Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 14-02-18, 01:28   #1
ArigatoGozymas
Inactive

Default Tomb Raider: Underworld for iOS/iPad Pro

Hey everyone,
It's 2018, and ten years ago, Tomb Raider: Underworld was released. So perhaps maybe we could get Tomb Raider: Underworld ported for iOS to work on the iPad Pro? I don't see them remastering the LAU trilogy for PS4, and it's a dream come true for me if it ever happens, because I so wanna play that trilogy again in 4K on my PS4 Pro. But since TRU is already on the Mac App store for macOS, perhaps maybe they could just port it for iOS?

All recent Apple devices are more than capable of handling high graphical content, and the iPad Pro specifically is quite powerful and using the smart cover (which has a keyboard) actually helps a lot in terms of controlling the game, so wouldn't it be nice if they make it happen for the game's 10th anniversary? I doubt it really costs them that much and as an app, it will make money on the long run, at least better than being a forgotten...
ArigatoGozymas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 07:08   #2
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArigatoGozymas View Post
Hey everyone,
It's 2018, and ten years ago, Tomb Raider: Underworld was released. So perhaps maybe we could get Tomb Raider: Underworld ported for iOS to work on the iPad Pro? I don't see them remastering the LAU trilogy for PS4, and it's a dream come true for me if it ever happens, because I so wanna play that trilogy again in 4K on my PS4 Pro. But since TRU is already on the Mac App store for macOS, perhaps maybe they could just port it for iOS?

All recent Apple devices are more than capable of handling high graphical content, and the iPad Pro specifically is quite powerful and using the smart cover (which has a keyboard) actually helps a lot in terms of controlling the game, so wouldn't it be nice if they make it happen for the game's 10th anniversary? I doubt it really costs them that much and as an app, it will make money on the long run, at least better than being a forgotten...
They could release mac OS and linux versions on steam first... I would say the chance of it happening is super slim tbh.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 14:36   #3
michaeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
They could release mac OS and linux versions on steam first... I would say the chance of it happening is super slim tbh.
It's already on OSX
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 16:21   #4
NoahCrofRaider

That sounds pretty ridiculous tbh. Any TR games past Chronicles aren't likely to be ported to iOS. With the amount of controls and moves, you probably could even see Lara herself behind all those buttons. It's an interesting concept, but a nearly impossible one.

I am all for a LAU trilogy remaster on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, though.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 18:57   #5
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
That sounds pretty ridiculous tbh. Any TR games past Chronicles aren't likely to be ported to iOS. With the amount of controls and moves, you probably could even see Lara herself behind all those buttons. It's an interesting concept, but a nearly impossible one.

I am all for a LAU trilogy remaster on Xbox One, PS4, and PC, though.
LAU games require a lot less precision than Core games. I can see them ported easily to touch controls.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 20:41   #6
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
LAU games require a lot less precision than Core games. I can see them ported easily to touch controls.
Maybe. Still, I think it would be way too tedious. I even find TR1 to be kind of hard on iOS.
Old 15-02-18, 10:50   #7
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Maybe. Still, I think it would be way too tedious. I even find TR1 to be kind of hard on iOS.
Yes, because it requires a lot of precision. LAU doesn't. Autograb, auto jump... It wouldn't even require a virtual joystick, you could just navigate Lara by touching where do you want her to go.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-18, 14:47   #8
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Yes, because it requires a lot of precision. LAU doesn't. Autograb, auto jump... It wouldn't even require a virtual joystick, you could just navigate Lara by touching where do you want her to go.
That doesn't change anything. No matter how you slice it. For me, anyway.
Old 16-02-18, 05:52   #9
VictorXD

Quote:
Naah TR1 on iOS is just hard because the port sucks tbh. The controls are truly terrible, not even vanilla AOD could hope for such awfulness.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-18, 14:53   #10
JoelCaesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
It's already on OSX
Yes I know I meant them on steam! Since I'm not buying them again on the mac app store. Only TR2013 and Anniversary have mac versions right now on steam. It would be amazing if the classics came to steam OSX but oh well one can dream.
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote