Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 31-12-14, 20:57   #1
Everett

Default Fancy tricks for getting past traps?

I was reading the forums, and came across in this thread a mention of another way to get past some of the dart traps:

Quote:
They’re thick, large wooden stakes that kill you almost instantly. The easiest way to avoid them is to use timing, but if you want to be a bit more stylish you can A) Jump over them B)Swan dive over them C) Sprint down the hall screaming and hoping you don’t get hit ala Indiana Jones D) Do a very fancy gymnastic flippy thing in TRA that usually gets you through ok.
What's the "very fancy gymnastic flippy thing?" Anybody seen a video of it? Also, one slight correction to the part about spinning blades - I've seen somebody get through them without using the crate, by rolling over one set and jumping/swan diving over the other. I'd post a link, but apparently the forum rules don't allow it for me yet.

Any other ways of getting past obstacles, or doing things, that's fancy and showy, and possibly unnecessary and for showing off, you know of? Or other ways to show off?
Everett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-14, 21:07   #2
Patrick star

welcome to the forums
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-14, 21:27   #3
Boobandie

The "Fancy gymnastic flippy thing" refers to when you tap the crouch button or jump button at the end of a roll or swan dive. Lara will begin a gymnastic floor routine which varies depending on which combination of crouch/jump you input.

crouch, crouch, crouch, crouch, crouch

crouch, crouch, crouch, crouch, jump

crouch, crouch, jump, jump, jump

crouch, crouch, jump, jump, crouch
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 04:45   #4
Everett

I know about the gymnastics you can do. What I was wondering was if anybody has seen them used to get past the dart traps, or some tips on how to do it, since apparently it's possible. Or showing off getting past any other traps, for that matter. If I was allowed to, I'd post a link to a video of jumping and swan diving past the blade trips in Legend.
Old 08-01-15, 09:18   #5
Boobandie

Quote:
D) Do a very fancy gymnastic flippy thing in TRA that usually gets you through ok.
Just do the gymnastics as you run through the dart traps. Lara will usually get through okay, might get hit by one or two of them.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-15, 23:10   #6
Everett

No special timing or anything? Just make a run for it, or do you wait for the right moment?

And has anybody seen a video of it?

Last edited by Everett; 09-01-15 at 00:08.