Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 31-03-12, 19:34   #1
Jami393

Default Did Angelina do any of of her stunts?

I was wondering if Angie actually did any of her own stunts in either of the TR movies? I know she did the the one from the chandelier in the first one, but that is well it.
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 19:36   #2
NRO.

I'd kill to see that picture of her stuntman again.
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 19:45   #3
Admles

Depends on who you ask. She had stunt doubles, and there were pics of them too in action, but some rabid fans will tell you how she was better than the double, so she ended up doing them all blah blah blah

I remember the jet-ski flips were done by a male
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 20:07   #4
TippingWater

Last edited by TippingWater; 31-03-12 at 20:10.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 20:10   #5
NRO.

LOL, second one. There he is! xD

Last edited by NRO.; 31-03-12 at 20:11.
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 20:40   #6
Jami393

Can we please get back to my question in which I asked, did Angelina do any of her stunts?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-12, 20:45   #7
Big Lara Fan

She did almost all of her own stunts. There were a few where doubles were needed to prevent any legal/insurance issues with Angie if injuries were to occur. If you watch the behind the scenes stunts for both the Tomb Raider movies, the directors and Angie herself explain this.
Big Lara Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 04:09   #8
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Can we please get back to my question in which I asked, did Angelina do any of her stunts?
She did nothing dangerious, so it depends on your definition of stunt. She got to hang around safely suspended by a harness, got to jump onto some nice soft safe surfaces that were not too far away, was allowed to play with weapons provided they were not sharp enough she could somehow manage to hurt herself, got to be attached to a ride pretending to be an underwater propulsion unit. She was allowed to ride the jet ski but not do any stunts, and got to sit on a bike as it was moved across the room by a mechanical gadget. She even got to sit in a jeep, that she was not driving and watch the scenery and occasional shrubbery go by. All the actual stunts that went with that, that required skill or was dangerious someone else did to make Angelina look good. Then Angelina got to say she did all her own stunts. She did some.

The best thing Angelina did was ride the beam in the first movie. Not very far off the ground mind you and she still had a safety harness on to ensure she could not fall off. Anything filmed further up would have been done by the stunt double. At first they would not even let her do that much but apparently the stunt double could not manage to get up from a prone position. The beam itself was moved automatically, All Angelina had to do was get up and look like she was actually doing something, which is why she is a good actress. They act, they pretend to do things, they do not do real stunts, the insurance people would never allow them to do anything dangerious. Still actors manage to hurt themselves even falling on nice soft surfaces, or walking into things, the film would never get done if the director actually allowed them to do anything dangerious. The star would be spending all their time in hospital!

If Angelina did all the fancy trick riding in the shooting scene in the second movie it was not bad, but having had Angelina say once she did all her own stunts when it was obvious she did not, I no longer believed Angelina did any. She had fun doing the bungie ballet, but that was not really dangerious. Angelina went no where near the ground while doing it, the lower stuff was done another way.

And it is easy to jump off a chandelier with safety ropes and guide wires, they never trusted her to jump onto the chandelier. She stood there for her close up, very dangerious that, standing around is not usually considered a stunt.

Last edited by aussie500; 01-04-12 at 06:03.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 04:41   #9
Tonyrobinson

Angelina did all of her own stunts!

APRIL FOOLS! Trolololo!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-12, 07:09   #10
XtremeJenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admles View Post

I remember the jet-ski flips were done by a male
As well as the wingsuit base jump. Both of the jumpers in that scene are from a Swedish base jumping team, I forget the name of it. One of the guys runs the world base race now.

http://movieclips.com/Q3FKi-lara-cro...ngsuit-escape/
XtremeJenn is offline   Reply With Quote