Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-04-12, 20:40   #1
RardRaider

Default TRC/TR5 wads with adjusted TR4 slots + sfx

Since I just started building a subway-city-vci levelset I got annoyed very quickly finding the TRC objects I was looking for; so I decided to create TRC wads with the corresponding TR4 slots wherever possible

Basically everything is where you expect it to be: doors, keys, puzzles, switches, animatings etc.
Enemies are in enemy slots; they won't work of course (and lots of them are already converted and available on TRsearch anyways) but if you won't to convert an enemy yourself you know where to find him
Some traps/items are in TR4 slots that seemed logical (untested in game): e.g. the swinging tree (Streets Of Rome) -> CHAIN slot; the roots Lara has to ignite with the torch (Gallows Tree)-> FIREROPE slot. You get the idea

Some items are in special slots because I ran out of animating slots (see readme file).

All TRC sound sfx are included also which was a challenge because TR2wad is buggy with TRC sounds so I had to cross-reference the TR2wad output with Soundjack but I think most of the sfx files are correct now.
There are lots of identical sfx files. When converting TRC sound banks to TR4 sound banks you should take this into account in order to save TR4 sound banks. A list of all duplicates (.xls & .rtf format) is included in the download.
Some sound samples referenced in Wadmerger's animation editor don't exist at all (e.g. TR Sound 25)

Download: mediafire

Last edited by RardRaider; 17-04-12 at 20:56.
RardRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 15:46   #2
Terra Forever

Put them on TRsearch too.
Terra Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 16:48   #3
RardRaider

Will do, I already sent an email to gain upload access
RardRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 16:50   #4
Raider99

Yeah,but don't expect answer at the moment,you need to wait some time.
I waited it 1-2 days.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 17:08   #5
KyleCroft

Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated!
KyleCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 17:57   #6
Raider99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RardRaider View Post
Since I just started building a subway-city-vci levelset I got annoyed very quickly finding the TRC objects I was looking for; so I decided to create TRC wads with the corresponding TR4 slots wherever possible

Basically everything is where you expect it to be: doors, keys, puzzles, switches, animatings etc.
Enemies are in enemy slots; they won't work of course (and lots of them are already converted and available on TRsearch anyways) but if you won't to convert an enemy yourself you know where to find him
Some traps/items are in TR4 slots that seemed logical (untested in game): e.g. the swinging tree (Streets Of Rome) -> CHAIN slot; the roots Lara has to ignite with the torch (Gallows Tree)-> FIREROPE slot. You get the idea

Some items are in special slots because I ran out of animating slots (see readme file).

All TRC sound sfx are included also which was a challenge because TR2wad is buggy with TRC sounds so I had to cross-reference the TR2wad output with Soundjack but I think most of the sfx files are correct now.
There are lots of identical sfx files. When converting TRC sound banks to TR4 sound banks you should take this into account in order to save TR4 sound banks. A list of all duplicates (.xls & .rtf format) is included in the download.
Some sound samples referenced in Wadmerger's animation editor don't exist at all (e.g. TR Sound 25)

Download: mediafire
But for name,i think you'll call it TRC wads revised.
until you already did it.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-12, 18:43   #7
Androme321

I try it immediately
Androme321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 01:32   #8
:}hello friend

This will save me so much time, thanks.
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-12, 14:43   #9
RardRaider