Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 11-03-17, 11:56   #11
Alex Fly
Inactive

Impressive work there !
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 17:40   #12
ivaneiroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
I'm not sure what, but you fixed the rig right? Her animations look so much better than the console definitive edition. She looks soo close to her cgi face.

I'm so excited now!!!!!!

I'm not sure if it's cause I played the xbone definitive edition, but it looks like tress fx moves better now!

Keep it up!!!!
looks exactly the same to me (which is not a bad thing) it isnt perfect but i liked it when i played on Ps4.
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 18:48   #13
Lyle Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivaneiroX View Post
looks exactly the same to me (which is not a bad thing) it isnt perfect but i liked it when i played on Ps4.
Idk. Something seems a bit different with her facial movement. Idk if im just seeing things. Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
It's the hair tbh xD
I know the hair has a bunch of more strands but hmmm

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 11-03-17 at 18:49.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 19:02   #14
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Idk. Something seems a bit different with her facial movement. Idk if im just seeing things. Hmm

I know the hair has a bunch of more strands but hmmm
You are correct. Lara's face weights aren't 1:1 with the original PS4/XB1 Definitive Edition Lara. Though it's close, some expressions may look off and Lara less recognisable as being the same PS4/XB1 model. In some cutscenes, direct comparions show clear differences with Lara's face expressions. This is unfortunately a problem I intend to improve, but there is no real way to solve this 100% as the PS4/XB1 Lara face bone structure is not the same as the original Lara.

TressFX on consoles isn't the same as PC, it moves more. I noticed that when I moved the PS4 TressFX hair mesh over to PC (only shown in one video) the shape/movement isn't the same either when compared to PS4/XB1.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 21:39   #15
ivaneiroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post

TressFX on consoles isn't the same as PC, it moves more. I noticed that when I moved the PS4 TressFX hair mesh over to PC (only shown in one video) the shape/movement isn't the same either when compared to PS4/XB1.

Cheers.
i believe they went with CGI hair shape for console DE.
ivaneiroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-17, 22:41   #16
Lyle Croft

Quote:
You are correct. Lara's face weights aren't 1:1 with the original PS4/XB1 Definitive Edition Lara. Though it's close, some expressions may look off and Lara less recognisable as being the same PS4/XB1 model. In some cutscenes, direct comparions show clear differences with Lara's face expressions. This is unfortunately a problem I intend to improve, but there is no real way to solve this 100% as the PS4/XB1 Lara face bone structure is not the same as the original Lara.

Cheers.
I see. Thank you! And i think her facial movements look better in the model you imported. They look more natural for some reason.

I am curious though, would it be possible to implement the definitive edition subsurface scattering? Hmm

Keep it up! I love all these things you show

Last edited by Lyle Croft; 11-03-17 at 22:43.
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 12:27   #17
GFY2013

Hmm, I wonder after it's done can you import the model into XPS/XNA? Imagine beautiful renders with DE Lara. *internal screaming*
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 13:53   #18
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Hmm, I wonder after it's done can you import the model into XPS/XNA? Imagine beautiful renders with DE Lara. *internal screaming*
Someone else can do that, I'm a Programmer not an artist Once the files are released the same PC extraction tools will work to pull out this version of the Definitive Edition's Lara.

Quote:
I see. Thank you! And i think her facial movements look better in the model you imported. They look more natural for some reason.

I am curious though, would it be possible to implement the definitive edition subsurface scattering? Hmm

Keep it up! I love all these things you show
Sub surface scattering is supported by the PC engine. However, a shader will be required to make use of the functionality. Since all shaders are compiled, it's not feasible to convert them due to GPU architecture differences.

Cheers
Old 12-03-17, 14:04   #19
AimlessThunder

Quote:
Someone else can do that, I'm a Programmer not an artist Once the files are released the same PC extraction tools will work to pull out this version of the Definitive Edition's Lara.

Sub surface scattering is supported by the PC engine. However, a shader will be required to make use of the functionality. Since all shaders are compiled, it's not feasible to convert them due to GPU architecture differences.

Cheers
Will you also update other things like plants, enemies other characters and textures or just Lara?
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-17, 14:14   #20
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
Will you also update other things like plants, enemies other characters and textures or just Lara?
Good question, I don't think there's any point bringing over all other 3D models plus textures. Unfortunately, there is no 1 click process. Lots of manual work is involved, it can take approx 1-2 hours to correctly update the textures and mesh materials for a single Lara model consisting of 50-60 pieces.

I did take a look at the deer, the model is higher poly though it looks like mesh smooth was used. This is the only model I've seen so far other than Lara that has been changed (I haven't looked at many).

At this point in time, I can't think of any other NPC models that were changed other than Mathias.

Cheers.