Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 14-10-17, 20:07   #1
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

Default Would You Purchase a LAU Trilogy Remaster?

Hey everyone,

Would you like it if SQEX/CD releases a remaster (not a remake, since many confuse these two terms) of the Legend-Annivesary-Underworld trilogy for current gen consoles (PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One/S/X and PC) which features 1080p and 4K resolutions, 60 fps frame-rate and improved textures, shadows, lighting..etc. and all TR:U DLC included with it (for both consoles).

Of course, the collection is already available for PS3, some might have not liked the way it was, so they could start from there and improve upon all the issues that people dislikes and add the DLC which probably no one's every gonna play or bother getting a 360 for, if they don't already have one. I have a PS3 and a PS4 and I'm too lazy to take out the PS3 to play those, LOL.

I personally would buy that in a heartbeat. LAU trilogy was highly enjoyable for me, much more so than the reboot (which I also enjoyed) and it's a shame that us PS4 players would have to either take out our old PS3s or just not be able to play those games anymore.

So how do you feel about it? (Mods, feel free to include a poll about it).

Last edited by ArigatoGozymas; 14-10-17 at 20:32.
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:17   #2
robm_2007

Even considering this is purely hypothetical, no I would not. It's a lot of superficial crap that isn't going to convince anyone who didn't already like LAU to rebuy it. The LAU DLC might get some Sony fans on board (if it was just for TRU; assuming they don't care about L or A), but that DLC is not straying from Microsoft.

The only people who would buy it would be those who love LAU and have some cash to blow, which I don't think would be enough for SE/CD to waste time and resources on a 6th gen game with 4k textures/resolution + 60 fps. I'm not even sure how many members here have 4k TVs and a PS4 Pro or whatever Xbox model renders in 4k.

In whole, it's like putting lipstick on a pig. It'd still be a pig. (And I say this as a fan of LAU).

Last edited by robm_2007; 14-10-17 at 20:19.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:25   #3
paulojr_mam

I think a remake would be better than a remaster.
paulojr_mam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:28   #4
Patrick star

Nope , unless they release it for the PC as well . And in that case , I'd buy it for the sole reason of wanting to play the Underworld two DLC levels , about which I'm still bitter Till . This . Day .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:32   #5
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Nope , unless they release it for the PC as well . And in that case , I'd buy it for the sole reason of wanting to play the Underworld two DLC levels , about which I'm still bitter Till . This . Day .
At least we agree about this one thing, haha.
Added PC to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
I think a remake would be better than a remaster.
I doubt they'd bother remaking any of those games from the ground up. Like if they didn't remake the highly demanded TR2 and TRAOD, then why would they do it to LAU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Even considering this is purely hypothetical, no I would not. It's a lot of superficial crap that isn't going to convince anyone who didn't already like LAU to rebuy it. The LAU DLC might get some Sony fans on board (if it was just for TRU; assuming they don't care about L or A), but that DLC is not straying from Microsoft.

The only people who would buy it would be those who love LAU and have some cash to blow, which I don't think would be enough for SE/CD to waste time and resources on a 6th gen game with 4k textures/resolution + 60 fps. I'm not even sure how many members here have 4k TVs and a PS4 Pro or whatever Xbox model renders in 4k.

In whole, it's like putting lipstick on a pig. It'd still be a pig. (And I say this as a fan of LAU).
I suggested this because fans feel nostalgic to play those games, and the 4K part has become a norm for most games, even remasters these days, they release a patch to make those of us who have PS4 Pro/Xbox One X and 4K screens to take advantage of that.

Last edited by ArigatoGozymas; 14-10-17 at 20:36.
Old 14-10-17, 20:38   #6
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArigatoGozymas View Post
At least we agree about this one thing, haha.
Added PC to the list
Tehe , yeah XD .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:45   #7
mind

I'm still waiting for TRA next-gen graphics for PC and TRU DLC levels.
mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:46   #8
Grimaldi

I don't think so. It's been done, there wouldn't be much to add and I've played them too much already. A remaster of the originals, especially if done in the style of the Crash Bandicoot remakes, on the other hand? Take my money.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-17, 20:53   #9
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimaldi View Post
I don't think so. It's been done, there wouldn't be much to add and I've played them too much already. A remaster of the originals, especially if done in the style of the Crash Bandicoot remakes, on the other hand? Take my money.
I guess it's unfair to expect a full remake of the originals like Crash Bandicoot because Crash was a remake marketed as a remaster. They recreated everything frame by frame like the originals, new textures, new 3D models, so for games in the scale of the classic TRs, it would be a hell of a long time and a huge amount of resources to accomplish remaking those the way. Of course I'd be super happy if that ever happens, yet I don't see it happening since they wanna stray as far away from classic Lara as possible...
Old 14-10-17, 21:01   #10
Grimaldi

Yeah, it'd be a big undertaking. I don't think they're put off making classic-inspired projects though. The Lara Croft series is still active.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote