Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 14-12-14, 16:19   #21
Gh0stBlade

Hey guys!

A few days have passed and still... there's no public unpacker. Subsequently, I'm in the process of writing my own unpacker. It's quite stable but it's lacking the filenames (very important or we don't know what file is what). I currently have to do a full playthrough of Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris to dump the filenames whilst the game is running. I managed to locate the function that generates the hashes so every time it's called I can just *pinch* the string it's hashing and store it I'm about half way through the game and hope that I can complete the rest of the game today.

Because there is no public unpacker, I have decided to post the model files that I have at hand for the main characters. Keep in mind there are some missing diffuse textures and these do not include the bump maps, specular or normal maps etc (only diffuse). These are in cdcEngine NATIVE formats and will still need to be opened in Noesis then exported.

Perhaps the missing diffuse textures can be dumped from the game itself whilst it's running... Only Carter has all the textures present, Lara and Horus are missinng the eyes. That is due to one texture format still remaining unknown... Isis probably has parts of her eye lids missing (I don't recall if the texture is missing or not so it might be there).

It takes a long time to locate all the textures and place them correctly so I don't think I have the time to do anymore searching for other models but these are the main ones.

I have also figured out the hashes for multiple vertex components Some of the TOO models have vertex colours and I should look into getting that implemented.

Download:
LCTOO Models

I hope this helps..
Regards.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 16:41   #22
Cloudi5

Thanks for the models! They look amazing!

If anyone else has a problem with script while exporting Lara's mesh, change iMmeshUV2Pos in 212 line to iMeshUV2Pos. It's a small typo there
Cloudi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 16:51   #23
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudi5 View Post
Thanks for the models! They look amazing!

If anyone else has a problem with script while exporting Lara's mesh, change iMmeshUV2Pos in 212 line to iMeshUV2Pos. It's a small typo there
Haha great find! I fixed this issue last night but I didn't think it affected the main script I had posted prior.

Anyway I've updated the script and the lastest one is available with some more features. It should have skin weights and skin indices supported. But the problem is the skeleton is still missing

Someone could try the skeleton from TRU or TR2013, it may still work...

Regards.
Old 14-12-14, 16:56   #24
XNAaraL

Thumbs up XNALara/XPS -- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Thread is linked in the XNALara "Links to XNALara Modding Tutorials - 3D models and more" thread.

Additional converter
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris extractor ... still a WIP written by Gh0stBlade

No, I am not back For Dummies, I am the dummy

Last edited by XNAaraL; 14-12-14 at 16:57.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 18:04   #25
irishhips

Made a render test

irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 18:08   #26
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishhips View Post
Made a render test

[IMG][/IMG]
Oh my god that is perfect

I need this as my wallpaper. What did you use to render it?

Regards.
Old 14-12-14, 18:12   #27
FearEffect

Hi.

I don't understand how this works, I tried to put the .py file into the script file of Blenbder 2.49, also 2.7 but it doesn't work. Could someone extract the model as obj ?
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 18:15   #28
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
Hi.

I don't understand how this works, I tried to put the .py file into the script file of Blenbder 2.49, also 2.7 but it doesn't work. Could someone extract the model as obj ?
It is a plugin for Noesis not blender.
Old 14-12-14, 18:20   #29
irishhips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Oh my god that is perfect

I need this as my wallpaper. What did you use to render it?

Regards.
I used 3D Max
irishhips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-14, 18:31   #30
FearEffect

Oh sorry, I thought the .py file was the importer for blender, well thanks I'll check later.
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote