Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 11-12-14, 19:29   #11
FearEffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasKennedy View Post
Well, I'm going to do Lara, but not the others.

I know someone else is gonna do Isis, but I don't know who's gonna do Carter and Horus.
[IMG]http://www.************/images/smilies/oh.gif[/IMG] I'll try myself then.

But well, If someone can extract the characters with vertex groups, not gonna say no. Maybe Dusan can try something ?
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 19:33   #12
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
Maybe Dusan can try something ?
Dusan no longer exist here
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-14, 19:41   #13
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
[IMG]http://www.************/images/smilies/oh.gif[/IMG] I'll try myself then.

But well, If someone can extract the characters with vertex groups, not gonna say no. Maybe Dusan can try something ?
I can extract all character models perfectly fine. My code is pretty much *done* I just need to figure out how to get the textures as the format is not the same as the last games to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Dusan no longer exist here
I think he's busy unfortunately. Can't remember the ins and outs be has has done an excellent job on his tools!

Edit: There's also the fact I don't think there's a fully working extractor yet.

======================

Edit 2: Looks like the texture formats aren't so different after all. Guess I was just reading things incorrectly.

Lara and Carter

Isis and Horace

Well that's progress I guess. Fixed a small thing with the textures coming out mis-placed... There are some untextured sub meshes due to unknown texture formats which is still being looked into.

Regards.

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 12-12-14 at 02:45.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-14, 09:45   #14
FearEffect

BTW, it's Horus

So, now, what's the next step ?
Old 12-12-14, 16:08   #15
Gh0stBlade

Quote:

BTW, it's Horus

So, now, what's the next step ?
You're correct, it is indeed Horus. I thought this too until I took a look at the filename which is "lc2_costume_horace_default.drm". I'm guessing it's just a typing error as the in-game name definitely is "Horus".

I would also like to warn users to not disable the clothing meshes on two specific characters. #BeyondTwoSouls

Taking a look at the rest of the textures/skeleton is my last thing I guess...

Regards.
Old 12-12-14, 16:20   #16
FearEffect

^

Yeah, when I extracted Horus, and I was surprised to see that the body was C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E , I suppose Isis is, too. It's like, a body base model from DAZ. The good thing about it, is that it's perfect for mesh-moders. But well, the only thing I want to change of Horus is the face, he looks so different than the Cover Artwork. I hate when it's different, like CGI Ezio from Revelations, CGI Lara from TR2013.

Lara's body and face if perfect, not gonna touch her ! They did a great job with the LCTOO models. It's just... to bad there are no cutscenes, I suppose we'll have to rig the faces.
Old 12-12-14, 18:10   #17
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
^

Yeah, when I extracted Horus, and I was surprised to see that the body was C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E , I suppose Isis is, too. It's like, a body base model from DAZ. The good thing about it, is that it's perfect for mesh-moders. But well, the only thing I want to change of Horus is the face, he looks so different than the Cover Artwork. I hate when it's different, like CGI Ezio from Revelations, CGI Lara from TR2013.

Lara's body and face if perfect, not gonna touch her ! They did a great job with the LCTOO models. It's just... to bad there are no cutscenes, I suppose we'll have to rig the faces.
I don't like Lara's face that much as well... I'm hoping someone changes it in a mod or something. I quite like the rest but it's a shame they're not that close to the key art as you explained. Lara's face looked great there too!

#####################

The Noesis importer script is now available for download. PLEASE report any bugs/issues.

Edit: Location of the skeleton is unknown. If someone manages to locate where they're stored please let me know!

Regards.

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 12-12-14 at 18:12.
Old 12-12-14, 18:34   #18
FearEffect

^

Actually I do think her face is great in-game, because it's a remake version of Underworld ( classic Lara ) the artwork Lara is Reboot Lara, I think they decided to use Lara's old face because of that.

By the way, could you upload the models, I mean, Lara, Bell, Isis and Horus ? Probably someone will rig the models and It would be great to start something like a Recap thread about LCTOO 3D models. Characters and objects, maybe.
Old 12-12-14, 19:12   #19
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
^

Actually I do think her face is great in-game, because it's a remake version of Underworld ( classic Lara ) the artwork Lara is Reboot Lara, I think they decided to use Lara's old face because of that.
Yes, I'm not sure why they used Reboot Lara for some of the art. Those ones in question looked amazing. I felt it did suit Reboot Lara having a classic style costume. But to keep the consistency between the Lara Croft/Tomb Raider games it would be best for them to keep the Underworld-like Lara model.

Quote:
By the way, could you upload the models, I mean, Lara, Bell, Isis and Horus ? Probably someone will rig the models and It would be great to start something like a Recap thread about LCTOO 3D models. Characters and objects, maybe.
This is my first time posting something around this "area." Subsequently, i'm not sure whether it's allowed to share the assets on this forum. Seeing as it's part of a game that has just been released. The tools are provided for those who own the game and for their own use. At the moment there is a work in progress unpacker but it's not been made available online. There haven't been any updates on that. Once it is complete extraction of the models will be very easy.

Regards.
Old 12-12-14, 19:27   #20
FearEffect

^

I think it is, Dusan released all the GOL models for XNA when the games came out