Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 25-03-12, 19:12   #571
Ceamonks890

@Phlip, the new invent.gmx file adds the missing textures for the inventory level onto it, so you no longer have to resort to using wireframe mode(through TRAoD SCU), in order to see where you're going.

There was also a buggy camera originally in the inventory level, that caused Lara to disappear if it was on certain angles, making you unable to see where you were going. However, turning the camera or Lara to a different direction causes Lara to reappear and allow you to return to picking up more items. With this new invent.gmx, the camera has been fixed, so that 'disappearing Lara' glitch no longer happens, when turning the camera to certain angles

If you want to see what's been changed for yourself, download it and replace the original invent.gmx file with the updated version

@everyone else, was there really a reason to bump the thread, just to say we should show former Core members this beta diary? Even if we could find former members of Core who worked on AoD, would they even be allowed to talk to us about it? They're most likely under contract not to talk to fans about what was cut from AoD(this applies to the main storywriter of AoD as well.) Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but all we can do is imagine what the final version of AoD would be like. Eidos has probably thrown away the old resources of AoD by now

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 25-03-12 at 19:21.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 20:55   #572
motoleo
Inactive

I don't really want to believe that.. It must be in a vault somewhere. They don't just throw it in the trash, that's silly.
motoleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-12, 21:08   #573
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoleo View Post
I don't really want to believe that.. It must be in a vault somewhere. They don't just throw it in the trash, that's silly.
From Eidos' point it was just a failure which lead them near to liquidation. If anyone than they'd want to forget AoD completely, and even if for some time they had the script, etc; they surely have them removed now, with TR being rebooted.

Just let it go.

Last edited by tomee; 30-03-12 at 21:18.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12, 19:05   #574
vinnyvis

No.
vinnyvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-12, 20:33   #575
peeves

I can't believe how much i missed here. I do like those reviews. Nice job!
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-12, 00:59   #576
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
I think they would have to start from scratch. Someone had said that the 'concept art and storyline details for Tomb Raider could have ended up on a rubbish heap somewhere in England following the demise of Circle Studios, who retained their Angel of Darkness material until the point of liquidation.'

Does rubbish heap mean what I think it means?

http://www.indycroft.com/forum/index.php?topic=25.0
Not sure why you gave that indycroft.com link motoleo, why not just give a link to the actual source of the info, which was this forum.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=149396

To find out what went in the skip bin, we would have to find out what Circle Studios had in the first place. And that print that was supposedly AOD concept art was probably not, it was something lots of people were given, one was sold off with some Legend concept art. It was more likely a seperate artwork commissioned by Core Design or given to them and done by an outside artist.

Information on two pieces of memorabilia form Circle Studios can be found here.

Last edited by aussie500; 17-04-12 at 01:35.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 02:30   #577
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Not sure why you gave that indycroft.com link motoleo, why not just give a link to the actual source of the info, which was this forum.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=149396

To find out what went in the skip bin, we would have to find out what Circle Studios had in the first place. And that print that was supposedly AOD concept art was probably not, it was something lots of people were given, one was sold off with some Legend concept art. It was more likely a seperate artwork commissioned by Core Design or given to them and done by an outside artist.

Information on two pieces of memorabilia form Circle Studios can be found here.
It actually ended up in a skip?
That's ludicrous, ...that's really incredulous,
they didn't think to auction it off or nothing..??
Old 18-04-12, 06:39   #578
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
It actually ended up in a skip?
That's ludicrous, ...that's really incredulous,
they didn't think to auction it off or nothing..??
They were not gamers, not Tomb Raider fans, they would have brought all the stuff to sell, and a bunch of paperwork and unframed pictures were probably not thought of much worth. Some of the stuff they did probably put on eBay as collectables, but they would have realised too late the real treasures were probably what they threw out. There was an early design document and some storyboard stuff shown in the AOD companion that probably went to Circle and could have ended up in the bin. It seemed most of the collectable stuff shown in the companion might have gone to Circle Studios as well.

The concept art could have been in digital format, the ones James Kenny lost were were in digital format.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 16:35   #579
motoleo
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
They were not gamers, not Tomb Raider fans, they would have brought all the stuff to sell, and a bunch of paperwork and unframed pictures were probably not thought of much worth. Some of the stuff they did probably put on eBay as collectables, but they would have realised too late the real treasures were probably what they threw out. There was an early design document and some storyboard stuff shown in the AOD companion that probably went to Circle and could have ended up in the bin. It seemed most of the collectable stuff shown in the companion might have gone to Circle Studios as well.

The concept art could have been in digital format, the ones James Kenny lost were were in digital format.
I guess I could try to understand it...but it's still not clicking.

Last edited by motoleo; 18-04-12 at 16:38.
Old 23-04-12, 16:19   #580
vinnyvis

Just played AOD prague part. And i wonder... After Lara gets out of the car with the "chat" wiht Luddick.. was there originally gameplay. Cuz the one moment she's outside and the next inside.
vinnyvis is offline   Reply With Quote