Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 10-03-17, 17:35   #1
Gh0stBlade

Default [PC] Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition - Asset Conversion from PS4 to PC

Hi Tomb Raider Fans,

I am delighted to inform you that upon acquiring the files for Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4), it has now come to my attention that converting some files to run under the PC engine is now possible. This thread will detail my progress on importing Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition assets from PS4, to the PC engine.

Status update: 03/07/2017 - Release target missed.

(List below is subject to change)
Conversion State [100%]:

cine_v1_lara - [100%]:
  1. Textures: Done.
  2. Mesh Materials: Done.
  3. Skeleton: Done.
  4. Finalised Rig: Done.
CDRM tool crash during asset conversion must be investigated

cine_v2_lara - [100%]:

cine_v4_lara - [100%]:

cine_v5_lara - [100%]:

v1_lara - [100%]:

v2_lara - [100%]:

v4_lara - [100%]:

v5_lara - [100%]:

Won't fix:
  1. Lara's standard hair materials are incorrectly lit. (Improved but not 100% perfect.)
  2. cine_v1_lara will not be Lara's Definitive Edition Model. This is due to a bug with the bigfile inject tools where injecting files into title.000.tiger isn't supported resulting in a crash.
  3. Only Lara's original outfit will be brought over, this is due to a bug with the bigfile inject tools where injecting files into DLC tiger archives isn't supported resulting in a crash.
  4. v4_lara incorrect bandage texture. (Removed, also not in Definitive Edition because the texture simply doesn't exist or the UVs weren't updated by the artists).

Fixed Bugs:
  1. v1_lara bad watch face texture.
  2. Bug where conversion tool would select incorrect bone to weight Lara's eyes to during weight transfer. Transfer is now 1:1
  3. Conversion tool has minor bug which results in one vertex not being weighted to the correct bone.
  4. Fixed bug in conversion tool related to vertex layouts.
  5. cine_v5_lara's bad eye lid texture now solved.
  6. Lara's meshes now how tessellation vertex attributed nulled (Definitive Edition Lara model does not have tessellation applied).
  7. Fixed bug where v2_lara's pistol hostler would be invisible during certain parts of the game.
  8. Fixed bug where v5_lara's standard hair meshes were incorrectly textured/rendered outside of Tress FX mode.
  9. Fixed bug where v4_lara wasn't correctly injecting into the Bigfile.
  10. Fixed bug where v5_lara's skeleton wasn't updated resulting in rare animation bugs.
  11. Fixed bug where the material for v2_lara/cine_v2_lara's watch was incorrect.
  12. Fixed bug where the material for v2_lara bandage was incorrect.
  13. Fixed bug where v4_lara's hand had the wrong texture applied.
  14. Fixed bugs where the bones around Lara's eyes weren't correctly updated resulting in severe derpy eye bugs.

Videos:

Exclusive Screenshots:

New!

Download:
DO NOT DIRECT LINK THESE DOWNLOAD LINKS, PROVIDE A LINK TO THE THREAD INSTEAD
Only compatible with v1.01.748.0

Pre-rendered 1080p movies Download

Definitive Edition Lara with console TressFX Download
Definitive Edition Lara with PC original TressFX Download

To install, extract the files to your Tomb Raider folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider\)

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 11-07-17 at 14:21.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 18:17   #2
GRiannisRaider

GhostBlade it is incredible ! What are you anyway !?
So there is 5 models of lara croft right ? And what about the other characters of the DE version ?
Off topic Are we able to make lara's hair as it was in the alpha ?
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 19:02   #3
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiannisRaider View Post
GhostBlade it is incredible ! What are you anyway !?
So there is 5 models of lara croft right ? And what about the other characters of the DE version ?
Off topic Are we able to make lara's hair as it was in the alpha ?
Yes, 5 models for Lara, list is subject to change since it does not include additional outfits etc. There is also a corresponding cutscene model for each variant of Lara.

At the moment, the mod is focused around moving over the Lara models from PS4 to PC. There were some slight changes to other characters i.e Mathias has hair in the Definitive Edition IIRC. Some of Lara's gear is higher poly, so are some enemies and NPCs (IMO looks like someone just pressed the mesh smooth button).

Make Lara's hair as it was in the alpha version? I'm going to say it's possible. Not enough is known about the animation or physics engine to confirm anything yet. There is a tool made by Aman that should allow someone to bring over Lara's multiplayer model into the campaign. Note: Lara's MP model has two lods, one is HQ, the other is very low. I believe the lowest lod is used in-game.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 19:23   #4
NoahCrofRaider

I just saw your videos and your work so far is impressive! Great job!
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-17, 20:55   #5
GFY2013

WOW!!! Keep up the good work!! Cant wait, I might need to install TR2013 again..
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 00:36   #6
AimlessThunder

Will you also add the extra folliage and effects?

Nixxes/Crystal should have really patched the PC version with content from the PS4 version .

Last edited by AimlessThunder; 11-03-17 at 00:37.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 03:47   #7
Lyle Croft

I'm not sure what, but you fixed the rig right? Her animations look so much better than the console definitive edition. She looks soo close to her cgi face.

I'm so excited now!!!!!!

I'm not sure if it's cause I played the xbone definitive edition, but it looks like tress fx moves better now!

Keep it up!!!!

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 11-03-17 at 03:49.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 03:49   #8
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I'm not sure what, but you fixed the rig right? Her animations look so much better than the console definitive edition. She looks soo close to her cgi face.

I'm so excited now!!!!!!
It's the hair tbh xD
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 05:41   #9
IncultaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
Yes, 5 models for Lara, list is subject to change since it does not include additional outfits etc. There is also a corresponding cutscene model for each variant of Lara.

At the moment, the mod is focused around moving over the Lara models from PS4 to PC. There were some slight changes to other characters i.e Mathias has hair in the Definitive Edition IIRC. Some of Lara's gear is higher poly, so are some enemies and NPCs (IMO looks like someone just pressed the mesh smooth button).

Make Lara's hair as it was in the alpha version? I'm going to say it's possible. Not enough is known about the animation or physics engine to confirm anything yet. There is a tool made by Aman that should allow someone to bring over Lara's multiplayer model into the campaign. Note: Lara's MP model has two lods, one is HQ, the other is very low. I believe the lowest lod is used in-game.

Cheers.

They both use the same hair, except the multiplayer variant has the physics disabled/removed.
IncultaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 11:17   #10
GRiannisRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post

Cheers.
Hmm Is the cutscene model diffrent from the gameplay model? I'm confused I thought that it was the same model

But in the multiplayer model we have only one ponytail and If i'm right The alpha model used 3 ponytails at the same time ... Are we able to put 3 ponytails ? Because I have seen that lara's current hair have something similar... take a look at this :

So are we able to put 3 different hair to make it look like the alpha version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncultaWolf View Post

They both use the same hair, except the multiplayer variant has the physics disabled/removed.
I don't think it is the same but it looks very similar !
GRiannisRaider is offline   Reply With Quote