Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 29-09-17, 10:10   #11
Tonyrobinson

I think he will do his own thing but go above and beyond with the effort he puts into this after being removed from Justice League.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 17:37   #12
ccroft2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think he will do his own thing but go above and beyond with the effort he puts into this after being removed from Justice League.
Yes, I totally think he will too... one can hope he'll honor the game theme (original) at some point!
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-17, 22:45   #13
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
I agree - overall Graeme Revelle did a good job but time constraints don't excuse ignorance! He could easily have looked at the music that existed for the games and built on them maintaining the TR theme, but instead, he ignored them and in a way made his job harder by trying to do his own things. Overal the music was pretty forgettable.
To be fair, his "Tomb Raider Main Titles" is such a great track and it got cut...It totally gave me vibes of the original games music.

As for the rest of the OST, I thought there were some really nice pieces that fit what was going on in the film.

EDIT: Now that I'm re-listening to the OST, I actually really enjoy it. A lot of the action tracks have this constant "ticking" effect in the music that mimics the theme of "time". Some of the Soundtrack choices were a little questionable, but I think they fit with how Lara's character was portrayed for the movie.

Now, Cradle of Life had a boring soundtrack. The only songs I can remember from it are "Pandora's Box" and the music that plays during the Lab scene(Which wasn't even by Alan Silvestri). The main theme is OK, but the rest of the tracks are just so generic sounding. It's fitting though, because Cradle of Life is such a boring film to rewatch.

I have to give a shout out to Craig Armstrong for his two tracks for both films "Inhaler" and the aforementioned lab Music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he does his own thing with the soundtrack tbh.
I fully expect this. I don't think any composer wants to mimic something already done by a previous person.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 14:31   #14
ccroft2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
I fully expect this. I don't think any composer wants to mimic something already done by a previous person.
I agree but really they should treat the TR "theme" as they would if he was composing the next James Bond, Jurassic Park or Pirates of the Caribbean... Keep the main theme but build on it and make new themes around it.

Afterall Jukie XL must be used to it after working with other composers on previous movies.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 20:18   #15
MissJodieG

Is he the one that remixed Britney's 'And then we Kiss'?
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 20:46   #16
James_Rutland

I just searched and yes, he did do a remix of that song.

He's a very popular musician, he has a very electronic sound for a lot of his work however for movies like Batman v Superman, Divergent and The Dark Tower he is capable of producing some beautiful epic soundtracks.

At 2:30 I could imagine soundtrack like that during Roth's last words to Lara. It's a shame he's not in the movie

Last edited by James_Rutland; 03-10-17 at 20:49.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 22:04   #17
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJodieG View Post
Is he the one that remixed Britney's 'And then we Kiss'?
Yes!

Great song
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-17, 09:58   #18
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Yes!

Great song
Wow, his work is really varying then. I can't wait to see what he does with the film.
MissJodieG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-17, 22:49   #19
Tonyrobinson

I'm in love with Junkie's latest score. It's so emotive!

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 23-10-17 at 22:50.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote