Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 24-02-15, 23:24   #41
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMcGrath View Post
Let me preference this post by saying I am very technology minded and I was hard sold on Train2Game, and during the sales pitch I was told about who they were accredited with and I signed up now when I received my course materials I was a bit sceptical then I found that the information being taught was outdated, and that I could find more relevant and better information in books from waterstones and I ended the course. And I cancelled my direct debit now I signed on with Train2Game in March 2013 and I began receiving letters from CDF (Career Development Finance Ltd) and they were saying you have to pay back loan etc etc. so I paid bac £5 per month as my financial situation wasn't the best at the time.

Roll forward to February 2015 I ordered all three of my credit files from the credit reference agencies, and by this time CDF had passed my file to Debt & Revenue Services Debt Collection Agents. I then find no entry on my credit file for CDF (Career Development Finance Ltd) and no default. Which by law before a company passes a debt to a collection agent they must log a default but no default.

I became very very concerned began researching I came across the site

http://www.collativelearning.com/SKI...%20REFUND.html

Now after reading information contained on this site I was very very worried now I contacted ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) and I was informed that a default must be registered on my credit file before a debt collection agent can chase a debt.

I was then told if I believe it to be a serious matter to contact the FCA, FOS and Action Fraud which I have done.

Here is how you know it is a scam Train2Game on Companies house webcheck is listed SIC Code is 74990 Non-trading company also when searching these companies similar names addresses keep appearing and being terminated ALENA TELENSKY and JAN TELENSKY a quick check on SkillsTrain Europe Ltd, Train4Trade Skills and Train2Game including Career Development Finance Ltd these names appear and then they are terminated

When you look deeper into it Alarm bells begin to ring very loudly now train4tradeskills and train2game have a dormant company listing on companies house yet they have fully active websites and similar addresses and when scandal hits they terminate then take back on terminated directors.

Non trading companies means they are not making any money but yet all these companies under metropolitan International Schools Limited are making money by scamming honest people out of there money, also they claim they won a liable case of £50,000 against google which is false also they also tried to sue Rob Ager in the high court for his site explaining the scam and failed stay well clear of Train2Game or any affiliate company with Metropolitan International Schools Limited, they threaten legal action for blogs, forums etc to try and hide the negative publicity but please check the following site and do the research yourselves you will see for yourselves

http://www.collativelearning.com/SKI...%20REFUND.html
Wow, interesting read!

So it appears that they are very shady indeed. I've been told of many stories about this company Train2Game and their fraudulent activities. I hope that anyone who is curious about trying their services are aware and reads this thread. This is sickening and has completely shocked me. It also seems rather suspicious they covered up the allegations regarding an investigation claimed to be carried out by Watch Dog.

I hope all goes well for you.

Best Regards.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-15, 23:25   #42
ggctuk

Sounds like I did the right thing turning them down in the end. I have detailed books on the subject of game design that seem well-informed. I also have a colleague who is on the course and he confirmed the course "isn't worth the paper it's written on".
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-19, 16:49   #43
moodydog

Apologies for bringing up this ancient thread, but I was discussing this whole fiasco with my mum over Christmas and showed her this thread. I then did a quick search on the t2g website, and it appears that they no longer offer courses. They have also failed to contain the backlash on the internet (there is an abundance of threads of people sharing their experiences, some sound like horror stories involving debt collection threats). In 2015 they broke relations with TIGA (or more likely they other way round).

I suspect their shady tactics and thus damaged reputation has severely come to bite them in the ass.

For anyone remotely interested:

https://train2gameexposed.wordpress.com/

Good grief. I'm thankful I didn't sign up.

Last edited by moodydog; 31-12-19 at 16:51.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-19, 17:08   #44
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Apologies for bringing up this ancient thread, but I was discussing this whole fiasco with my mum over Christmas and showed her this thread. I then did a quick search on the t2g website, and it appears that they no longer offer courses. They have also failed to contain the backlash on the internet (there is an abundance of threads of people sharing their experiences, some sound like horror stories involving debt collection threats). In 2015 they broke relations with TIGA (or more likely they other way round).

I suspect their shady tactics and thus damaged reputation has severely come to bite them in the ass.

For anyone remotely interested:

https://train2gameexposed.wordpress.com/

Good grief. I'm thankful I didn't sign up.
Definitely. I'm glad I bailed on committing to this. You are far better off going to university and getting a degree in game design, development or technology (which is what I am doing). It might take you three years, but it's worth it.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote