Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 10-07-18, 21:49   #1
Xevengar

Default Tomb Raider Project "Mc" (Announcement 3 November)

Hello everyone my name is Xevengar and I make Tomb Raider 1 Mods

The mods that I have been releasing range from weird to funny to more serious ones and even to requests that you guys might have, but mainly they serve for me to practice and understand how the modding process in Tr1 works so I can make sure this project is completed and released without many problems.

The vision that I had for this project was one of, if not the main reason that I started modding for Tomb Raider.

This project is my most ambitious Tomb Raider mod and everything that I have learned will be put to test here.

The main goal of this mod is simple: A new reason to replay Tomb Raider 1, or simply revisit it every year while putting a smile on your face at the same time

I hate to be this mysterious but I won't reveal much more information for now to avoid spoiling the fun

It still is a bit early to create this thread but I want this to reach the largest number of people possible

Another announcement

I know this sounds silly since I just did one yesterday but I recentely discovered that due to personal life I won't be able to release November 3rd

The reveal and release will happen November 1st.

Some little surprises will also be announced November 1st, but will be released later in the month

Sorry about all this mess

----

Note: Just want you guys to know that this is not a new engine or new levels for Tr1 to avoid overhyping, but it is something that has not been done before, and if the feedback is positive I may do something similar for Tr2 and Tr3

Thank you all for reading, I will see you all around, but I can tell you this...

She is waiting for you...

Random Tease Pictures:

Last edited by Xevengar; 04-09-18 at 13:14.
Xevengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 22:03   #2
Wolf 7

Talking

... And she scares me as hell!

I'm really curious to see what do ya created this time! Even if I gotta wait ... Wait so long ... Wait so much ... (trying hopelessly to make you show this project rather before).
Wolf 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-18, 22:17   #3
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 7 View Post
... And she scares me as hell!

I'm really curious to see what do ya created this time! Even if I gotta wait ... Wait so long ... Wait so much ... (trying hopelessly to make you show this project rather before).
Don't worry, we're in this together, I also have to wait a long time to reveal it

Don't be scared of Natla, she's a wuss hehe
Old 11-07-18, 14:51   #4
Alex Fly
Inactive

Oooh this sounds exciting and promising. I'm wondering what it is. And this little teaser is promising.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 15:22   #5
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
Oooh this sounds exciting and promising. I'm wondering what it is. And this little teaser is promising.
It's fun seeing you guys wondering what it is, let's just hope you don't get disappointed when it comes xD
Old 11-07-18, 17:33   #6
Yeauxleaux

Are you completely re-skinning all of the levels with realistic HD textures and creating a HD Classic Lara to match? Plus better lighting?

I would love there to be official re-masters of the classic TR games with that.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 17:45   #7
Alex Fly
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevengar View Post
It's fun seeing you guys wondering what it is, let's just hope you don't get disappointed when it comes xD
I'm pretty confident we won't.
Old 11-07-18, 17:45   #8
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Are you completely re-skinning all of the levels with realistic HD textures and creating a HD Classic Lara to match? Plus better lighting?

I would love there to be official re-masters of the classic TR games with that.
No this is not going to be a remaster or something like it, and regarding the Hd textures, those are already available
Old 11-07-18, 17:56   #9
Xevengar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I'm pretty confident we won't.
I'm also confident in the project and i'm pretty sure many of you will like it, my only "concern" is that what you guys expect this to be will totally different from what it is.

But enough complaining, it is what it is, i'm sure when it is announced, if it is an idea you guys like, then you will have fun with the final product
Old 11-07-18, 18:37   #10
Alex Fly
Inactive

Well if we can enjoy playing as a human pizza I'm sure we can enjoy pretty much anything else from you.

On a more serious note, if the rest of your game looks like this miniature then it's something that looks really promising IMO. I'm only wondering how far will you go this time, if you'll only revamp all characters and enemies, or if you'll also change the textures in the levels and maybe the appearance of some objects too.
Since this mod is going to take you a long long time it must be really something big!

I only hope you won't have too many issues with the game limitations.