Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > International Tomb Raider Forums

Old 15-03-12, 06:05   #2851
XNAaraL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaMana View Post
Oh man, jetzt verstehe ich das erst richtig... glaube ich zumindest... falls ich denn jetzt richtig verstanden habe. Habe ich das?

So ist es. Genauso wie von dir beschrieben. Vermutlich hatte dein Modell gar keinen Knochen fuer das Zentrum des Leuchtkreises -- und damit ueberhaupt kein Leuchten (im Sinne von TRU Thors Glow)

================================================== ==========================

PS: Versuche doch die Methode von AtlantiB mit der Rendergroupe 21 http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...&postcount=414 wie von Stosh vorgeschlagen:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...ostcount=46507
The first MOD with Render group 21, made by $AtlantiB$ -- The light slider are set to Zero -- Only thorsglow -- All inside the mesh -- the color of glow around Lara's gauntlets is unchanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stosh View Post
^You could try render group 21 for the glow. It only uses a diffuse texture and supports transparency.
ex. 21_meshname_0.2_0_0
Fuer dieses Modell wurde extra ein update von XNALara herausgegeben:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusan View Post
Update: version 9.1

- the color of glow around Lara's gauntlets can be changed (menu Options > Display accessories > Thor's gear glow > Glow left/right color); the color can be set for each hand and also for each model independently; the settings are saved into a .scene file along with the model(s)

- new mesh group #21 which is poseable (supports bones), supports transparency and is shadeless (i.e. not affected by lights)

================================================== ===================

Deine letzte Frage, warum der Name thorwireframe geaendert wurde:

Anwender Wuenche.

thorwireframe funktioniert noch immer. Die original (vanilla) Lara Modelle haben Thors-Guertel und Thors-Handschuhe vereint in einem einzigen Mesh (der fuer XNALara dafuer festgelegte Name ist thorwireframe )
Mit Version 8.4.x wurde es moeglich das Leuchten fuer jedes Teil individuell zu kontrollieren. Dazu trennt XNALara ab Version 8.4.x beim Laden des Modells den Meshpart "thorwireframe" in die drei Elemente "thorglowbelt", "thorglowgauntletright" and "thorglowgauntletleft" und damit koennen auch diese Namen direkt in meinem Generic_Item Format verwendet werden.
Code:
- a minor fix: the program no longer crashes when the Thor's gauntlets are selected in the menu, yet the two bones (called unused072 and unused097) that define the positions of the gauntlets' glow do not exist in the model (pointed out to me by daventry)
- enables the split-Thor-gear functionality introduced in v8.4 also for generic meshes
- missing sub-meshes should no longer cause the loading of the entire model to fail
- visibility of Thor's gauntlets and belt as well as of the corresponding glow around them can now be controlled independently for each of them
Es ist schon erstaunlich, dass Anwender immer nur Workarounds fordern und sogar selbst die (angeblich) am besten geeignete Loesung vorschlagen.
"Falls die Information fehlt, wo das Zentrum des Leuchtens ist, dann stuerzt XNALara nun nicht mehr ab, sondern ignoriert das Leuchten"
Nach meiner Meinung, es ist besser dem Ersteller des Modells beim Konvertieren fuer XNALara eine Fehlermeldung in der Form:
"Cannot convert this model as .mesh file. The center of the glow can not be determined! Please add a bone with the name unused072"
zu geben, um ihn auf den BUG des Modells aufmerksam zu machen. Er kann dann seinen BUG vor der Veroeffentlichung fixen, falls ihm nicht alles egsal ist.

Meine Empfehlung: Beschreibt euer Ziel. Beschreibt welche Features euer fertiges Modell besitzen soll. Und ueberlasst das Suchen nach der passenden Loesung den Entwicklern

Haette Ventrue damals nicht durchsichtige Pistolen gefordert (wodurch einige bereits bestehende MOD's unsichtbar wurden und geaendert werden mussten):
Code:
- Lara's handguns now support transparency (so it's possible to make their custom mods with transparency) - requested by Ventrue
Sad The better way is XPS 9.8
sondern beschrieben:
Quote:
Die fertigen Modelle sollen ueber Ausruestungsgegenstaende verfuegen, welche Angezeigt oder Ausgeblendet werden koennen. Diese Ausruestungsgegenstaende muessen den verschiedenen Materialen zugeordnet werden koennen.
Z.Bsp: Eine Brille, bestehenden aus Metallrahmen und Glas. Das Glas kann durchsichtig oder halbdurchsichtig (Sonnenbrille) sein.
dann, haette die in XNALara realisierte Loesung so ausgesehen:
Code:
9.8.x
- Unlimited number of 'optional accessories' with the support of all the 'Render groups'.
- 'Optional accessories' can consist of several mesh parts, even with different rendering groups.
- 'Optional accessories' can have any names. Not only thorsgear or handgun ...
- Possibility for visualizing an 'Optional Accessories' by hide others.
- Shortcut A inside the main window, to show or hidde the Accessories.
- New Generic_Item file format to support the new features

Last edited by XNAaraL; 15-03-12 at 07:26.
XNAaraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-12, 13:48   #2852
ManaMana

Na gut, dann werde ich nun wohl doch auf render group 21 zurückgreifen. So sind die glühenden Augen zwar nicht mehr "abstellbar" (zumindest nicht, wenn XNALara und nicht XPS verwendet wird ), aber wenigstens sind sie jetzt überhaupt da. Danke

Also, da ich persönlich ja gerade erst damit angefangen habe, mir die ganzen Funktionen des Programms mal genauer anzusehen, bin ich bisher noch nicht so weit, dass ich um Neuerungen bitten könnte. Aber sollte ich das jemals sein, dann werde ich auf jeden Fall darauf achten, es vernünftig zu formulieren.

Und übrigens: Ein großes Lob an deine Arbeit in diesem Thread, XNAaraL. Alle Antworten, die ich hier bisher bekommen habe, waren ausführlich, bebildert und enthielten außerdem noch hilfreiche Links, was mir in jedem Fall sehr weitergeholfen hat. Mach weiter so!

Sehr gut, dann betrachte ich mein Problem nun als gelöst. Danke noch mal an alle und viel Spaß noch im Forum

Cheers,
ManaMana

Last edited by ManaMana; 19-03-12 at 13:50.
ManaMana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-12, 18:46   #2853
XNAaraL

Default Modderkodex -- modding community codex

Thanks for the reply. and have fun!

BTW:
Code of modding ethics -- If you want to use the Generic_Item format, you must agree to these rules!

Each community lives of the good cooperation of its members, this also applies to the Modder community. Therefore, every Modder should endeavour to comply with some simple basic rules if he wants to be respected within the community. The Modderkodex summarizes these largely unwritten rules. He refers to the behavior of modders, not on technical details of the games or platforms.

The code applies regardless of the forum and is this to be understood as a voluntary, self-imposed policy. Thus he is both represent thought support for experienced modders as well reference book for newbies. It is not meant to seal of quality. No one formally commits the code. Therefore each mod creators should be compliance with its rules and its reputation as a Modder personally.

The guidelines were written down in the following paragraphs:
  1. I put hand not unauthorized to foreign works or ideas.
    Creative theft far me. I will use any ideas of other modders or works (scripting, meshes, textures, etc.) without getting previously their consent. I show respect for the intellectual property of others and make no changes in foreign work or translate it without the consent of the person who created them.
  2. I claim not against better knowledge, a work made by others would be mine.
    Plagiarism are undesirable and I'll spread no I knowingly use ideas and work of other modders or copy, and then spend them for my works. I object not entitled to the benefits of others.
  3. I'll honour those whose knowledge/work I use for my work.
    If I have permission to incorporate the work of others in my modification, I pay tribute them the respect they deserve. I mention these modders and the parts of their works, which I've used for my work. Same applies to all those who stood me with advice and practical assistance.
  4. I offer represent my work in an appropriate manner.
    No modification, how small she may be, should be released without a comprehensible Readme (with detailed installation instructions) and presented to the general public. I may know what to do and where problems could occur with my work - others may not know that. I will therefore adequately describe my work and mention all my known issues and requirements.
  5. I do my daily work with due care.
    A modification should technically so well done (clean) and stable as possible and nothing change, which should not really be changed. It exist utilities that help me. Stylistically I note proper spelling. A work is complex, the more errors can creep. I'm testing my mod first in detail themselves and perform let beta testing by others if it is possible and seems warranted to me.
  6. I have no malicious.
    My work has been created completely free of malicious software. I use it not to pollute the honour or the reputation of any real person/group by insults or defamation. Nor do I seek to take advantage of this project financially.
  7. I come to the responsibility for my work.
    As creator, I know my work best. No matter how well and carefully I work, we are all human and mistakes can happen to even the best. You have questions regarding my modification, I will provide necessary support. If it after the release fails, I will make a update or bug fix, if possible.

===== german language ============
Danke für die Rückantwort. und viel Spass beim modden.

PS: Oft vergessen (nie übersetzt ins Englische?):

Modderkodex der deutschsprachigen Community

Jede Gemeinschaft lebt vom guten Miteinander ihrer Mitglieder, das gilt auch für die Modder-Community. Daher sollte sich jeder Modder bemühen, einige simple Grundregeln einzuhalten, wenn er innerhalb der Gemeinschaft geachtet werden möchte. Der Modderkodex fasst diese weitgehend ungeschriebenen Regeln zusammen. Er bezieht sich auf das Verhalten des Modders, nicht auf technische Einzelheiten von Spielen oder Plattformen.

Der Kodex gilt forenunabhängig und ist dabei als eine freiwillige, selbstauferlegte Richtlinie zu verstehen. Damit stellt er sowohl Gedankenstütze für erfahrene Modder als auch Nachschlagewerk für Neulinge dar. Er ist nicht als Qualitätssiegel gedacht. Niemand verpflichtet sich formal dem Kodex. Die Einhaltung seiner Regeln sollte daher jeder Mod-Ersteller persönlich mit sich und seinem Ruf als Modder ausmachen.

Die Richtlinien wurden in den folgenden Punkten niedergeschrieben:
  • Ich lege nicht unerlaubt Hand an fremde Arbeiten oder Ideen.
    Kreativer Diebstahl liegt mir fern. Ich werde keine Werke (Scripting, Meshes, Texturen, etc.) oder Ideen anderer Modder benutzen, ohne VORHER deren Erlaubnis erhalten zu haben. Ich zeige Respekt vor dem geistigen Eigentum anderer und mache keine Veränderungen an fremden Arbeiten oder übersetze sie ohne das Einverständnis desjenigen, der sie geschaffen hat.
  • Ich behaupte nicht wider besseren Wissens, eines anderen Leistung wäre die meine.
    Plagiate sind unerwünscht und ich werde keine verbreiten, indem ich wissentlich Ideen und Arbeiten anderer Modder verwende oder kopiere, und diese dann für meine Werke ausgebe. Ich erhebe keinen Anspruch auf die Leistungen anderer.
  • Ich werde jene ehren, deren Wissen/Werke ich für meine Arbeit nutze.
    Wenn ich die Erlaubnis habe, die Werke anderer in meine Modifikation einfließen zu lassen, zolle ich ihnen den Respekt, den sie verdienen. Ich erwähne diese Modder und die Teile ihrer Arbeiten, die ich für mein Werk verwendet habe. Gleiches gilt für all jene, die mir mit Rat und Tat zur Seite standen.
  • Ich biete mein Werk in angemessener Form dar.
    Keine Modifikation, wie klein sie auch sein mag, sollte ohne eine verständliche Readme (mit ausführlicher Installations-Anleitung) veröffentlicht und der Allgemeinheit dargeboten werden. Ich weiß vielleicht, was zu tun ist und wo Probleme mit meinem Werk auftreten könnten - andere wissen das möglicherweise nicht. Ich werde meine Arbeit deshalb angemessen beschreiben und erwähne alle mir bekannten Probleme und Anforderungen.
  • Ich verrichte mein Tagwerk mit gebotener Sorgfalt.
    Eine Modifikation sollte technisch so sauber (clean) und stabil wie nur möglich sein und nichts verändern, das nicht wirklich geändert werden soll - es gibt Hilfsprogramme, die mich dabei unterstützen. Stilistisch achte ich auf ordentliche Rechtschreibung. Je komplexer ein Werk ist, desto mehr Fehler können sich einschleichen. Ich teste meine Mod zunächst ausführlich selbst und lasse Betatests von anderen durchführen, wenn es möglich ist und mir geboten erscheint.
  • Ich hege keine unlauteren Absichten.
    Mein Werk wurde komplett frei von schädlicher Software erstellt. Ich nutze es auch nicht, um die Ehre oder den Ruf irgendeiner realen Person/Gruppierung durch Beleidigungen oder Verleumdung zu beschmutzen. Ebensowenig trachte ich danach, finanziell Nutzen aus diesem Projekt zu ziehen.
  • Ich komme der Verantwortung für mein Werk nach.
    Als Ersteller kenne ich mein Werk am besten. Egal, wie gut und sorgfältig ich arbeite, wir sind alle Menschen und Fehler können selbst den Besten passieren. Sollten Fragen zu meiner Modifikation auftreten, werde ich notwendigen Support leisten. Falls darin nach der Veröffentlichung Fehler auftreten, werde ich diese durch Updates oder Fixes beseitigen, sofern mir das möglich ist.

Dieser Kodex wurde im Juni 2010 von der deutschsprachigen Community entworfen. Er entstand hauptsächlich aus einem Vorschlag £exas.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 16-01-14 at 10:21.
Old 21-03-12, 08:29   #2854
FearEffect

Hello i have a problem :

I have A body and a head :

When i fix the head in the body with XPS i have :

1 / That :

or

2 / Body without head but with the bones of it( of the head of course ).

Can somebody help me !?
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 09:28   #2855
XNAaraL

Default 3d max -- weight painting

^^^^^^ http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...postcount=2697 ^^^^^^ Even if KamilM_93, RoxasKennedy, rexil and others say something else, XPS dont support such models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runa View Post
I have a question guys and I hope someone can help me.
I know almost all of you use Blender, but I use only 3d studio max for models and everything. I just started to make a meshmod.. Well it's more a try, but I'd like to know, since the program is a bit confusing, if you know how to paint weights with this program. I searched for some tutorial on Google but didn't find a good one.
Also, I'm trying to attach a new arm, I don't have problem to attach the bone and setting the correct position but somehow, when I click on vertex to edit something, suddenly the arm changes position on its own and moves away even from its bones and I can't modify that. Is it kind of a conflict with bones or something..?
Video: http://vimeo.com/groups/cgef9/videos/3152312

Painting Weights
The 3d max Weight Painting Tool window can seem daunting when you first open it, so initially restrict what you use. Start by blocking out key areas using the Replace Paint Operation while adjusting the Opacity and Value settings. Once you have these in place you can go into more detail with other options, if you need to.

the arm changes position on its own and moves away
You've attached your skin to the skeleton and painted the weights, but then you notice that you need to tweak the position or orientation of one of the joints?
Moving it now wil also move the mesh! The best way round thhis is to use
Skin->Detach Skin
and make sure you enable
Keep History
in the options. This will retain your weighting information so that, once edited, you can rebind your skeleton to get back to where you were.

Last edited by XNAaraL; 21-03-12 at 18:27. Reason: Typo
Old 21-03-12, 09:35   #2856
Runa

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNAaraL View Post
Video: http://vimeo.com/groups/cgef9/videos/3152312

Painting Weights
The 3d max Weight Painting Tool window can seem daunting when zou first open it, so initially restrict what you use. Start by blocking out key areas using the Replace Paint Operation while adjusting the Opacity and Value settings. Once you have these in place you can go into more detail with other options, if you need to.

the arm changes position on its own and moves away
You've attached your skin to the skeleton and painted the weights, but then you notice that you need to tweak the position or orientation of one of the joints?
Moving it now wil also move the mesh! The best way round thhis is to use
Skin->Detach Skin
and make sure you enable
Keep History
in the options. This will retain your weighting information so that, once edited, you can rebind your skeleton to get back to where you were.
I can open the window of painting tool for weights.. but I can't understand how to actually use it. For example, I attach a head but when I move it a piece of it is not attached. If I want to paint that simple part to the neck bone of the other mesh, how can I do it?

About the arm, no still no weights and maybe that is the problem. If I attach the bone it works, but a part of it still remains on its own. Maybe I could solve with the weights painting? (if I understand how to make it)
Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 09:44   #2857
XNAaraL

Default 3ds max -- weight painting -- tutorial

Right.
I'd say just check out digital tutor 3d max animation dvds: http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?vid=6252

BTW: Try also searching for 3ds max Vertex Paint and "Painting Skin Weights" or "Weight painting" or "Vertex Weighting"

I only know the basic method so far, which is click the Edit Envelopes button, and going one bone at a time in your list of added bones, edit the influence capsules for each bone. Parts of the clothing will turn red when that bone has it's influence extended far enough.
The idea of weight painting is to apply percentage strength to how much the bone moves a given vertex. You can have more than one bone affecting things at joints to create a smooth transition. The XNA limit ist 4 joints for each vertex.

_____________ german language

Eine sehr gute deutsche Anleitung, um mit 3ds max ein skinning zu erstellen, findet ihr hier:
http://www.animares.com/book/Charact...efinieren.html

Last edited by XNAaraL; 22-03-12 at 17:26.
Old 21-03-12, 13:31   #2858
Runa

Thanks, sadly this isn't helping me my problem is I want to attach a mesh to another. Like, if I rotate the head bone, the head is not fully attached to the neck although the bone is connected. What I want to do is "paint" the vertices in order to merge the head mesh to the neck.. it seems I can't find a solution because even following the tutorials I fail...
Old 21-03-12, 13:36   #2859
XNAaraL

???
http://www.3d-ring.de/3d/tutorial.ph...ial=547321dbeb
???

Last edited by XNAaraL; 21-03-12 at 13:42.
Old 21-03-12, 14:05   #2860
Runa

No.. it doesn't work. I do the same things but those options aren't even selectable... thank you anyway....