www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 17-02-18, 15:09   #1041
NoMercy2014
Hobbyist

Exclamation

Whenever I export a level to play it/test it it does the conversion and all but when the game loads it has the level names all as "MISS" and no music, then when I click on one of them it crashes the application. Am I doing something incorrectly?
Old 17-02-18, 20:43   #1042
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Have you ever made levels for TR before using TRLE? Judging from your description the script might need adjusting, as well as the TR4 file names...
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 22:11   #1043
NoMercy2014
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Have you ever made levels for TR before using TRLE? Judging from your description the script might need adjusting, as well as the TR4 file names...
Yes I have used TRLE/TRNG for many years, if there is a way to correct the scripts then I have yet to find it within any of the folders provided in the download.
Old 17-02-18, 22:32   #1044
Mulf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy2014 View Post
Yes I have used TRLE/TRNG for many years
Thatís what you claim, but the nature of your request combined with the number of your posts tends to invoke a certain sense of doubt as to the truthfulness of that claim.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-18, 22:52   #1045
Caesum
Tomb Raider

I think wrong paths in Tomb Editor Level Settings can also result in such issues. Especially if you move your *.PRJ2 file or entire TRLE folder.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-18, 09:34   #1046
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMercy2014 View Post
Yes I have used TRLE/TRNG for many years, if there is a way to correct the scripts then I have yet to find it within any of the folders provided in the download.
Well there is a whole directory with the "game" contents inside and that's where script files reside. However, editing them will require either compiling your own script using TRLE/TRNG tools (TRNG more likely, since the TRLE script compiler doesn't work under 64-bit Windows unless you use it under Dosbox). You can go the easier route and download a tool called Scripter (also by Monty ) to open & edit the compiled script.dat file, you can check its contents that way.

If you get MISS entries then it means it's missing strings. Check if the english.dat file is present in the game directory. But the game would probably not run without it anyway and if it says MISS then you might have put names in the script file which weren't included in the strings file...

Check what is the name of the level file Tomb Editor is producing from your project, you can find this in Tools > Level Settings. The file name must match the name provided in the script, otherwise the game won't be able to find the level file.

But you should be able to build and play just fine by using the original, default script.dat file that came with TRLE and tut1.tr4 file name for your compiled level file, which is the Playable Tutorial Level in the default script.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-18, 00:34   #1047
laras
Professor

Smile

Hi! Just wanted to say thank you for building this amazing tool. I have been a hardcore TR fan since the 90's and i always wanted to build my own TR level ever since i found out it was released with TRC. Tried it couple of times but i gave up as it can be quite intimidating to a newbie and all my levels (rooms) would look like crap.
Cut to present day, tried Tomb Editor a month ago and i can happily say that i built and learned alot as it is much more welcoming. So again, thanks for this, i would probably never got into TRLE if this tool was never released!
laras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-18, 07:39   #1048
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Suggestion: add 'toggle lights' that would turn on/off lights when in texturing mode (or generally). Texturing now is extremely hard because rooms have literally no depth.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-18, 13:26   #1049
laras
Professor

Question

Thanks for the tip! I do find texturing quite challenging, especially outside areas to make them look half decent.

I have a question. I'm trying to make beetles appear like in TR4. I have them in my wad in "little beetle" slot. I place it on the map, put 1000 in ocb so that they come out of the floor, set a regular trigger for them but when I test it, they don't appear. What am I missing? I'm also confused by "beetle checkpoint" button next to 2D map?
laras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:27   #1050
rufierto
Historian

Just noticed this was here, since I am in mid project, I will look at this after it is done. Do not want to learn something new, busy in building a game. But wow!! Thanks for adding to our tools!!
rufierto is offline   Reply With Quote