Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 03-01-09, 12:56   #1
Hermina94

Default How to use cheats?

I finished TRA,unlocked a few cheats,but I dont know how to use them.Any help?
Hermina94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 13:00   #2
TombRaiderCool

Arrow

Hi there.
You need to beat time trial to unlock the rest of the secrets, here is the list.
TombRaiderCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 13:04   #3
Hermina94

tnx,but how do I activate the cheats?
Old 03-01-09, 13:08   #4
TombRaiderCool

Arrow

You can view them by selecting Rewards from the Main Menu, then into Cheats. Then once you have unlocked them, you can active and deactivate them.
TombRaiderCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 19:55   #5
Ashnod

As far as the 360 version goes, and I assume it will work this way for the others, once you're in a level, go to the in-game menu, select options, then cheats. toggle the cheat you want on or off, then hit accept. Back out of the menu and they are now active.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 07:51   #6
Aranara

And on PC is the same thing.
Aranara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-09, 14:37   #7
Hermina94

Tnx,I finaly understand it.
Old 07-01-09, 14:42   #8
dinahcat

PS2 is the same...you press START and select "cheats" and then activate the ones you want to use.

A word on these, though...some of them are extremely helpful (unlimited ammo, for example) and then some are seemingly wonderful (unlimited health). The unlimited health is great in certain areas (like getting ambushed by many enemies at once) but stink if you fall off the top of St. Francis' Folly. In SFF, you hit the bottom and keep going...which means you have to climb alllllll the way back to the top! Also, in OOK, the slammy doors may or may not kill you...hit or miss. I actually fell into a pit with a slammy door and didn't die. With no way out, I had to reload.

Use them prudently! You may find it's moe fun to play without them (or spareingly. Did I mention unlimited ammo? )
dinahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 06:16   #9
Ashnod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahcat View Post
A word on these, though...some of them are extremely helpful (unlimited ammo, for example) and then some are seemingly wonderful (unlimited health). The unlimited health is great in certain areas (like getting ambushed by many enemies at once) but stink if you fall off the top of St. Francis' Folly. In SFF, you hit the bottom and keep going...which means you have to climb alllllll the way back to the top! Also, in OOK, the slammy doors may or may not kill you...hit or miss. I actually fell into a pit with a slammy door and didn't die. With no way out, I had to reload.
On the other hand, unlimited life is the quickest way to get through St. Francis Folly if you understand how to navigate it. You can make long jumps from higher places to reach the Key Rooms and their switches that would ordinarily kill you, and it saves you an incredible amount of time that would have been spent crawling down the tower or across the walls.

It won't help with insta-deaths, such as a falling sword in the Damocles room, but there are a couple SFF speed runs out there on You Tube that utilize the long jumps from the high tower to reach the switches and Key Rooms that the life-cheat can help with.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-09, 14:21   #10
Mytly

^Those long jumps can be done without the unlimited life cheat, just make sure Lara's health is full before attempting them. But the cheat does come in handy in the Damocles room - instead of doing the whole frustrating wall run bit, just walk into the spikes and towards the exit.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote