www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Chronicles

Old 20-03-17, 19:19   #41
Grimaldi
Hobbyist

^True, and they were fun, but there wasn't enough between the fights to make the levels that memorable for me. Except the view of the colosseum, that was class.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-17, 04:27   #42
Anakzunamuhn
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
The combat in VCI is more... tactical. There is less full throte combat and more of sniper. In fact, I think this section would benefit A LOT of the new TR's controls (as long as they would keep the classic platforming), because of the stealth importance.

The biggest problem with VCI is that depending on where you save, you might end up with bugs, maybe game breaking bugs. If you save often and in different slots, it is not a major problem, in fact the only bug I encountered is a secret room that didn't open.

And if you play on PC, you can always count on Stella, hahaha.
Well, i will try it, but now on I'm replaying TR1, so simply and limited, but so gorgeous game. Anyway, after I finish it, will be the back for Chronicles, and i think i will replay the whole game just to get all the secrets (and get much more info about AoD, love that game).

Luckily I save very often and in different slots, so the bugs will not be a big problem (i hope). By the way, love the Nevada section in TR3. If the VCI it's similar to Area 51 Im surely will enjoy it.
Anakzunamuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-17, 09:46   #43
ThatSassyKid
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
^True, and they were fun, but there wasn't enough between the fights to make the levels that memorable for me. Except the view of the colosseum, that was class.
Fair enough!
Old 21-03-17, 16:54   #44
Patrick star
Relic Hunter

Me classing Rome second doesn't mean that I fondly like it , it's just better than anything VCI and Russia introduced .

Rome had spectacular atmosphere , but horrible design at times . Streets of Rome , just compare it to Cairo from TR4 , where you felt like you ARE in a city , SoR however had one yard with a fountain in the middle and a single straight street near the place where you fight the three dragons , where are the streets ? it felt so empty , rushed and overall meh .

Trajan's Markets started off strong , with a clever puzzle involving the wheels and a good boss fight , as soon as Lara entered the sewers , the whole level went downhill imo , I HATE SEWERS !

The Colosseum is the best level in the section , but it strongly reminded me of Legend's levels , it was one big linear straight line , the level didn't even take place in the Colosseum , which was reduced to a 2D background decoration asset we can observe from behind the fences .
Old 22-03-17, 01:00   #45
Anakzunamuhn
Hobbyist

^Chronicles it's all rush. There is no section without the feel that something is missing or not slowly designed. It's some kind of a shame, but it's what we got, the simplest TR in the Core era. Which I don't feel as something so bad, just think it's the last goodbye to the PS1.

That thing with the coliseum, it's seems to be more an Easter egg, like the Sphinx in TRIII. It would've been so fun if we can go down there and fight these huge statues in the old gladiator way.
Anakzunamuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-17, 15:49   #46
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with the cats and TR's 1 through 6 and the 4 classic expansions

Well The VCI section is quite enjoyable just like Nevada from TR3 because of the high tech things.