Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 30-10-18, 12:21   #21
adamtombraider

Just completed an all Secrets and no medipack run in 04.13.14 with 60 of 59 Secrets
adamtombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 13:45   #22
fallenangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Phhf hahaa

I have like no save crystals and am currently at Thames Whaft - I could try it but dunno how well I'd do.
Playing the PSX via emulation so its in HD (pretty much like PC version) though I won't be using save states obviously coz thats cheating
It will be be tough going unless you get some more save crystals and the problem is that suggesting using the legitimate ultra short cut which might be considered a solution will leave you with the same problem in the far tougher Aldwych.

There are two easy-ish save crystals you can get from the start point without much risk. But after that you'll want to use at least one of them before going on to some of the more dangerous areas/tasks unless you want to doom yourself to repeating long sections you've already done.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-18, 13:57   #23
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenangle View Post
"No loads" that is insane.
It sure is! I haven't found the determination to try something of that magnitude...yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtombraider View Post
Just completed an all Secrets and no medipack run in 04.13.14 with 60 of 59 Secrets
Nice. Did you manage the RX-Tech swim without using the underwater save exploit? It is possible to do so.

A no medipack, all secrets run in itself is not that difficult. It's when you start adding other restrictions that it becomes much more demanding, but also rewarding like Maverin stated:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I finished a no-scratch, all pickups and secrets, pistols only challenge early this year. I played the pc version but used a patch that removes all the save crystals, so there is no way to heal yourself through them. The only advantage is that you can save everywhere. It was a very fun and rewarding challenge!

You should definitely give it a try
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-18, 15:23   #24
dcw123

Gonna have to restart my run... I missed a secret in one level

Ah well... least I can do a legit FULL no medpacks all secrets run - wish me luck.

Been a while so I don't know everything off by heart like most speedrunners etc do

Edit: So pissed.
Just had to restart Temple Ruins right from near the end thanks to being on low health.
Forced drops and that darn spikewall gauntlet let me down, and cannot get past the spiked ceiling ladder area.
Had to restart the level...
I took no damage from anything else which was a shame.. really took me time being careful.
Urghh
Thats 47 minutes wasted

Thats the annoying thing. At least PC players can have multiple saves and slots (and cheat with the green crystals for free health)
Its not like I could load an earlier save on PSX

Last edited by dcw123; 05-11-18 at 15:47.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-19, 01:57   #25
RequiredField

dcw123, how did it go after all this time?
Keep in mind that even though it's not possible to use savestates on a real PS1, you can always buy a lot of memory cards and change them to have more of the "Current Position" saves. With emulation you have it even easier. You can have almost unlimited memory cards without spending a single dollar - utilize this fact.

But when it comes to this "no loads" challenge. Hey, that's a much better representation of reality and the dangers a player would face in a real life trip. And a valuable lesson why one should be careful in potentially dangerous situations and come prepared to face them.
You wouldn't jog or sprint while, let's say, traversing over giant pits in the mountains, right? Know what I mean? The walking function is there in the game for something and how it prevents accidental drops.

With that said I'd like to see someone complete the game this way while walking and enjoying the scenery rather than running through.
RequiredField is offline   Reply With Quote