Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 25-12-16, 23:05   #81
sackboy123

I don't think TRitem is compatible with TR4
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-17, 02:15   #82
Acacea

Old computer is working again. Time to get working.
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-17, 13:11   #83
Acacea

I'm remaking my AoD pack for Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. Here's what I've been planning.

- AoD Sounds, which may not appear in the final version, due to lack of tools

-Horus-Goddess' BEAUTIFUL AoD shorts outfit. The glasses may be removed.

- AoD weapons if they will be under the vertex limit.

- AoD Animations as follows:

Sprint Jump (replacing the useless roll)

Run

Walk

Dive

Underwater roll

Corner grab

I will probably add HD medpacks and Werner's Notebook as the Load and Save game icons.

I still need a tool to edit sounds in .tr4 files if I'm ever going to add sounds.
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-23, 17:05   #84
Voltnatrix

Sorry if I'm a bit slow but I'm tryin to mod the angkor wat level. It doesn't exist for the TRLE and I've seen someone managed to replace young lara with adult lara on a modding forum. I'm simply trying to change the outfit lara's wearing but I'm quite bamboozled on what to do. Any advice ?
Voltnatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-23, 02:35   #85
mizuno_suisei

When copying outfits between tr4 and tr5 level files - copy everything Lara related except the LARA slot itself. This is a dummy slot for her animations messing with this can be catastrophic. LARA_SKIN and SKIN JOINTS are her actual body parts.

Even so, sadly editing tr4 levels this way using fexmerger/trviewer is a mixed bag of fun in its result. E.g. trapdoors stop working. Indeed your guess is right if Angkor Wat was TRLE compatible it would be much much easier
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-23, 09:24   #86
speedwagen

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or knowledge of how the texture sheets function.
Then is an ongoing project to have the classic TR games to work in RTX remix using openlara.
The games boot! But there is a slight issue. RTX remix will pull a hashed version of the texture that it can see in the scene, for example if it can detect a wall texture it will create a hashed .dds file for that texture to use in the modded scene.
Now the issue is that TR uses texture sheets. which means that the wall texture is also the water texture and an object texture. This causes problems because I need to assign a tag to a texture to tell RTX remix that this fire is also a light.
Is there a way to split a texture sheet up? or a way to tell the game that this sheet is for just walls, for example?
speedwagen is offline   Reply With Quote