www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 24-01-15, 17:26   #991
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
I think every artwork looks breath taking
I agree with you.
Old 29-03-15, 21:13   #992
Jorje Croft
Professor

its 2:32 AM here and I'm still reading that thread. that infos about AOD is killing me. :\ it really deserves REBORN.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-15, 15:42   #993
peeves
Legend

Location: Heaven with cats and TR1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, UB, GM, LA, and Times level

I wish AOD was reborn.
Old 14-05-15, 18:59   #994
Jorje Croft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
I wish AOD was reborn.
I don't know but this game was most interesting in my life (I'm 24) non of other games have same atmosphere/music/story/details really movielike. its shame it was hated by fans. maybe controls are ''hard'' but it was not hard to play even when I was 13.even so previous games have same controls. I can't imagine how cool would be part 2 and 3.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-15, 21:02   #995
AllissonLCTR
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
I don't know but this game was most interesting in my life (I'm 24) non of other games have same atmosphere/music/story/details really movielike. its shame it was hated by fans. maybe controls are ''hard'' but it was not hard to play even when I was 13.even so previous games have same controls. I can't imagine how cool would be part 2 and 3.
I agree with you. It would be really great if AOD had a continuation.
Regarding the difficult gameplay and controls, this doesn't make me less like the game. Will the opinion of each.
Old 22-07-15, 15:04   #996
red_lion
Historian

If Tomb Raider angel of darkness is reborn, would you prefer the original engine or make it from scratch?

And what if the new tomb raider angel of darkness has the same buggy way of moving Lara and Kurtis but has a the complete story. Would you play it?

And if the complete story has been made, without all the details, without all the multiple (deleted) items. Without the paintings, without else.. Would you care to play it?

I would love play the game with a good developed engine and a good story. I would feel a regret of loss of details. If the game is developed to be fast like the Crystal Dynamics levels and games, it wouldn't be a TRAOD.

Not knowing the full and complete story, makes the game interesting! Too speculate were no people have gone before
red_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-15, 15:30   #997
peeves
Legend

I prefer if they make it from scratch.
Old 22-07-15, 16:57   #998
archfiend
Historian

Although i like and i get used to AOD Engine i prefer making it from scratch because only it can get every fan's attention otherwise it would be just like AOD only TR fans can stand it.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-15, 18:04   #999
Aurimas

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_lion View Post
If Tomb Raider angel of darkness is reborn, would you prefer the original engine or make it from scratch?

And what if the new tomb raider angel of darkness has the same buggy way of moving Lara and Kurtis but has a the complete story. Would you play it?

And if the complete story has been made, without all the details, without all the multiple (deleted) items. Without the paintings, without else.. Would you care to play it?

I would love play the game with a good developed engine and a good story. I would feel a regret of loss of details. If the game is developed to be fast like the Crystal Dynamics levels and games, it wouldn't be a TRAOD.

Not knowing the full and complete story, makes the game interesting! Too speculate were no people have gone before
This thread is for the concept art but I will answer.

I would prefer Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness engine. It is challenging, it has great capabilities and it really creates Tomb Raider feeling as it is designed for Tomb Raider game. The engine is good. It only needs few adjustments like loading maps differently. We can see that things were working differently in pre-release builds. The problem was PlayStation 2 memory limitations. The game was too detailed. Furthermore, the engine took a lot of time and a lot effort to design. Why do it again?

I have no problem with Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness controls. I think only impatient people who cannot precisely position character or save on time have problem.

Nevertheless, I think would not play the game without the details and so on. For the game I need gameplay. For the story it is enough to have book or movie.

I would only want the game created by Core Design employees and no single employee from Crystal Dynamics.

Crystal Dynamics would:
1. Make the game Xbox exclusive
2. Hire Camilla Luddington, not Jonell Elliott
3. Not hire London Symphony Orchestra
4. Use the same boring engine they use for their games, which was not designed for Tomb Raider
5. Inject Lara's father and mother into the story
6. Make white ledges
7. Inject interactive cutscenes instead of gameplay
8. Make the game not challenging
9. Make the game shooter
10. Not make the details
11. Make the game boring
12. Make no exploration
13. Not make good puzzles
14. Make the gameplay not interactive
15. Not make gameplay at all

Last edited by Aurimas; 22-07-15 at 18:52.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-15, 13:27   #1000
WWETombRaider
Relic Hunter

What a wasted opportunity.

Looking at the conceptual art makes me want to cry.
WWETombRaider is offline   Reply With Quote