Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 05-05-12, 13:11   #31
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider99 View Post
it can be very fun and just enjoying!
To some, yes.

Others expect to be able to make a level with just a few clicks with the mouse and they get really disappointed by the LE...
They don't understand that it takes time to make a level that plays well and looks good, especially when using all sorts of new objects.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 13:15   #32
Laras Boyfr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
T
Others expect to be able to make a level with just a few clicks with the mouse and they get really disappointed by the LE...
They don't understand that it takes time to make a level that plays well and looks good, especially when using all sorts of new objects.
Actually, I know many many of these guys who are my friends.
I wasted time teaching them TRLE stuff and they never had the patience to go on...

If you cant make something worth with TRLE, there is no chance for one to have more success with another engine like UDK, CryEngine, Oblivion Engine or else. Let alone to work in that department.

People justify theirself with how old and slow TRLE is, but actually its the perfect start for a game designer...

I hate how lazy some people are nowadays

Last edited by Laras Boyfr.; 05-05-12 at 13:16.
Laras Boyfr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 13:20   #33
Raider99

I really enjoy TRLE, it was hard on beginning, but i was so happy when i spent year and didn't know how to make level playable and when did it, it was moment when i tried to celebrate!
Actually i don't like people who ask very stupid question about TRLE like, hot to raise square? O_O
And i hate when someone ask for everything....i learned myself when i didn't know TRF exist and i only used manual to study...

Anyway we are little off topic now...
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 18:30   #34
motoleo
Inactive

This would be a different experience than just a level, it would be like an interactive FMV, one that gives you full control.

Do people usually do these things single handedly? Or have their ever been teams to work on them?

I need to decide which FMV to use, and I thing Tomb Raider Anniversary would be the easiest to do, and the most demonstrative to my idea.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 18:56   #35
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
This would be a different experience than just a level, it would be like an interactive FMV, one that gives you full control.

Do people usually do these things single handedly? Or have their ever been teams to work on them?

I need to decide which FMV to use, and I thing Tomb Raider Anniversary would be the easiest to do, and the most demonstrative to my idea.
You still seem to not understand the limitations of the LE.
Like Titak stated, experiment with the editor first in order to get a feel of things, as building methods are quite complex, & then take your ideas from there
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-12, 20:25   #36
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
You still seem to not understand the limitations of the LE.
Like Titak stated, experiment with the editor first in order to get a feel of things, as building methods are quite complex, & then take your ideas from there
the fact is, that even with a limitless editor (if it ever exists), that idea brings to a huge project.. absolutely not for a beginner But I wish you good luck, it seems you are motivated enough! I simply hope you won't come to remake lara's house, sooner or later, lol
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote