Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 17-03-17, 21:04   #1
Acacea

Default Metasequoia Help

So, Horus-Goddess' AoD Lara Shorts outfit cannot be imported into TR4 since of the sunglasses. So, when I removed them in metaseq, and imported it into my wad in StrPix, it was completely white, and also was much, much smaller than the original mesh.

Can someone take the head mesh and remove the glasses at correct size and textures? :s
Acacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 11:39   #2
Titak

Does Pixstr export meshes in dxf format?
If so, then that is the cause for the textures having disappeared.

MQO format does keep the textures, but I do not know if that is supported by Pixstr. I guess not...

As for the size, and the files indeed being dxf, this has to do with the import and export values.
Thsi tutorial lists the values I used to use when using dxf: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79223
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 12:20   #3
XNAaraL

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Does Pixstr export meshes in dxf format?
If so, then that is the cause for the textures having disappeared.

MQO format does keep the textures, but I do not know if that is supported by Pixstr. I guess not...

As for the size, and the files indeed being dxf, this has to do with the import and export values.
Thsi tutorial lists the values I used to use when using dxf: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79223
Strpix is a Tool for editing WADs. You can Import/export *.dxf objects.
Strpix's DXF will keep the texture info for each faces using the layers names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acacea View Post
So, Horus-Goddess' AoD Lara Shorts outfit cannot be imported into TR4 since of the sunglasses. So, when I removed them in metaseq, and imported it into my wad in StrPix, it was completely white, and also was much, much smaller than the original mesh.

Can someone take the head mesh and remove the glasses at correct size and textures? :s
Note: Well, maybe you already noted that in TR4 and WAD files
the units are 1000/1 mean that a square is realy stored 1024x1024x1024, but
this dimensions are huge for handle in CAD and in strpix3 so it re-scale all
dimension to 100/1, when DXF is exported.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 13:52   #4
Sardoc

There is a tool which converts between dxf and mqo, developed by Sapper. It will keep the textures mapped and the correct size. Here it is. DXF <--> MQO converter
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 15:57   #5
Acacea

I also tried using StrPix and exported a head mesh, and then exported the textures for Mesh #27 (LARA SKIN head).

However, when putting it into a different level, it says the .bmp is too small. ;_;
Old 19-03-17, 16:41   #6
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Strpix is a Tool for editing WADs. You can Import/export *.dxf objects.
Strpix's DXF will keep the texture info for each faces using the layers names.
I know about STRPix, I use it all the time when building my levels.

STRPix can also export/import MQO files which keep the textures intact on the mesh after importing back into the wad.
That's why I wondered if Pixstr can also do this these days.
I guess not then.

DXF files have not been able to keep the texturing intact, at least, the meshes I imported were always white after importing them back into the wad with STRPix. There might be some code which keeps the texture info embedded in the dxf file, but STRPix was not able to read it or something.
This is the reason sapper added the MQO export/import feature to STRPix.

That converter tool Sardoc mentioned could come in handy for this.
Have you tried that program, Acacea?
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-17, 18:53   #7
Acacea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post

That converter tool Sardoc mentioned could come in handy for this.
Have you tried that program, Acacea?
Yes, I have tried the programs. Both of them, actually. However, the textures are always in the wrong place. Even when exporting a different mesh and then inserting it.
Old 28-03-17, 20:58   #8
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

I use 3D meta with Pixstr all the time and tend to use DXF format, as that's all it gives, which does not carry through the textures, and even Strpix messes up with textures somewhat.

Hence I just put the textures back in manually with Pixstr or Strpix.

QUOTE....
"Note: Well, maybe you already noted that in TR4 and WAD files, the units are 1000/1 mean that a square is really stored 1024x1024x1024, but this dimensions are huge for handle in CAD and in strpix3 so it re-scale all dimension to 100/1, when DXF is exported".

I was interested reading that someone else is noticing the scaling factor, as Tomb raider characters like Lara meshes and baddies meshes and static meshes are a lot bigger than the TR model room meshes (TR1 to TRC), when converted and put in 3D meta. ....

My solution is to scale all these meshes bigger or smaller using the scale tool in 3D meta. This way i can make barrel meshes into building meshes if I want, etc. Note that re-texturing has to be done again, there does not seem an easy way out of this.

I have been asked many times for 3D meta help, and the following link is my writeup, which may help a few readers new to 3D meta, to understand it, and its use in the Tomb Raider virtual world.....

Cheers Chi

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217047
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote