Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 10-03-13, 22:08   #11
snipe

My old post was taken down because the place I learned to mod for this game from had nude mods. Any way I have pretty much figured out how to mod this game, and here is some of my texmod work on the game:

Eyes:
Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple, and for high and normal brown ultra.
https://mega.co.nz/#!bggQwJJA!fAZkRX...QvhuTngV8J36wA

Hair:
part 1 Black, Blonde, Blueblack:http://www.mediafire.com/?yk7eeucjzune52i
part 2 Ginger, Golden, LightBrown: http://www.mediafire.com/?sibvvgisqtd7fev
part 3 Grey, Scarlet, Strawberry Blonde:http://www.mediafire.com/?7b007lxnav4a8bh

The hair mod tpf files are big because each one replaces the hair color on settings normal through ultra, this means that you only need 1 tpf file for all those texture settings. This is just something I thought up, but it ultimately made each tpf file a little big, this does not effect your game-play though so don't worry. The eyes on the other hand each have a tpf file for the designated texture setting.

Last edited by snipe; 21-04-13 at 17:08.
snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-13, 22:55   #12
CrimsonThrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by memeo96 View Post
It is official face texture extracted from the game .. I just do not know how to put it into the game ... Will I lose the tresfx hair option with your method ?
TressFx is an element of directx11 so yeah, making TR dx9 you'll lose it.
To put a texture bck into the game you have to package the texture. To do this, Click on package build and then go down to the folder icon of def file and select "Texmod.def or Texmod.log"

which should index the textures you extracted then click Build and it should make a .Tpf file which is your mod then click on package mod and select your mod and then click Run.
CrimsonThrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 19:19   #13
Mytly

I have stuck this thread. Please use it as the main thread for all your TR (2013) modding related discussion, queries, suggestions, etc. and for showcasing your mods.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 20:11   #14
Tonyrobinson

I have been waiting for this thread to appear I love browsing through all the mods!
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 21:48   #15
Zolee

I wonder why there aren't any mods yet. Everyone is busy with playing the game :P Can't wait to see some classic or aod Lara mod =D
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-13, 23:33   #16
SailorTaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolee View Post
I wonder why there aren't any mods yet. Everyone is busy with playing the game :P Can't wait to see some classic or aod Lara mod =D
That'll be very difficult, as there are currently no in-game outfits that match the shape of the classic or AOD outfit (unless you're thinking of one of the AOD outfits that had trousers). I think the most that you can hope for right now when it comes to a classic outfit is perhaps a classic recolour, simply changing her pink vest into a teal/blue colour (similar to the Classic Underworld mod, based off the concept art outfit that ended up being used in The Guardian Of Light).

Last edited by SailorTaurus; 11-03-13 at 23:35.
SailorTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 13:14   #17
CrimsonThrall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytly View Post
I have stuck this thread. Please use it as the main thread for all your TR (2013) modding related discussion, queries, suggestions, etc. and for showcasing your mods.
Thank you.
CrimsonThrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 13:37   #18
simrubiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by memeo96 View Post
Hi
I have retextured Lara's face :

Am I able to put this texture into the game or change the original texture ? Please help me cause I don't know how . I tried texMod, but it failed.
WoW ...this is beautiful...It would be nice if we could put it in the game

Last edited by simrubiana; 12-03-13 at 13:38.
simrubiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-13, 14:39   #19
AdenClements
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorTaurus View Post
That'll be very difficult, as there are currently no in-game outfits that match the shape of the classic or AOD outfit (unless you're thinking of one of the AOD outfits that had trousers). I think the most that you can hope for right now when it comes to a classic outfit is perhaps a classic recolour, simply changing her pink vest into a teal/blue colour (similar to the Classic Underworld mod, based off the concept art outfit that ended up being used in The Guardian Of Light).
There's also bump-maps to be considered and tessellation (Although to be honest I'm not sure how directly the latter would conflict)
Bump-maps would cause any reshaping of the outfit (I.e. AODs high-collared crop-top) to look strange unless they were edited as well.

Another thing being that this new Lara's shirt isn't tucked in and has a 3D u-neck, so that would stop AOD's outfits from being possible... I guess we'll just have to wait for more DLC outfits if we want classic themed clothing
AdenClements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-13, 08:57   #20
mrigo2005

hi can anyone modding the hair as in the crossroads trailer
who needs already tress fx hair...
these hair are enough and beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adiFfdbXBfs
mrigo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote