Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-12-13, 11:45   #1
fondantcookie

Default Ratchet and Clank : Nexus

Hi all,

Just a quickie but has anyone played Ratchet and Clank: Nexus (or Into the Nexus if you're state-side)?

I completed it lastnight and had a blast.

Only criticism is the length of the game. Pre-release it was stated to be on par with 'Tools of Destruction' but in reality it felt shorter than 'Quest for Booty'... :-(

Does anyone know if they plan to expand on this at all with additional DLC as it really felt like it was rushed out to meet a deadline and is perhaps unfinished...

Grrrr... a real shame as I love the R&C games...

:-)
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-13, 20:29   #2
Ceamonks890

I've bought Into the Nexus(but won't be able to play it until Xmas.)

Personally, while watching a walkthrough of the game in order to keep myself excited for it, I thought the length of Nexus overall was fine. As it's only meant to be a quick epilogue to the Future series and a send-off to Ratchet and Clank's games on the PS3. Besides, there's always challenge mode available, if you're wanting to pump a few more hours into it.

Judging by Insomniac's track record with Ratchet and Clank games this past generation, they haven't really released much DLC for the games(aside from some multiplayer DLC packs for Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force and some early unlock pre-order bonuses for weapons and upgrades, which you could get in the game anyway.) But beyond those, pretty much nothing else. I honestly think it's a good thing, as I hate having to wait for a GOTY/complete edition just to play a game I like, in the way it was always intended to be played.

So I wouldn't count on seeing any future DLC for Into the Nexus at any point in the foreseeable future. And this is coming from someone who's followed the series since 2002 on the PS2, so I know what I'm talking about

Last edited by Ceamonks890; 03-12-13 at 20:57.
Ceamonks890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:10   #3
fondantcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
I've bought Into the Nexus(but won't be able to play it until Xmas.)

Personally, while watching a walkthrough of the game in order to keep myself excited for it, I thought the length of Nexus overall was fine. As it's only meant to be a quick epilogue to the Future series and a send-off to Ratchet and Clank's games on the PS3. Besides, there's always challenge mode available, if you're wanting to pump a few more hours into it.

Judging by Insomniac's track record with Ratchet and Clank games this past generation, they haven't really released much DLC for the games(aside from some multiplayer DLC packs for Full Frontal Assault/Q-Force and some early unlock pre-order bonuses for weapons and upgrades, which you could get in the game anyway.) But beyond those, pretty much nothing else. I honestly think it's a good thing, as I hate having to wait for a GOTY/complete edition just to play a game I like, in the way it was always intended to be played.

So I wouldn't count on seeing any future DLC for Into the Nexus at any point in the foreseeable future. And this is coming from someone who's followed the series since 2002 on the PS2, so I know what I'm talking about
Hiya Ceamonks890, cheers for the reply...

Glad you bought Nexus, you're sure in for a fun ride. As i said it's a really enjoyable game, but it just seems to come to an end as it start's getting exciting. I dunno...a few extra planets would've gone down a treat, and there's no grinding or swimming (also absent in A Crack In Time), but I see what you mean about it being a budget title just to round off the future series...

I've been playing R&C myself since the first title on PS2. Am 29 now and still love each and every R&C game. Get ripped a bit for playing a "kids" game...but i think it's pretty challenging on the harder difficulties and on challenge mode... :-)

I know the prospect of DLC doesn't look promising...but i've got my fingers crossed. One of the loading screens really suggests that something more was meant to happen in the game, and that it was possibly cut out.... Hmmm.

Anyways...as I said, good game, and I DO enjoy it. Here's hoping they do something spectacular on the PS4

Oh, and does anyone know about BEFORE the Nexus, the mobile free runner that was meant to be released before the actual Nexus game? Hahaha... I'm in dire need of raritarium to upgrade my weapons haha

P.S Won't watching a walkthrough kind of ruin the game when you actually play it?
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote