Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 10-02-16, 16:31   #11
FreakRaider

EDIT: sorry double post, pls delete

Last edited by FreakRaider; 10-02-16 at 20:08.
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 20:07   #12
FreakRaider

By the way guys, I always forget to do that, but thank you all for your so nice and positive feedback, all these cheer me up and motivate me, so thank you

I am currently working on The Lost Valley! I am trying to aim for TRAE in this one as well, but the pictures I show you are still very WIP, I only started it like an hour ago

FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 20:09   #13
laracroft1997

Stunning . Keep Up the Good Work
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 20:44   #14
Caesum

Very nice! Is it hard to make levels in Unreal Engine? How does the workflow look? Is it hard? I'm considering trying it myself. Do you recommend it?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 21:05   #15
Enya Brennan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroft1997 View Post
same...
Perhaps this'll be our TRAE fix I hope our excitement isn't in vain.

---

Very good work, keep it up!
Enya Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-16, 22:06   #16
_Alex_

This looks very amazing Can't wait to see what the final version looks like
_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 00:36   #17
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakRaider View Post
No thanks, that is not the kind of look I want to achieve
It has nothing to do with the look but with the accuracy and authenticity of the level design. Core based all of their levels for the TRAE directly on the TR1 level layouts (meaning they actually took the meshes of TR1's levels and build upon those). As you can see in the screenshots we have from the game, using that workflow didn't result in the game's graphics looking like TR1's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Very nice! Is it hard to make levels in Unreal Engine? How does the workflow look? Is it hard? I'm considering trying it myself. Do you recommend it?
It's not that hard if you know your way around a 3D modelling program (of course, creating good levels requires the necessary sensibilities and know-how). However, getting into UE4 and familiarising yourself with everything does take some time so you should definitely be patient and willing to work through a bunch of tutorials/wiki articles. Also, if you want to create TR-like levels, you will have to create many of the necessary game mechanics and animations yourself which isn't a trivial task. (It's certainly possible and you don't need to be able to code or program to do it as you can do it all in Blueprints but that still requires you to be able to think logically and come up with algorithms.)

Last edited by Zebra; 11-02-16 at 00:44.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 01:21   #18
laracroft1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post

It's not that hard if you know your way around a 3D modelling program (of course, creating good levels requires the necessary sensibilities and know-how). However, getting into UE4 and familiarising yourself with everything does take some time so you should definitely be patient and willing to work through a bunch of tutorials/wiki articles. Also, if you want to create TR-like levels, you will have to create many of the necessary game mechanics and animations yourself which isn't a trivial task. (It's certainly possible and you don't need to be able to code or program to do it as you can do it all in Blueprints but that still requires you to be able to think logically and come up with algorithms.)
I can even with The TRLE Engine, But I might give that a try
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 08:53   #19
Wooxman

These screenshots look so promising! Are you using prebuild object models or your own?
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-16, 09:01   #20
Caesum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Well Unreal Engine always provided its own 3d editing program so I believe it is the same in case of UE4. Also I heard the newest UE contains something called "blueprint" that makes it possible to make a basic game with little to no programming skill. I always wanted to make a simple Redguard alike game so I don't really need much in that aspect. I've already downloaded UE4 and it looks a lot like Unity3D, which is a good thing. Personally I always prefered UE4 ever since I played Harry Potter so I'm very glad the newest engine is free to use. I only hope I will be able to downgrade graphics enough to provide a simple 1990s retro gameplay. But I guess I went a bit offtopic, sorry!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote