Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-12-16, 09:09   #24091
fondantcookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Why have I just spent 10 minutes watching virtual fish not biting my fishing hook?

I hope this isn't important. Or I'm stuffed.

This FF is different.... But I'm intrigued about what is going on.
Absolutely loving FF15.

Was a bit unsure after the Platinum ad Duscae demos. I was even unsure after I got the full game, but a few hours in and I'm loving it. Absolutely superb.

SO many side quests. And the game world is HUGE.

I'm barely even doing the main story as I'm just off fishing, questing and hunting to my hearts content.

And fishing is great....haha. I was a bit dubious at first but now I really enjoy it. As a tip Blackmoor, if you look around the fishing spots you'll usually find a sign which tells you what type of fish can be caught there. Then if you check the lure menu you can see what tpe of lure work for what type of fish.... Narrows it down a bit

I've put 30 hours in now and im just starting chapter 5....EEK

Last edited by fondantcookie; 05-12-16 at 09:12.
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 18:32   #24092
Tommy123

Started Chapter 7 and was in a dungeon when my party got stuck behind a door and i was put into a boss room by myself...naturally i died and an hour or so wasted.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 19:07   #24093
larafan25

So there's some good Tomb Raider in this new FF game right?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 19:09   #24094
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
More tomb raiding than in TReboot games There's this specific secret dungeon, that's like a huge tomb/puzzle/platformer, that takes like about an hour or so to complete.
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 19:14   #24095
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
More tomb raiding than in TReboot games There's this specific secret dungeon, that's like a huge tomb/puzzle/platformer, that takes like about an hour or so to complete.
R.I.P.

It had SPIKE CEILINGS.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-16, 19:41   #24096
LarasFan

Quote:
R.I.P.

It had SPIKE CEILINGS.
Spike ceilings, moving platforms, moving statutes, boulders, whole rooms moving based on your footing, giants spiked wall that is somewhat a labyrinth, weird sense of gravity walking on walls and stuff, and lastly, lots and lots and lots of switches xD

Last edited by LarasFan; 10-12-16 at 19:42.
Old 11-12-16, 00:04   #24097
Tommy123

Quote:
More in the first few hours than the past 2 games combined
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 00:52   #24098
ultima espio

So it's worth the 10 year wait?
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-16, 07:20   #24099
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima espio View Post
So it's worth the 10 year wait?
Depends on how you see it. A lot of the stuff shown over the 10 year development (even the 4 year develepoment for XV specifically) was not in the final game or was heavily reduced down. However they did say that they will update the game constantly with patches that include new cutscenes, bosses, weapons, the ability to create your own character and play the story as him(no idea how this will work) and New Game+ mode.

The story feels very "empty". It had so much pontential, but there are huge gaps, like enormous gaps that makes the game feel "half-made". That's mostly the fault of them thinking of making the movie and the anime seperately. The movie has a better story than the game itself IMO.

Also the map size, even though it seems huge and all, it's not very big tbh. It sure looks incredible, and I do mean incredible, but still, expected something more of a Witcher 3 kind of map. After a specific chapter, everything just goes linear til the end and feels extremely rushed through which I didn't enjoy one bit. I wanted some time to process what was going on, and how the characters were feeling, but the game just didn't know how to hit the breaks xD

The good stuff though come in the gameplay department. It's extremely fun! Even though you only mash one button to attack, you still need to be clever about it. You need to know when to strike, when to block/dodge, when to use your magic, what kind of magic to use, what link-strikes etc.
Then you have the very fun minigames, and there are a lot of them.
Also dungeons!!!! Some are extremely tough, but damn do they give you some OP items.

Overall I give it 7.5-8/10... mainly because it underperformed in story department. If not for the incredibly well done ending, the rating would be lower than that.
Old 13-12-16, 10:07   #24100
fondantcookie

So I just completed chapter 13,which I'd heard on the grapevine was a bit of a drag as will be improved via a patch.

I personally quite liked it as it added a change in pace.

However, I think there are other things that need improving. I don't want to spoil anything, but the second 'half' definitely needs opening up like the first 'half'... If you catch my drift.

It's a superb game and I'm 100 percent satisfied as it is. So any additional patches /tweaks is just a bonus in my eyes...
fondantcookie is offline   Reply With Quote