Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 16-08-15, 19:54   #251
annl

I'm currently applying new textures to doors and other small textures on objects and walls.

It takes a bit longer as I have to apply matching textures to both the classic and legend packs.

I have also been switching computers a lot this month. But I have a computer that is fast and much better than my last. Only problem is that FMVs crash the game so I have had to disable them.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I'm running Windows 7 64bit.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-15, 20:05   #252
MBog

Maybe run it on 32 bit? I don t know but some games on my computer can t work because of that
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-15, 22:29   #253
Sardoc

By default, there are 5 dll files in TR2 folder. Maybe try copying them to Windows\System32 and/or Syswow64? No idea if it'll help, though. I don't have that problem neither on W7 x64 nor on Vista x64.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-15, 17:05   #254
MBog

Does it work ?
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-15, 20:55   #255
NoahCrofRaider

annl,how to do you save your level files with new animations?
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-15, 13:15   #256
annl

I edit the anims in fexanim, then save. Then if the animations require precise alterations (such as climbing), I edit them in TRViewer.

Fexmerger I only use to transfer anims from TR4/TRLE levels.

I then create a blank level with only the Lara object from the modded wad file. Then I convert it to a tr4 level file using tom to tr4 and open it with fexanim, export them and reimport them into the unmodded TR2 or TR3 level of my choice and edit the frames to match each of the new animation frames. Then I save 2 level files, one for backup and one for modding. After modding in TRViewer I transfer the modded level into the data folder of the game and hopefully it works without a hitch.

It is a long process, but it works if you have patience. Good luck!
Old 31-08-15, 23:20   #257
annl

Smile Update on progress.

I thought I'd update you on the progress of the mod as its been awhile.

Testing of the main game is done and these are the things to be done and luckily now there are very few.

Fix textures and holster animations on Doria levels.
Fix wrong leg meshes for Legend Orange Outfit (Tibet) on Legend Pack.
Add missing new wall ladder texture to Ice Palace.
Add matching textures to doors on some levels.

I apologise for it taking a while, I have had other things to do but I have been testing levels when I can. Barkhang Monastery is unstable but I cannot fix this. My only solution is to save regularly, not just on that level but all levels. Just in case. Animations look great, matching footstep sounds perfectly.

Not long now, I hope.

As for FMVs, it isn't too much of a problem as I mainly test on iOS anyway and I haven't altered the FMVs (Remastered FMVs) on PC anyway.

Last edited by annl; 01-09-15 at 09:51.
Old 01-09-15, 03:20   #258
laracroft1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
I thought I'd update you on the progress of the mod as its been awhile.

Testing of the main game is done and these are the things to be done and luckily now there are very few.

Fix textures and holster animations on Doria levels.
Fix wrong leg meshes for Legend Orange Outfit (Tibet) on Legend Pack.
Add missing new wall ladder texture to Ice Palace.
Add matching textures to doors on some levels.

I apologise for it taking a while, I have had other things to do but I have been testing levels when I can. Barkhang Monastery is unstable but I cannot fix this. My only solution is to save regularly, not just on that level but all levels. Just in case. Animations look great, matching footstep sounds perfectly.

Not long now, I hope.

As for FMVs, it is too much of a problem as I mainly thest on iOS anyway and I haven't altered the FMVs (Remastered FMVs) on PC anyway.
Can't Wait
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-15, 09:36   #259
annl

Default Testing complete, again!

I have done full testing on iOS of both TR2 and TR2 Gold. No new features are being added, only bug fixing.

Bugs are:

Lara's legs look incorrect on her winter outfit on the legend pack. Need to fix this.
Nightmare in Vegas has the weapons carry over from Kingdom on iOS, this leaves weapons that don't exist in this level. Probably due the wrong script file.

Nearly there...
Old 21-09-15, 07:52   #260
annl

I have fixed the buggy legs on the legend winter outfit, as well as have the right holstering animation for the wetsuit.

As I am close to releasing the mod now, I want to share some release details.

First, the Legend Pack will release first as I still have things to fix for the Classic Pack.

Release should be very soon, not this week as I have college and a gaming convention happening.

The trapdoor bug still occurs in Opera House, I cannot fix this without using TRViewer. I try to edit Opera House with TRViewer and the level crashes on load.

The crashes on Barkhang Monastery, Furnace of the Gods and Kingdom are caused by one thing. I found all the levels have one thing in common, they have the Monks. That is what causes it meaning I cannot fix it as they are essential to the level. Just save often on levels featuring monks or any level to be sure.

I have also made an icon for the mod, totally optional to add. Feel free to make your own and send it in, mine is pretty rubbish.

Last edited by annl; 21-09-15 at 07:59.