.

Oh God, if they make a Carnage movie somewhere down the road, it better not be PG-13. Imagine a Punisher or Blade flick without an R rating, it's the exact same thing. A Carnage that isn't violent as **** (to the point they would have to slap it with an R rating) isn't Carnage. Their whole justification for allowing a Spidey crossover is bogus, anyway since Bob Iger said he'll allow an R-rated Deadpool into the MCU.

Last edited by KManX89; 09-08-18 at 23:51.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-18, 05:35   #39
ggctuk

I also have my ticket for the film. Curiously it's rated 15 in the UK... which would normally equate to an R rating in the USA.

Last edited by ggctuk; 01-10-18 at 06:32.
Old 04-11-18, 13:53   #40
KManX89

Hey guys...

Remember when I said a PG-13 Carnage film would be a disaster and a complete disservice to the character, moreso than PG-13 Venom?

Well, be ready to get your puke buckets out because it looks like it's happening after all.

Quote:
When you hear Carnage, the only thing you can think of is R. But, if you know his story, if you really know the comic, there’s no R here. He’s a tortured soul. It’s not about what he does, because we never have to show the knife going from here to there, and the blood is pouring. What you have to show is, what is the motivation? Was he born like that, or [is he] someone we should feel for, because if you succeeding in making a villain someone you can feel for, jackpot.
Nope, no R here whatsoever.

This Avi Arad guy is such a hack. He proved he knows nothing about the character or the comics or basic storytelling. Yeah, Arad, a guy who pushed his grandmother down the steps and killing her, drilled his mother's dog's brains out after attempting to murder her by dropping a hair dryer in a bathtub and then goes on a massive killing spree, including burning down an orphanage before he finally puts on the red symbiote and starts massacring people in vomit-inducing ways just for fun after all that supposedly "not R" material, which includes him literally ripping their guts out and sawing them in half (!) and then throws a baby down a 5 story building is totally somebody we should feel sorry for and be aimed at your grandson.

At this point, I don't know who f*cks up their comic book properties more: Sony or WB.

Last edited by KManX89; 04-11-18 at 14:10.
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote