Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 01-11-15, 22:36   #1
Boobandie

Default Is there a way to extract animations from TRL?

Is there a way to extract animations from Tomb Raider Legend? I figure once they're working in blender or something they could be ported to the TRLE.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-15, 12:23   #2
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Is there a way to extract animations from Tomb Raider Legend? I figure once they're working in blender or something they could be ported to the TRLE.
Nope, I've been looking at the animations in my spare time. Though I can read the files into my engine, it's converting the data into something usable. The format is very complex and unknown at this point.

I highly doubt it'd be possible to port them into TRLE due to animation system differences.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 12:03   #3
Boobandie

I mean if you had like... the running animation of the trl model in blender you could overlay the trle model and match it to the TRL animation frame by frame. Thats how I would port it at least.
Old 09-03-17, 20:57   #4
Boobandie

Bumping this because it's been a couple of years. Has anyone made progress decoding Legend/Anniversary's animation structure?

Was just thinking it would be cool to have them, possibly to use on a Legend model in UE4.
Old 09-03-17, 21:10   #5
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobandie View Post
Bumping this because it's been a couple of years. Has anyone made progress decoding Legend/Anniversary's animation structure?

Was just thinking it would be cool to have them, possibly to use on a Legend model in UE4.
I don't believe all the required data is stored just in the animation file. It's possible there's anim bone remap tables for each animation (probably in dtpdata files).
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote