Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 14-05-18, 15:22   #401
New Dwight
Inactive

@Axelia
Did you ever complete the reboot lara outfit; expedition red jacket? I really liked that one.
New Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-18, 20:03   #402
RocketLombax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelia View Post
Sure the proportions can be human like... just like any animating Lara's proporion can be moved... but you need to move Lara, Lara skin, Lara Joints (but if you don't want to drasticaly change the animations better watch the end parts of the mesh tree like hands and feet...hands can be longer, but watch it in game )
Henley Lara is fully moved staying in the proportions of Rise Lara
It really does look incredible! I see you're not afraid to push that 255 vertex limit and it's definitely worth it! Your work in general is always inspiring. It got me thinking differently about how I work on models for TRLE stuff!

If you don't mind sharing the secret, what's your method for adjusting proportions in WadMerger? like, in general? I've used the LARA object's 'No Animation' slot to adjust proportions, and it works well as long as you don't move the Mesh 0 (pelvis) part since that crashes WadMerger, but I've only used the proportion adjustments on the main LARA object. Are there also benefits to changing the LARA_SKIN and LARA_SKIN_JOINTS as well?
Honestly, any help on the subject is much appreciated! I've done experiments on my own, but there aren't really any tutorials or logs about this.
RocketLombax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 10:33   #403
Guuims
Inactive

Made some final adjustments to the TR4 model for my project, here's everything i changed:
-Small adjustments to the head mesh, so textures are no longer distorted.
-Added leg straps.
-Changed Lara's top color to teal, instead of dark green and modified to show less of Lara's boobs
-Changed boot's thing color from yellow to red (like in TR1).
-Changed holsters color so it matches the belt.
-Changed gloves color.

I'm pretty satisfied with how she looks rn.

Last edited by Guuims; 31-05-18 at 11:11.
Guuims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 21:24   #404
Dustie

Hey this is very nice (classic Lara FTW!), although her eyes look a bit off now? What exactly did you change there?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-18, 22:43   #405
Craig Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Hey this is very nice (classic Lara FTW!), although her eyes look a bit off now? What exactly did you change there?
I love the idea of a corrected TR4 outfit, and like the new colors, especially the red laces. I agree that something isn't quite there yet with her eyes though. Also, wow, Lara's chest somehow looks even larger with more covered up, but I definitely prefer Lara to be more covered. I never liked that her shirt was *so* low-cut in TR4/5.
Craig Michaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 02:53   #406
NoahCrofRaider

I really love that outfit, Guiims! I agree that the eyes look kind of off too though.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 20:31   #407
Guuims
Inactive

Yeah, i modified the head mesh but forgot to change the eye texture, it's not quite finished yet.
Guuims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 00:44   #408
JustLuigi

AXELIA I CANT WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THE GREY HENLEY OUTFIT !
JustLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 08:19   #409
Heckler

I've decided to do TR2 home variation outfit from scratch for TRLE. The topology will serve as a base for my Shadow of the Tomb Raider outfit. Trying to keep the polycount as low as possible.
I am in desperate need of someone who can tutor me in the porting of it though. I understand the fundamentals of it but I've been made aware that there are new ways to grasp it.

Last edited by Heckler; 12-06-18 at 08:43.
Heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 10:30   #410
Boobandie

Looks great so far! The only issue I can see is the gap between her thighs (beneath her crotch) is a little too wide. Try lowering the bottom of her pelvis and beefing up her inner thighs. The figure on the outside is beautifully curved. Also maybe pick up the edges of her jawline a little so its a bit less square. Nothing wrong with a more square jaw, Sophie Ellis Bextor is gorgeous, but Lara's always been a bit more angular.

A rule for hair meshes is that the joins between them can only have 4 vertices per hole. A 5 sided smooth braid wont work in the TRLE, though you may be able to fake a jointless more detailed one like TR2/3.

Last edited by Boobandie; 12-06-18 at 10:32.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote