Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 27-12-08, 12:23   #1
Moh'd
Inactive

Exclamation Where did the Atlantean Mummies and Breeds disappear?

Hi.
Well after playing the game, don't you feel that the game could have simply had a different villain?
This Natla feels none of the TRA Natla at all?

1- We didnt even have he chance to slap Natla in the face; something i was willing to do from my heart

2- this civilzation connection seems very cheap; the message and theme of the story is hardly achieved.

3- And most important point: At the end of TRA, Natla said that she can even produce much more dangerous and scary atlantean creatures and mummies; something that TRU lacked so much; it barely had enemies and they were completely different.
In TRA, Natla was breeding the creatures; in TRU, the enemies were those of the dead?

TRU should have had scarier and stronger and more evolved and mutated atlantean creatures?

This makes me beleive that the script and story writers didnt give alot of attention to the story in TRU.
Just like what script and stiry writers did with TR movies.
Just depending on that this is TR, everyone likes it no matter what.

This TR1-TRl and TRU connection is very unworthy and has created more gaps.
From now on, it is better to get rid of TR games being sequels and prequels to one another.
Moh'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 12:57   #2
jumoeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh'd View Post
Hi.

3- And most important point: At the end of TRA, Natla said that she can even produce much more dangerous and scary atlantean creatures and mummies; something that TRU lacked so much; it barely had enemies and they were completely different.
In TRA, Natla was breeding the creatures; in TRU, the enemies were those of the dead?

TRU should have had scarier and stronger and more evolved and mutated atlantean creatures?
that is because hellheim and the other NORSE underworlds are NORSE, and not atlentean. the thralls were already there protecting thors artifacts and jormungandr.
jumoeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 14:21   #3
Joey91

Cool

Quote:
Hi.
Well after playing the game, don't you feel that the game could have simply had a different villain?
This Natla feels none of the TRA Natla at all?

1- We didnt even have he chance to slap Natla in the face; something i was willing to do from my heart

2- this civilzation connection seems very cheap; the message and theme of the story is hardly achieved.

This makes me beleive that the script and story writers didnt give alot of attention to the story in TRU.
Just like what script and stiry writers did with TR movies.
Just depending on that this is TR, everyone likes it no matter what.

This TR1-TRl and TRU connection is very unworthy and has created more gaps.
From now on, it is better to get rid of TR games being sequels and prequels to one another.
well, she could only create what she desires with the help of the scion, bingo! the scion's destroyed!
Joey91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 14:31   #4
Moh'd
Inactive

^^^
But Natla was breeding them before she had the scion.
We fought those creatueres when Lara was still searching for them
Acually I still dont know what the scion really did
Lara used it to see visions
But Natla was able to breed her creatures without the scion

@ jumoeder:
This suggests then that TRU should have had a different villain and not Natla; dont you think?

Last edited by Moh'd; 27-12-08 at 14:33.
Moh'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 15:52   #5
GodOfLight
Inactive

yes, i basically felt natla was useless in the entire game. the only reason cd put her in there was because fans knew her and because she was a god... nothing specific about natla the atlantean queen was even neccesary for this game. this norse ancient world of niflhelavalonheim looked nothing like atlantis in TRA anyway... the whole thing made no ****ing sense
GodOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 15:59   #6
Zebra

Quote:
^^^
But Natla was breeding them before she had the scion.
We fought those creatueres when Lara was still searching for them
Acually I still dont know what the scion really did
Lara used it to see visions
But Natla was able to breed her creatures without the scion

@ jumoeder:
This suggests then that TRU should have had a different villain and not Natla; dont you think?
When in the game did she breed creatures without the Scion? The only creatures she bred were those in the Atlantean pyramide when she did already have the Scion. The ones in Peru/Greece/Egypt were probably put there by the Atlanteans themselves thousands of years before Natla got out of her prison.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 10:27   #7
jumoeder

Quote:
^^^
@ jumoeder:
there was a spot for a new villian yes, but whu use a new villian when you have another villian, that can very good use it for its own goods.
jumoeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 18:39   #8
2kool4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfLight View Post
yes, i basically felt natla was useless in the entire game. the only reason cd put her in there was because fans knew her and because she was a god... nothing specific about natla the atlantean queen was even neccesary for this game. this norse ancient world of niflhelavalonheim looked nothing like atlantis in TRA anyway... the whole thing made no ****ing sense
Not really she was the only one who could perform that ritual to unlock the gate to "avalon".
2kool4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-08, 19:02   #9
Smegzilla

See? This is why I didn't like that they brought her back. They didn't need to, it was pointless fan service.
I sincerely hope that she's dead and buried for good. I can't see myself enjoying the next TR game if there's even a hint of a reference to her. It would show that CD just can't leave her alone.
Smegzilla is offline   Reply With Quote