Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 18-04-15, 15:14   #121
Laras Dream

Too many enemies annoy me. Like in TRA and TR1 when you're about to jump across a ledge and bats come out at you and its like "ffs piss off". So no, I don't think Underworld had too little enemies.

TR1 had a basic plot, CD could have turned it around and made it deeper but then people probably wouldn't be happy because its changed, yet people are unhappy its too basic.

I really didn't get why they put in Lara feeling bad and looking at her hands. Lara was already hardened in TR1.

TRA had some cliché cringy lines like "You're here because you belong here Lara!" and the like that TR1 didn't have, but TRA improved Natla's appearance in my opinion; she got a pointy facial structure which looked more sinister than TR1 Lara.
Laras Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-15, 15:29   #122
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Underworld felt underdeveloped in that aspect. You felt isolated, but at the same time there was so little to do, just corridors and corridors.
I agree about Underworld having too many eventless corridors , but Anniversary had even more , plus , the feeling of isolation has nothing to do with gameplay content , it's all about the atmosphere , the visuals , the location and the ambient sounds ..I consider Jan Mayen and Xibalba in Mexico two of the best isolated atmospheres out of the whole franchise imo .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-15, 15:42   #123
Madbuk

When I had a PS2, this was the game that I would go back and play, over and over. This, Sly, Ratchet and Spyro. But this is the one I played the most out of all of my PS2 games because I loved how little combat there was and how focused on puzzles/atmosphere it was.
These days, I have an average-sized backlog (40 unfinished games, 1 unplayed, countless I plan on buying eventually), so I don't really go back and play games I've completed (and by completed, I mean 100% in trophies/achievements) because I just don't have time.

However, this'd be on of the first games I'd go back to and play again. I love it. It also had the best Croft Manor, imo, followed by Legend - there was actually a purpose to it other than just to run around and do basically nothing in (besides locking the butler in the freezer )
Madbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 20:13   #124
Laras Dream

Core intended Croft Manor just to be a training level. That's why it didn't really have a use, but it was fun in TR2/3 with the maze and the quad track.

I brought out my PS1 because I needed a break and went to play TR1. It. Is. Brilliant. TRA is terrible in comparison - and that's coming from someone who was born into the end of the PS2/start of PS3 era! Maybe its just the childhood memories of playing Core games on my PC, but I think it is really so much better. The levels are more colourful and Greece is golden and sandy unlike the grey TRA Greece. Although, I would say that TRA improved the cosmetics of some areas such as the Colosseum and Atlantis.

Last edited by Laras Dream; 21-04-15 at 20:14.
Laras Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 22:03   #125
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laras Dream View Post
Although, I would say that TRA improved the cosmetics of some areas such as the Colosseum and Atlantis.
They did improve some area's. Colosseum like you said and the area around the giant Sphinx but I have to disagree with you about Atlantis. They totally ****ed up at that part. That part, I find was a total downgrade from the original.

The original was spooky, it had atmosphere. The skin-like wall and the heartbeat throughout the levels. Anniversary's was like a lad inside a cave, something you'd find at the end of a James Bond film.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 22:17   #126
Trenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
They did improve some area's. Colosseum like you said and the area around the giant Sphinx
Those weren't improvements at all (particularly the Sphinx area was smaller and watered down). The Colosseum arena itself was pretty well handled by Crystal, but they removed the colosseum exterior in favour of some lame indoor puzzle. That's not improving on the original, that's watering it down (ever seen Core's concept for TRAE Colosseum exterior? It blows your mind)
Trenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 22:35   #127
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
Those weren't improvements at all (particularly the Sphinx area was smaller and watered down). The Colosseum arena itself was pretty well handled by Crystal, but they removed the colosseum exterior in favour of some lame indoor puzzle. That's not improving on the original, that's watering it down (ever seen Core's concept for TRAE Colosseum exterior? It blows your mind)
I meant graphically improved, not actually made the levels better than the originals lol. Everything about Anniversary was watered down but nothing was more of a let down then the whole Atlantis section.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-15, 15:35   #128
ryan91
Inactive

tra is far from boring
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-15, 21:24   #129
Zhyttya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
TRA is my fav from trilogy. I think this game is not for everyone. its for speacial fans who loves TR from first game. from the Title its Anniversary edition so its normal that there aren't modern things as in Legend and Uderworld. I always have that game in my PC with reboot. and when I miss Lara I play it.
1. Lara's classic model
2. Old atmosphere
3. gameplay
4. no glitches and bugs (PC)
5. normal storyline
6. bosses
7. music
I've been a fan of Lara since i played TR3 for the first time, i was 8.

Being a fan since the core design games did not complemented my love for the crystal dynamics games, at all.
The only thing i don't enjoy on the CD games is the short duration and how easy it is to pass them. Other than that, great game.
Zhyttya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-15, 22:47   #130
Jorje Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhyttya View Post
I've been a fan of Lara since i played TR3 for the first time, i was 8.

Being a fan since the core design games did not complemented my love for the crystal dynamics games, at all.
The only thing i don't enjoy on the CD games is the short duration and how easy it is to pass them. Other than that, great game.
TRA is most difficult game from CD's TR
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote