Old 25-02-18, 01:45   #11
larafan25

she's not even in this game

larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 12:01   #12
tenthavenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimbobJeffers View Post
I ripped all the textures with Texmod and had a quick look for you, removing any detail from the Normal and Specular maps and converting the Diffuse to blank DXT5 transparent textures, but it looks like Texmod read them in as DXT1 which lost transparency so she's pure black instead of transparent.

Perhaps they have to be injected with Tomb Ripper?

Edit: I've edited all the files I could find on Tomb Ripper and uploaded them here. Just follow the Tomb Raider Hub tutorial to install them, and let me know if it works!
I downloaded TombRipper but got a "d3d init error", I checked online but I couldn't find a fix for it, apparently TombRipper doesn't work with DirectX 10 and up, I even downloaded DirectX 9 but it still keeps giving me the same error message
tenthavenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 12:44   #13
JimbobJeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthavenue View Post
I downloaded TombRipper but got a "d3d init error", I checked online but I couldn't find a fix for it, apparently TombRipper doesn't work with DirectX 10 and up, I even downloaded DirectX 9 but it still keeps giving me the same error message
Yeah I hit the same thing, to fix it I had to install WinXP in a Virtual Machine. Unfortunately I couldn't test it through that VM though, and the bigfiles weren't modified when I tried replacing the textures so I couldn't pull them back out to test on Win10!

Going forward I can suggest two things: look for a fix to get TombRipper working, perhaps by investigating dx9 dll stuff or by installing Windows XP on VirtualBox; or look for some kind of camera hacks to use - I released a Cheat Engine script to take screenshots with for TRA on a site called DeadEndThrills, but I don't know if one exists for TRL.
JimbobJeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 14:18   #14
tenthavenue

Thanks a lot for your help! I'll try my best to find a way to get those screenshots >_>
Old 05-03-18, 16:44   #15
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Default Invisible Lara

This is how you make an invisible Lara in Legend (sorry, not next gen graphics)

You make all of Lara black using texmod, then using a good paint program like GIMP, you take the black outfit/Lara and convert it to invisible by using an alpha channel to do change all the BMP's textures of the outfit.

I am rubbish at this and cannot do alpha channel conversion, so I needed help by Axelia, and you can see this in my old thread here, please do not post in it.

Note that I wanted Lara in Bolivia to be invisible, so the result is in the thread, and also the download for the invisible Lara in Bolivia TPF for texmod in the last comment in the thread.....
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218246

If this does not help you, it may help others, Cheers Chi

Last edited by The Great Chi; 05-03-18 at 16:52.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-18, 17:08   #16
tenthavenue

I saw your thread while I was searching for the invisible textures, but I want next gen screenshots so it wont work for me, sadly Thanks anyways, it can help others
Old 06-03-18, 04:55   #17
Boobandie

Download the debug version of TRL.exe (the one where you can access the rocket launcher)
I think you can use the camera settings to lock the camera in place before moving lara out of the shot.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-18, 10:48   #18
tenthavenue

I’ll try that when I get home, thanks!

EDIT: It worked! Thank you so much!!

Last edited by tenthavenue; 19-03-18 at 14:42.