Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-06-12, 20:29   #4291
Rachie737

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
I never really bother with enchanted weapons, I just whiz up a batch of 50 odd daggers and/or rings and go enchant all of them, and I collect small items like that with enchanting in mind. I ran out of soul gems at the house I was at last night though and did not want to use any of the better ones. I need to go find some training in something for my new level then I will choose another house and another batch of soul gems, I should have it up to 100 some time tonight. I just need to work out who to pick on for the training, anyone knows a good heavy armour trainer I would not mind that one, since I am not actually using heavy armour. The training should be nice and cheap. I think last time I chose one of the companions for heavy armor training, I will probably go investigate when I play later.
Maybe Erik can be hired by other people, then, as a random event? Who knows.

Anyway, Farkas is your man for heavy armour training. He is in the Companions, yes, and he can train you up to level 90 in it as a master trainer. Even better, if you've completed the Companions questline, you can be trained for free - have him as your follower, then trade items and take all your money back. Do this straight away, though, or it will disappear over time.

You can actually get your money back from any trainer, so long as you're willing to hurt them and potentially make them angry (sheathing your weapon might quell them though). Enchant your weapon, poison your weapon or gain an enchanted weapon that causes paralysis. Then hit them with it. When they're on the ground, repeatedly hit the talk button (on your respective platform) while in sneak mode, and eventually you'll be able to pickpocket them for 0% chance of being detected, no matter the amount or watching people (if it's a large sum, not doing this process will make you automatically detected no matter what). It does work, I managed to get back a good 10,000 coins from Niruin for Archery training.
Rachie737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 04:00   #4292
aussie500
Golden

I always seem to be in the wrong place and in a hurry so ended up settling for pickpocketing training for the last three levels which was expensive since I have been working on that one. I always have plenty of money and am usually finished getting most skills completed by the time I get around to completing the Companions quest line, so never got any money back of anyone. I have barely started mosy questlines this time. I am rich and can always go make more money if I need to. I usually go for training at lower skill levels anyway, in skills I have not advanced on. My pickpocketing trainer unfortunately now is of no more use, she cannot train me past level 75, so I will have to go practice some more to get that one up to 100. I had problems with some of the final battles in the Stormcloak campaign and ended up taking just about all night to finish it due the the slide show that became unplayable many times. Obviously I will have to do that a third time yet a different way to see if I can ever actually get the civil war questline complete. I am getting annoyed that it never comes up as complete.

Enchanting is now at 89 and I have not yet run out of stuff, although I might go and fill some smaller soul gems anyway. Stocks of filled ones are getting low, unless I missed a stash somewhere. I am almost level 59 so another enchanting perk soon.

And thanks Rachie737 for telling me it was Farkas I wanted training from, I did eventually rememebr before getting to the next level to grab the rest of the training with him. Although he gave me a fright at first when there was no option for it, seems they are determined I should advance a bit in the Companions quest line. I will just sit here for a few minutes practising my magic and get to level 59 so I can get some more heavy armor training before running off.

Last edited by aussie500; 06-06-12 at 04:47.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 07:50   #4293
daventry

Talking

Vampire Perks info
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/th...perk-tree.aspx

Dawnguard Screens
http://gamersyde.com/news_e3_skyrim_...-12948_en.html

Werewolf Perks
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...olf-perk-tree/

Todd Howard interview and Dawnguard short gameplay sequences
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHalNRPt_4Q&hd=1
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 10:45   #4294
Summer B

Hmm, is there some DLC I'm not aware of? (I've been busy with Dragon's Dogma the past couple of weeks)
Summer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 10:48   #4295
Nemo_91

^ Yep, Dawnguard.

Here's the E3 demo.

Edit: Oh, it's been already posted

Last edited by Nemo_91; 06-06-12 at 10:50.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-12, 17:04   #4296
Larson_1988

"Dawnguard adds a new character in The Ratways of Riften who can alter the Dragonborn's appearance. Race and gender are locked, but other facial features can be tweaked "

Wohoo! Something i missed from Fallout 3.

Edit: Oh, and after downloading Dawnguard then people will NOT attack you even after reaching stage 4 vampirism. However, being seen as a vampirelord will make them attack you instead.

Last edited by Larson_1988; 06-06-12 at 21:07.
Larson_1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 02:09   #4297
Rachie737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larson_1988 View Post
"Dawnguard adds a new character in The Ratways of Riften who can alter the Dragonborn's appearance. Race and gender are locked, but other facial features can be tweaked "

Wohoo! Something i missed from Fallout 3.
Brilliant! My character's mouth has been annoying me.

Quick discussion for DawnGuard: if you're already a vampire, or you've come across that stupid glitch on the PS3 that makes you cured of lycanthropy but the game still considers you to be one (), does that mean you can't join the vampire faction, or you need to be cured before trying? It looks almost as though this kind of vampirism differs from the usual, so I wonder if you need to be infected again.

There are several different kinds of vampirism in TES lore - the vampires in Skyrim could merge through ice, and would hide in icy lakes to catch unwary prey that strolled over them. It kind of reminded me of the dragon that dives into the ice in the trailer.
Rachie737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 09:20   #4298
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie737 View Post
Brilliant! My character's mouth has been annoying me.

Quick discussion for DawnGuard: if you're already a vampire, or you've come across that stupid glitch on the PS3 that makes you cured of lycanthropy but the game still considers you to be one (), does that mean you can't join the vampire faction, or you need to be cured before trying? It looks almost as though this kind of vampirism differs from the usual, so I wonder if you need to be infected again.

There are several different kinds of vampirism in TES lore - the vampires in Skyrim could merge through ice, and would hide in icy lakes to catch unwary prey that strolled over them. It kind of reminded me of the dragon that dives into the ice in the trailer.
I would expect they could make a vampire out of just about anything, so I would not worry about what your character currently is. Not unless you want to join the Dawnguard, in which case not being a vampire would probably be an idea. We will have to wait and see what they think of werewolves, let alone werewolves who are not but sort of still are werewolves.

I am more interested to see what Hearthfire is going to be about.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 13:03   #4299
Larson_1988

Captured this from the PS3 a few days ago. Those pesky dragons can be very annoying.

Larson_1988 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-12, 21:48   #4300
Summer B

Technical question - sort of - more Xboxey question but involves Skyrim...

Anyways... a friend of mine started a game of her own and we were wondering if we saved it on to a usb, would it work on a different console and copy of the game? (so she can take it with her to carry on playing - she just got her game but hadn't started a game 'til she was on mine tonight)
Summer B is offline   Reply With Quote