www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Community > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 20-08-11, 11:38   #401
hollister
Junior Member
 
hollister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new jersey! (USA)
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
So if it is then it should be on the radio.
well nicki has to promote it more to get it on the radio.. maybe after the video comes out it will get more attention.. like what happened with superbass.. plus we will have rihanna navy to help us out on this single to.
hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 11:41   #402
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
well nicki has to promote it more to get it on the radio.. maybe after the video comes out it will get more attention.. like what happened with superbass.. plus we will have rihanna navy to help us out on this single to.
So how does the video make it get promotion? I remember alejandro didn't have a music video and it got promoted on a radio.
__________________
TR's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, 4 times level the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 11:48   #403
hollister
Junior Member
 
hollister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new jersey! (USA)
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
So how does the video make it get promotion? I remember alejandro didn't have a music video and it got promoted on a radio.
video helps because now it can be heard on tv more and be shown in more ways.. also music videos can make you look at a song differently and make you like it or make you like it more.. and to get songs promoted without video thats up to the fans to make it happen.. like what happened to where them girls at.. team minaj helped david guetta flo and of course nicki by tweeting it and requesting it on the radio and buying the single a lot soon the song became a hit then later the music video dropped.
hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 11:50   #404
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
video helps because now it can be heard on tv more and be shown in more ways.. also music videos can make you look at a song differently and make you like it or make you like it more.. and to get songs promoted without video thats up to the fans to make it happen.. like what happened to where them girls at.. team minaj helped david guetta flo and of course nicki by tweeting it and requesting it on the radio and buying the single a lot soon the song became a hit then later the music video dropped.
OK. So nicki minaj ain't as popular as gaga.
__________________
TR's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, 4 times level the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 11:52   #405
hollister
Junior Member
 
hollister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new jersey! (USA)
Posts: 2,258
Default

yes she is.
hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 12:06   #406
larson n natla
Relic Hunter
 
larson n natla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 7,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
OK. So nicki minaj ain't as popular as gaga.


That's not why the single needs promotion, every single does, but yes you are right Nicki isn't as popular as Gaga worldwide.
__________________
Andrew Ryan: There's two ways to deal with mystery: uncover it, or eliminate it.

Last edited by larson n natla; 20-08-11 at 12:41.
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 12:33   #407
hollister
Junior Member
 
hollister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: new jersey! (USA)
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson n natla View Post


That's not why the single needs promotion, ever single does, but yes you are right Nicki isn't as popular as Gaga worldwide.
minus the UK.. the UK go crazy for her.. they made her switch hotels cuz they would all crowd the hotel and it got crazy.
hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 12:33   #408
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
minus the UK.. the UK go crazy for her.. they made her switch hotels cuz they would all crowd the hotel and it got crazy.
I thought the US was crazier for nicki than the UK.
__________________
TR's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, 4 times level the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 12:37   #409
larson n natla
Relic Hunter
 
larson n natla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 7,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
minus the UK.. the UK go crazy for her.. they made her switch hotels cuz they would all crowd the hotel and it got crazy.
That was only London.

We do love Nicki, but Gaga shut down each city that she visited whilst here. My own included, she's a household name whereas Nicki isn't well known to people over the age of 30.
__________________
Andrew Ryan: There's two ways to deal with mystery: uncover it, or eliminate it.
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-11, 12:47   #410
peeves
Legend
 
peeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level
Posts: 65,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson n natla View Post
That was only London.

We do love Nicki, but Gaga shut down each city that she visited whilst here. My own included, she's a household name whereas Nicki isn't well known to people over the age of 30.
So ireland would go crazy for nicki minaj too i believe.
__________________
TR's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, 4 times level the best
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.