www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Digital Experience > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 13-03-17, 21:07   #331
HRHCroft
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wearemany View Post
Constructive criticism you mean. The OP is a rare example of that. Outside of it, however...
Disagree. There has been plenty of fair, constructive criticism regarding the reboots in numerous threads. The idea that the forum is full of 'Teh reboot SUCKz because CD suck and Lara's boobs are too small!11!!1!' is exaggerated, as is the idea that reboot fans only trash the classics in a similar fashion.
HRHCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-17, 21:16   #332
SunDormant
Archaeologist

^ I agree. Besides, at this point, almost everyone already knows who is going to make a constructive critic and who will bash for the sake of it. The point is there is a lot of the former.
Old 13-03-17, 21:39   #333
wearemany
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHCroft View Post
Disagree. There has been plenty of fair, constructive criticism regarding the reboots in numerous threads. The idea that the forum is full of 'Teh reboot SUCKz because CD suck and Lara's boobs are too small!11!!1!' is exaggerated, as is the idea that reboot fans only trash the classics in a similar fashion.
Constructive criticism in the same way that's presented in the OP is rare indeed. Most of times you read things like "CD destroyed the TR franchise, they just can't do anything right. Reboot Lara is an imposter, a poorly written character that only people who botched a lobotomy could like. The story is terrible, the secondary characters are terrible, Camilla Luddington is one of the worst voice actors of all time. Don't even get me started on Rhianna Pratchett... CD is trying their hardest to stay from classic Lara because they don't care about Tomb Raider and classic Lara, who is the only Lara Croft. Everything is a cheap knock-off. Lara Croft is dead."

Last edited by wearemany; 13-03-17 at 21:40.
wearemany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 13:52   #334
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I figure that if nobody expresses displeasure over the reboot, reboot is all they're ever gonna make...
What I wanted to say is that we can show that we don't like the reboot, but if we are not respectfull to their work (even if we don't like it) they are not going to listen to us. They are not at our service.
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 16:40   #335
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
What I wanted to say is that we can show that we don't like the reboot, but if we are not respectfull to their work (even if we don't like it) they are not going to listen to us. They are not at our service.
I don't think it works that way; they're looking for feedback from the consumer to have a better view of the market. If they were to only look at polite feedback it would give them a distorted view of the market and they might be making the things that don't sell as well.

Simply put, they make things that make money, not nice compliments...

To be polite is only for yourself and others to see that you're a civilised person.

Last edited by Nigel Cassidy; 16-03-17 at 16:48.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-17, 23:17   #336
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Being polite and being respectfull are not the same thing. I thought classic Lara taught us that haha.

Of course they want to have a better view of the market. But they want it for their reboot. They're not going to throw away their work because a small group of people (us) still want to see classic Lara. At this time, making a "real" big Lara Croft game would be a favor to us.

People still love classic Lara but I don't think that they're 6 millions to want to buy and play the game. If we want a new "real" and big Lara Croft game it's a petition with 6 millions signatures that we need. Something that beats the reboot sales. And as much as I want it to happen, I don't think it will. There's a time where we have to let it go and enjoy the previous games. Because right now we are just hurting ourselves on purpose. And if someday they make a new classic Lara game then we could all be happy. But it's not happening anytime soon.

Not to mention that they will face a lot of criticism for it not being as classic Lara as people wanted it to be. I don't think they really want to work again on classic Lara anymore.
Old 17-03-17, 09:03   #337
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

That's too pessimistic I think; they've been doing things to keep true Lara alive: publish a comic, a book, and a number of small games, and in their seasons greetings cards and things like that there usually was a Lara Croft alongside Catfish.

That tells me two things: one: Tomb Raider is gonna be a different thing now, Catfish is not gonna turn into Lara Croft. And two: if they wanna keep Lara Croft alive with these... let's say 'table scraps' they want to keep the possibility open to make something bigger eventually.
Old 18-03-17, 17:33   #338
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Well I don't agree on everything, the fact that they're keeping alive a classic Lara with small games doesn't mean they let the door open for something bigger.
Because you can let a character die and bring it back with a lot of hype yeaaaars later (prince of persia, Crash Bandicoot,...) I think it doesn't mean anything. It just mean that they see that there's still a market for classic Lara, not that they could want to make a "real game" later.

But I agree that maybe I'm a bit pessimistic !
Old 28-03-17, 01:19   #339
Ramoram
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
I support you. Tomb Raider finally fall after the Rise. I may have to wait forever for real series to come back.
Ramoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-17, 06:56   #340
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

You've been added to the list. Thank you