Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 05-04-12, 01:48   #41
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeJenn View Post
Of course we're singling out Angie... this thread IS about her so I don't see the point of getting off topic by bringing up other actresses.

Its not going off topic, I'm bring up the fact she isn't the only one in Hollywood that has hese same things said.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 10:59   #42
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave_pulsar00 View Post
Its not going off topic, I'm bring up the fact she isn't the only one in Hollywood that has hese same things said.
I am pretty sure if any of my other favourite actors had dared to insult my intelligence by saying they did all their own stunts, I would have remembered it. Even if any of the actors I even watch had said it I would have remembered it. And yes I can blame the studio for supporting such a lie, they are deliberately misleading fans.

I have reason to think Angelina did not jump off the chandelier in TR1, well maybe jumped a small distance onto some mats. I actually have doubts now she did as much wire work in that scene as I thought she did. Yes her male stunt double did all the dangerious stuff, and her female stunt double did the rest it seems. All Angelina did was pose for her close ups, hang on a board suspend just above the floor, jump of a few things, although there is some doubt as to how far she jumped. She threw some fake punches while there were no explosions going off on the balcony, and someone else doubled for her when there was explosions. I still think she did the bungie ballet, which while not dangerious is a stunt. When I get some time I will take a closer look and just see if I can tell who did the wall run around the room. Once I know enough about her stunt double for that scene to actually recognise her, or recognise parts of her.

But onto some more lovely Angelina doubles, Andy Godbold was Angelina's stunt double for the bike riding scenes and stunts in COL. So unless you clearly see Angelina's face while Lara is riding the bike, yes it is a guy. And on most occasions when you can see Angelina riding a bike, it is actually a stationary bike, she is not riding it she is just sitting on it looking good and doing some acting. It was all done with greenscreen effects, probably her bike riding between the cars in Salt was done the same way. Yes the bike stunts were all real in COL, but Angelina did none of them. Angelina can ride a bike so not sure why she never got to do it more in the movie. maybe she was busy doing something else, or maybe again it was an insurance thing. If anyone has better scans of the articles I would love to add them to our collection.

A few screengrabs from the movie showing the stuntmen in action.

And one of Angelina doing what she does best, acting.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-04-12 at 11:09.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 11:50   #43
Lukass

^ OMG ! The double dude even has a bulge on his pants

Anyway, I'm disappointed. She clearly lied and that doesn't fit to Angelina.

Last edited by Lukass; 05-04-12 at 12:02.
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 12:21   #44
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukass View Post
^ OMG ! The double dude even has a bulge on his pants

Anyway, I'm disappointed. She clearly lied and that doesn't fit to Angelina.
Well he is a dude, he is not going to be spending that long on a bike with everything lashed down. Still a bit disappointed we could not get a photo of one of the guys in the bikini. Josh Lustic was well covered in the only photo we have of him in costume, ready to film.

I have a quote from the PWC forum.
Quote:
Josh Lustic did a lot of the 'stunts' for the movie on a ski.. (dressed as a girl). Those pictures are out there.. but never to be posted.. lol
Probably as close as we will ever get to them.

Last edited by aussie500; 05-04-12 at 12:26.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 18:22   #45
Aphrodite22

well, she obviously didnt do all of her stunts. BUT she did prepare for all of them, and for me thats the most important part.

TR1

TR2
Aphrodite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 18:35   #46
NRO.

She looks so creepy. O.o

She looks awesome now, but her TR days, holy crap.
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 19:28   #47
larafan25

It's official, Angelina Jolie started the TR Epic sitch.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 19:40   #48
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
It's official, Angelina Jolie started the TR Epic sitch.
What?

Also, why was the director for the 2nd film changed?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 19:59   #49
Admles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite22 View Post
well, she obviously didnt do all of her stunts. BUT she did prepare for all of them, and for me thats the most important part.
So it's okay that she took credit for someone elses stunts?

Oh, and after seeing those videos, no wonder her fight scene in TR1 sucked, her martial arts "training" was dreadful
Admles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-12, 21:07   #50
Avalon SARL

I have a question, who would ever believe, no matter how much training she did, that Angelina did every single stunt in the movie and mainly the dangerous ones or those that needed total skill

and what is this debate when the making of did show the stunt men and how the action sequences were made (For COL I mean).

AJ is an actor and she is not an athlete or able to perform dangerous things; if true, then she could have been used as a double actor/stunt woman in other movies

She just gets trained for doing a scene where it is necessary and so that she looks in shape and skilled enough so that her acting would not look bad or that she is doing something she has no idea about.

Trying to do something you have no idea about will not even allow you to know what to do, so that is why she gets trained, so she has an idea of what to do.

Who would ever believe she jumped with a parachute while in her whole life she had never done that
Avalon SARL is offline   Reply With Quote