Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 19-03-17, 00:59   #41
Wooxman

Wow, that's amazing! I'd never thought that one day I'd see DE Lara modded into the PC version! Even if Lara will be the only thing you'll transfer into the PC version, I'll be eternally thankful since IMO DE Lara looks far better and more Lara-like than the first TR2013 Lara!

Is it only possible to convert meshes and textures or also new engine features like the physics effects on Lara's gear and the improved lighting and shadows of the DE?
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 04:07   #42
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post
Do you have any plans to one day enable the unused ceremonial outfit for multiplayer Sam and adding in the PS4 Lara multiplayer model?
How do you know that they planned to include that costume in the multiplayer?

It would have been great if you could have picked different outfits for the characters.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 18:56   #43
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
They definitely said that they were using sub-surface scattering on Lara and her skin shader looks very different from what it looks like in the other versions (or from the NPCs' skin shaders). Maybe it's an inaccurate/cheap implementation of SSS and that's why it looks a bit strange to you?
Yeah. They did say SSS is used. However it doesn't look like real SSS. Rise clearly has SSS. If you compare the games you will notice trde Lara looks like a tomato rise Lara does not and there is clear real SSS as you can see the light penetrations on Lara's skin changing the colour etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Wow, that's amazing! I'd never thought that one day I'd see DE Lara modded into the PC version! Even if Lara will be the only thing you'll transfer into the PC version, I'll be eternally thankful since IMO DE Lara looks far better and more Lara-like than the first TR2013 Lara!

Is it only possible to convert meshes and textures or also new engine features like the physics effects on Lara's gear and the improved lighting and shadows of the DE?

I can't comment on any physics enhancements which may be possible. Too much is unknown about the engine used unfortunately. It might be the simple case of adding new physics components sections but I don't know if that will work at this point in time. Since trde Lara's skeleton is the same as the PC skeleton I doubt the axe will react the same physically if I get the physics components imported. This is because there's extra bones in Lara's skeleton that influence the movement of Lara's gear etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
How do you know that they planned to include that costume in the multiplayer?

It would have been great if you could have picked different outfits for the characters.
I disclosed information about an unused outfit I found ages ago Samantha ceremonial is not a part of this specific project and is irrelevant to the conversion of definitive edition assets to PC. New findings mean if the PS4 ceremonial model is in the PS4 version then yes. The same technique can be used to bring that model over to the pc version. Alternatively, it should be possible to do a game code level patch to replace Samantha's current outfit I'm the multi-player with the ceremonial outfit. It should be possible to use Aman's biggie tools to inject a hex edited ceremonial Samantha mesh section over the current outfit.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-17, 13:59   #44
o0Crofty0o

This is so cool! Great work
Good reason to replay the game^^
o0Crofty0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-17, 18:30   #45
GFY2013

So how is this project going? Not to rush you or anything.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-17, 06:53   #46
Leon_Kennedy

Sorry Double post

Last edited by Leon_Kennedy; 21-05-17 at 06:58.
Leon_Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-17, 06:56   #47
Leon_Kennedy

Hey Ghostblade, Why don't you release this mod as it is until you complete it for us who are eagerly waiting for it?
Leon_Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 18:21   #48
Gh0stBlade

Hey everyone! Apologies for the two month delay here, studies unfortunately got in the way of this project and I had to pause development but it is not cancelled.

I would like to confirm that the rig is now finalised. All skinning bugs around Lara's eyes/eye lids are now fixed. I will be transferring the new skeleton over to the rest of Lara's models and building a new version of the mod to do a quick play-through and map out any final texture/material bugs.

For now, enjoy some more screenshots I added to the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Kennedy View Post
Hey Ghostblade, Why don't you release this mod as it is until you complete it for us who are eagerly waiting for it?
Hi there, at this point in time I have no plans to release an early version of this mod. There's lots of bugs and to prevent confusion between which is the latest version etc. I'd rather just release the final, finished mod and not a half baked work in progress version.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 20:14   #49
GFY2013

Awesome, glad you're back! Can't wait!
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-17, 22:05   #50
Gian Carlo

Wow, she looks so much better
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote