Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 16-09-18, 13:54   #1301
jumper2009

Can someone give me a detailed rundown of this project and all its issues around it?
Want to inform people on a bigger forum
jumper2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-18, 22:40   #1302
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper2009 View Post
Can someone give me a detailed rundown of this project and all its issues around it?
You're going to get biased opinions no matter who replies to you so keep that in mind.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 08:21   #1303
MelikeLara

I appreciate the hard work that goes into this sort of project, and I’d say they probably slightly underestimated how much work and hoops to jump through it takes to get music released via the correct channels, I certainly don’t envy them and I’m very grateful to them for doing the whole project still and preserving with it, well done Nathan and the team!

I’m going tonight with my partner, so excited, is anyone taking anything to get signed? I’ve paid for meet and greet so I guessed it wouldn’t be too cheeky.... lol
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 19:26   #1304
Hazelphoenix

Quote:
Basically, people are starting to question the legitimacy of this project delay after delay, and some of them are asking for clarification. This got on Nathan’s nerves somehow and he started to reply in a rude way to some comments on Kickstarter, then this attitude spread over twitter and other social medias. Like, the “Core Design” fan page on twitter almost got attacked for a survey they posted in which people had to decide what was their favourite TR ost. People are growing tired of both waiting endlessly and Nathan’s attitude towards backers and fans who supported the project.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you can read even more posts explaining various issues that occurred lately.
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-18, 20:53   #1305
Zreen001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Basically, people are starting to question the legitimacy of this project delay after delay, and some of them are asking for clarification. This got on Nathan’s nerves somehow and he started to reply in a rude way to some comments on Kickstarter, then this attitude spread over twitter and other social medias. Like, the “Core Design” fan page on twitter almost got attacked for a survey they posted in which people had to decide what was their favourite TR ost. People are growing tired of both waiting endlessly and Nathan’s attitude towards backers and fans who supported the project.

If you go back a few pages in this thread you can read even more posts explaining various issues that occurred lately.
On the other hand, there are still people who just want the whole thing to blow over and wait patiently for the music.
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 01:24   #1306
Sayonel

As unprofessional as it is to lash out at people for their opinions even when they happen to be negative, he's still human. We all make mistakes. It's for the best that he backs away form social media and let someone else handle it.

Anyway, for those that went, how did the concert go?
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 19:22   #1307
Brendanlovesu1

Last night was incredible

An absolutely beautiful event last night, it was truly a memorable experience which will stick with me for years to come, Thank you Nathan, Shelley Winston and Alison ever so much for making this a reality.
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 20:57   #1308
thewolf
Golden

Hearing this awesome music live must be fantastic
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 21:59   #1309
MelikeLara

It was truly a magical experience! Even my partner who knows very little about it all thoroughly enjoyed it, and meeting Nathan, Shelly, and Alison was brilliant, they were all so warm and welcoming and I took loads of pics with them! And they signed my game manuals for TR1/2/3 and I got Alison to sign the Underworld one. Loved it, can’t wait to get my Kickstarter rewards when they’re ready, don’t rush it though Nathan, good things come to those who wait.....
MelikeLara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-18, 00:03   #1310
Error96

Quote:
Hope this gives you your answers.

The project is to make a real absolute top-quality of the scores from the original 3 Tomb Raider games by Nathan McCree. These scores were originally produced using synthesisers but the aim was to produce it with a world class orchestra. After the huge success of an initial concert in 2016 including 3 standing ovations Nathan decided to do a kickstarter to fund the recording. Keeping in mind this was music from games that were 20 years ago, remarkably with the support of Tomb Raider fans the kickstarter managed to raise around £193,000 which meant the full recording could be done at the world famous Abbey Road studios (famous for recordings by the Beatles). The number of performers was over 160 (choir included) making it was the largest ever ensemble to perform at that famous studio.

The full recording has been completed, mixed and mastered. Having heard it at a preview event in my personal opinion it is of the most incredible quality. I was left giddy with excitement. Sadly there have been substantial delays caused by issues over VAT registrations, one of Nathan's team leaving and the birth of his latest child. A few people have been angry and indeed vocal at the delays and at perhaps on an odd occasion Nathan didn't respond in the best way to this. I think the vast majority are still very much behind the project. The 'twitter drama' does little to detract from the great achievement of bringing these iconic 90's soundtrack to the absolute perfect orchestral versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonel View Post
Anyway, for those that went, how did the concert go?
It was really fantastic. Tracks like the T-Rex, Skidoo and Venice were just amazing and done to perfection. Allison Carroll came dressed in the full classic outfit and was doing some gymnastics as well during one track and Shelley Blond did a great job of presenting. They were fabulous in the meet and greet session too signing load of pieces for everyone and doing photos. I met Nathan before hand and he said the release was now weeks away so is something very much to look forward to.

Last edited by Error96; 19-09-18 at 00:06.
Error96 is offline   Reply With Quote