www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future Tomb Raider Games

Old 18-10-17, 02:40   #21
Zreen001
Archaeologist

I wonder if it's another Kain entry. They haven't touched it in a while.
Old 18-10-17, 04:49   #22
robm_2007
Legend

Location: Fruits and vegetables? Sounds like an entire wing of a 1950s insane asylum.

It's official: They scrapped SOTTR and are remaking/rebooting/remastering/re-releasing the game they never even released!!!!

It has all of the click bait words for GUARANTEED SALES!!!
Old 18-10-17, 05:54   #23
lance6439
Legend

just hire me
Old 18-10-17, 09:56   #24
Mani_Man
Archaeologist

That is not really something to worry about, it could mean everything between here and there.

Could be for TR, could be for a new ip, could be for a old ip...there are literally dozens of explenations for that...none of which need to have anything to do with Tomb Raider.

That they hire new people is always a good sign...but yeah the best sign would be if they would actually reveal the next tomb raider game. XD
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-17, 12:39   #25
ArigatoGozymas
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
It does look pretty troubling.
I wonder if Squeenix has anything to do with them leaving. We’ve had reports that they like to meddle in things that go on, such as making things easier on the player or adding in things that are popular.
Yeah. I mean he did say that his departure had more to do with him getting a job that is closer to his own location (or something like that, not sure) but I guess there's more to it than that. People don't just quit halfway while being creative directors for a game that is yet to be announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
It wasn't a "few months", it was one year
Didn't realize time went by so fast. Point is he was a creative director of a game and he left before it's official announcement and we have no information regarding whether he was replaced or if his space is still vacant.

Last edited by ArigatoGozymas; 18-10-17 at 12:43.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-17, 22:36   #26
JuditePrince12
Historian

Lol if there's any news about the game can we just know already, aka leaked info. Just no spoilers please . This constant speculation can keep me entertained but for so long.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-17, 20:08   #27
Ruu11
Hobbyist

Are this things usually GOOD or BAD??? I mean... director's leaving can be GOOD if someone else better arrives in its place, but BAD at the same time... I hope that everyone is understanding my thoughts (asdfghjkl my english can be terrible sometimes)
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-17, 23:21   #28
ArigatoGozymas
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
Are this things usually GOOD or BAD??? I mean... director's leaving can be GOOD if someone else better arrives in its place, but BAD at the same time... I hope that everyone is understanding my thoughts (asdfghjkl my english can be terrible sometimes)
The thing is we don't know how good or bad that creative director is, or at least we haven't seen him work on a Tomb Raider game so it's hard to know if it's a good or a bad thing that he's gonna be replaced and I doubt it's that significant since CD has its own vision so whoever comes will still work according to plan. If all of Crystal Dynamics is replaced by a whole new studio and publisher, now that's when you expect a significant change, even though that isn't the case with Assassin's Creed for example, since each installment of that franchise is developed by a whole different team, and teams return to develop a future sequel after 2-3 games, but with CD, it's been pretty much the same people overseeing everything.

But the thing is that Milham was hired for the next Tomb Raider and he left before the game's even announced and we were told to expect something late 2017 and there aren't any significant gaming events left in 2017 other than Paris Games Week which is unlikely for a TR announcement, followed by Video Game Awards Show and PlayStation Experience. So if an announcement doesn't take place, then it likely means there's general trouble with development, which is the worrying part.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-17, 16:31   #29
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArigatoGozymas View Post

But the thing is that Milham was hired for the next Tomb Raider and he left before the game's even announced and we were told to expect something late 2017 and there aren't any significant gaming events left in 2017 other than Paris Games Week which is unlikely for a TR announcement, followed by Video Game Awards Show and PlayStation Experience. So if an announcement doesn't take place, then it likely means there's general trouble with development, which is the worrying part.
There definitely could be "trouble at t'mill" (to use a Yorkshire expression). Having 3 different Directors for one game isn't ideal anyway, but yes, him leaving before the game is even announced could mean something.

I did notice that Ian arrived with a PR fanfare and left with no particular comment from Crystal - that I've seen anyway. I find that unusual too.

I still wait with bated breath though. Even if it's a reskin of Rise in a different, more exotic location, it'll be worth a playthrough I expect.
Old 22-10-17, 15:37   #30
Nigel Cassidy
Professor

I'm too starting to suspect that there might be trouble behind the scenes. What with them being dead silent for so long.
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote