Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 31-01-14, 21:21   #21
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Meagan, could you please explain what this patch does? I'm so curious! Thanks for your quick help and response, as always! Last night I listened to the podcast. It was very interesting as always and you were lovely as always. Its so cool that I actually really met you! I really think that the current team at crystal dynamics is a really passionate one and that its here to stay and to make many more amazing tomb raider games. P.s. I really really hope that the definitive edition will be patched into the PC version someday. Are you sure this won't ever happen?

Greetings Bob Smolders
Maybe future DLC?
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 21:47   #22
PhantomPain

It's either Steam's mistake or SE had them issue a meaningless update... I think it's Square.
PhantomPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 22:17   #23
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

The update was 1GB, wasn't it? I don't know what the norm is for PC patches, but that seems reasonably hefty to me.

Last edited by Spong; 31-01-14 at 22:33.
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 22:20   #24
Ward Dragon
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
The update was a 1GB, wasn't it? I don't know what the norm is for PC patches, but that seems reasonably hefty to me.
It apparently contained the French voice-overs for all of the dialogue in the game.

The size by itself isn't too unusual for patches that contain new content, although it sounds like this wasn't intended to be a patch to begin with.
Ward Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-14, 22:37   #25
Spong

Just the dialogue for one language takes up that much space?
I figured the update had to have actual content of some kind rather than just a bunch of bug fixes, it can't be just audio though, surely (unless it's uncompressed or something)?

I thought that maybe they were sneaking in some new assets ahead of announcing a DE upgrade for PC or something
Old 03-02-14, 18:56   #26
MeaganMarie
Crystal Dynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJTA View Post
Meagan, could you please explain what this patch does? I'm so curious! Thanks for your quick help and response, as always! Last night I listened to the podcast. It was very interesting as always and you were lovely as always. Its so cool that I actually really met you! I really think that the current team at crystal dynamics is a really passionate one and that its here to stay and to make many more amazing tomb raider games. P.s. I really really hope that the definitive edition will be patched into the PC version someday. Are you sure this won't ever happen?

Greetings Bob Smolders
Per the blog, a patch wasn't supposed to go out. It was pushed in error and contained some language files as far as I've been told, which resulted in English being removed/set to French for some users. The timing was poor with DE launch, as I know some people speculated it had updated content in it. I promise, this is a good-old-fashioned mistake - we're not trying to pull anything past you guys! :P
MeaganMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-14, 19:06   #27
Spong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
...I know some people speculated it had updated content in it. I promise, this is...
DE on PC confirmed!!!
LULZ
Old 03-02-14, 19:25   #28
TRJTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
Per the blog, a patch wasn't supposed to go out. It was pushed in error and contained some language files as far as I've been told, which resulted in English being removed/set to French for some users. The timing was poor with DE launch, as I know some people speculated it had updated content in it. I promise, this is a good-old-fashioned mistake - we're not trying to pull anything past you guys! :P
Thanks Meagan.
Too bad that it seems like the PC version won't ever get the DE updates I want to play it so badly. But I think it's abit overkill to get a nextgen console just for Tomb Raider
TRJTA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-16, 19:32   #29
jevta82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywalker View Post
You can change text in game, but voice needs to be changed in the steam client.. Check properties and language tab
but I have no in propertis language tab
jevta82 is offline   Reply With Quote