Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations > In Memoriam

Old 11-07-17, 18:07   #121
Patrick Shannon

Today is July 11th, 2017. Four years now since our Bug Scientist left us. Visiting this "sticky" thread is like visiting a shrine. Thank you, Richard, for sharing with us so much of the wonder in the Tomb Raider classics.

With fond remembrance...
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 18:13   #122
Orionvalentine

It's nice that this thread is still maintained, I think that's a beautiful way to remember Richard

Rest in peace, dude
Orionvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 16:06   #123
Patrick Shannon

And today is July 11th, 2018... has it really been five years? Once again remembering our "bug scientist" who explored so many odd corners, ledges, building roofs, and tree tops with us... those were the days...

Last edited by Patrick Shannon; 11-07-18 at 16:14.
Patrick Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 17:44   #124
Alex Fly
Inactive

Wow I can't believe it's been 5 years already...

R.I.P. bug scientist.
I'm always a bit sad when an old thread where he has posted is bumped or linked to and realize you're no longer around.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 17:56   #125
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Unhappy

Still missed.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 20:17   #126
Maverin

I had the luck to have some conversations with him when he was still around from 2012 until the end (I had an older account before this one but that doesn't matter now). He was a very kind and warm person. His passion of discovery is severly missed. I'm sure other members knew him longer or better but I'd like to pay my respects as well. R.I.P.

Last edited by Maverin; 11-07-18 at 20:18.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 23:13   #127
Greatest TR

Yes, I'm still sad about his passing, We did talk a lot about Bugs, glitches and betas's as well. One of a kind man and fun to talk to I would say, There is one glitch I have discovered myself In Tomb Raider 3 in London level and he was fascinated by it and he tried to understand but couldn't succeed it what I did, He tried like 100 times as he told me, poor sod. Wish I have told him about the glitch method before he passed away. Rest in peace Bug scientist,
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 23:43   #128
Girafarig32

Our bug scientist will truly be missed. I remember showing Richard a video and wasn't expecting him to watch all the videos on my channel, including the silly "Luddick remix" I made. It was a good laugh. And of course, we would talk about glitches. He was such an insightful contributor to especially the classic tomb raider titles, pioneering glitches that are used even today. He truly lived up to his title. Rest easy, Richard. Once and future bug scientist.
Girafarig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-18, 22:52   #129
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
Our bug scientist.... He truly lived up to his title. Rest easy, Richard. Once and future bug scientist.
Yes, very true.

There was only a few of us that got special titles for outstanding achievements on this forum, so that we could choose our own title.

I was one of them with a title called 'The Inscrutable One', due to my (errm) very inscrutable ways, and rr_carroll got his title as well.

I am now feel rather lonely being the only one left on the forum having a special title, and maybe it is time soon for a few more members on here, that are especially worthy of a special title, to get one.

TRL online who is the administrator, please take note
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 09:13   #130
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well its 7 years today since the Bug Scientist rr_carroll has left us.

Even nowadays we are still finding some of his old discoveries, for example recently we found out that a member on here spotted in TR2's Bartoli's Hideout, that there is a night/day cycle feature, with the skybox lightening and darkening in real time. Then it was noted that rr_carroll had discovered this way back, years ago

You only spot this feature if you stand Lara outside for some time.

See this thread and message 29...
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=224473
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote