Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 17-05-18, 18:56   #761
red_lion

Looks great ! I am very excited to view it.
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 20:06   #762
Ruu11

Any plans on release date for that wonderful Level Exporter?
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-18, 21:05   #763
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
wow, you can even see the light bulbs there. did you place them or did you extract them from the game? impressive anyway.
They're extracted form the game. Their outer radii:

A bit messy, isn't it? Well there are JUST 103 lights
At least they're placed correctly, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Any plans on release date for that wonderful Level Exporter?
Not yet, it's still in an early stage of development.
nakamichi680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-18, 18:51   #764
Zebra

Wow, that's an insane amount of lights. Shouldn't be surprised, though, as AoD's lighting is gorgeous and Core obviously put a good deal of effort into it (like placing a hundred individual lights inside a single room ). It's great to see you making so much progress on the exporter ! Really cool to be able to see all this under-the-hood stuff such as water volumes and light placements.
Zebra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 04:26   #765
kietasvyras

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamichi680 View Post
Is there anyone who is experienced in Pixel/Vertex shaders programming, directx 9 and psh/vsh files?

More screenshots of the Level Exporter:

Legend:
- Grey: room bounding box
- Blue: water box
- Purple: portal

Prague3a water boxes:
nakamichi680, I doubt there is anyone more experienced than you here, particularly with TRAOD...

Huh, water boxes? Half flooded Tomb Of Ancients is comming?

So the water in Aquatic Research area is not actually at exactly the same level everywhere as it should be according to laws of physics?

Is it also possible to change portals? Would this allow to change a place where certain map or certain level is loaded?

You do like the The Sanctuary Of Flame lightning, do not you?
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-18, 09:37   #766
nakamichi680

Quote:
Originally Posted by kietasvyras View Post
Huh, water boxes? Half flooded Tomb Of Ancients is comming?
You do like the The Sanctuary Of Flame lightning, do not you?

Quote:
So the water in Aquatic Research area is not actually at exactly the same level everywhere as it should be according to laws of physics?
Yes but there's nothing strange in this, it was common back in the TRLE days too. The picture is interesting because it shows the overlaps between water boxes which cause some ugly glitches ingame.

Quote:
Is it also possible to change portals? Would this allow to change a place where certain map or certain level is loaded?
Portals are not used for loading new maps, otherwise how could you explain the portal in the sanctuary of flame? Portals are used to instruct the engine about room interconnections so that it can decide whether a room should be drawn or not (if it can't be seen from player's position).
Old 24-05-18, 03:04   #767
kietasvyras

Quote:

Yes but there's nothing strange in this, it was common back in the TRLE days too. The picture is interesting because it shows the overlaps between water boxes which cause some ugly glitches ingame.

Portals are not used for loading new maps, otherwise how could you explain the portal in the sanctuary of flame? Portals are used to instruct the engine about room interconnections so that it can decide whether a room should be drawn or not (if it can't be seen from player's position).
Is there only one water box for fully flooded Tomb of Ancients or it is still made of 2 separate water boxes, one of which goes up to the middle? Maybe you have found any hidden and/or unused water boxes, lights, portals or suspiciously excessive room bounding boxes in any levels or something unusual?

I am very sorry for my stupidity but I know almost nothing about programming. So what does the portal in The Sanctuary Of Flame do? Makes the engine draw the room when Lara passes it? But we can already see the room before passing that point when the door opens, cannot we? Or it triggers the cutscene and makes the room start igniting?

Last edited by kietasvyras; 24-05-18 at 03:05.
Old 24-05-18, 08:13   #768
nakamichi680

Quote:
Is there only one water box for fully flooded Tomb of Ancients or it is still made of 2 separate water boxes, one of which goes up to the middle? Maybe you have found any hidden and/or unused water boxes, lights, portals or suspiciously excessive room bounding boxes in any levels or something unusual?
I don't know, I haven't investigated yet.

Quote:
I am very sorry for my stupidity but I know almost nothing about programming. So what does the portal in The Sanctuary Of Flame do? Makes the engine draw the room when Lara passes it? But we can already see the room before passing that point when the door opens, cannot we? Or it triggers the cutscene and makes the room start igniting?
Portals allow viewing one room from another. If you remove portals the game will render only the room where you (to be more precise, the camera) are at the moment.

Old 29-05-18, 08:35   #769
kietasvyras

Quote:
I don't know, I haven't investigated yet.
You should check.
Quote:
Portals allow viewing one room from another. If you remove portals the game will render only the room where you (to be more precise, the camera) are at the moment.

9PlHczFK-as
But why that level needs 2 separate rooms? Why Core Design did not make it a single room without the portal then?
Old 29-05-18, 12:43   #770
nakamichi680

^ levels are split in rooms to reduce cpu/gpu/ram usage.