Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 08-04-17, 08:53   #21
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelCaesar View Post
And then some people think TR is bad and has bad graphics...
Barbie Explorer actually has very nice graphics for a PS1 game.
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 04:26   #22
JoelCaesar

We are just slightly off topic here...
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 11:56   #23
anniversarytr11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjobuff View Post
Yeah I got it after changing outfits. I guess she can't get the achievement in the sparrowhawk outfit. I'm playing borderlands 2 now and having much more fun. I will always hold the old tomb raider games dear brnibthink I'm done now. Rise was very annoying to me gathering and crafting. No sexiness. No personality. Not my thing. Not like the old games whatsoever. You can't duck. You can't roll. You can't backflip or crawl. You can't jump and shoot. The game plays itself and then glitches to boot!!! It's not really tomb raider imo. The essence is completely gone from it. The fun of tomb raider was always having a bunch of movement combinations and then being placed into a huge 3D space and figuring out how to use those movements to move successfully through that space. This game does everything for you. And the one time we had to perform a movement for an achievement. The one special move we have the dive is glitchy. No thank you. They stripped the game to nothing. It sucks. Try borderlands or mad max if you want to wash down this garbage and have fun. The witch dlc was the only time I had fun in this game. No offense to anyone but it seems this game went from being made for boys, to now being made for girls. That's just what it seems like to me. The controls are painfully watered down. Her dialogue no longer sounds like what boys want to hear but what girls want to hear. I wouldn't want to get with the new Lara. She is no longer a fantasy. That was a secondary draw to the game after the controls which are also now gone. But Check out maya in borderlands. That's an old school gaming character. Goodbye tomb raider. Good luck with your new demographic
Wow this is such a sexist comment, so you only liked Tomb Raider when Lara is a sex object and controlled like a tank?! It blows my mind that people like this exist.

I thought he was going to talk about how the old TR's had a feeling of isolation and exploration and the new ones are too action orientated because that is a valid point. Your points are completely irrelevant to what makes a good game. Bye, troll.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 12:12   #24
ThatSassyKid

Has anybody else struggled to complete challenges in specific outfits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniversarytr11 View Post
Wow this is such a sexist comment, so you only liked Tomb Raider when Lara is a sex object and controlled like a tank?! It blows my mind that people like this exist.

I thought he was going to talk about how the old TR's had a feeling of isolation and exploration and the new ones are too action orientated because that is a valid point. Your points are completely irrelevant to what makes a good game. Bye, troll.
Classic Lara's physique gives her a lot of personality. Have you played the classics? I'm surprised that people like this exist - people who praise the newer games, but spit all over the games that got the series to where it is today. Absurd.
Old 11-04-17, 12:59   #25
anniversarytr11

I unlocked the trophy for the dive first try and I think I had the Antarctic TRIII outfit on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSassyKid View Post
Has anybody else struggled to complete challenges in specific outfits?

Classic Lara's physique gives her a lot of personality. Have you played the classics? I'm surprised that people like this exist - people who praise the newer games, but spit all over the games that got the series to where it is today. Absurd.
Haha, I've been on these forums since 2006, the first game I EVER PLAYED was Tomb Raider 1 on the Playstation. I LOVE the originals and respect them, the isolation, exploration and puzzle solving was what made them special for me. However anyone who says the control system for them was good is kidding themselves, Lara moves like a walking tank, not like an actual human being but that was because technology back then wasn't good enough to animate a character with realistic animations and the same goes for Lara's physique, wasn't saying they were bad games at all, just haven't aged well. Lara's character was made with exaggerated proportions because they could only build Lara with around 100 polygons so they had to make it obvious that it was a woman. What made her personality for me was how much of a bad ass she was, how she could take on any enemy from a dinosaur to an army of men and she always had good comebacks, not her body.

What I was arguing about was the fact that Benjobuff was saying that Lara is only a good character when she is super sexy and he would want to sleep with her. This is what I had a problem with. I was talking about his sexist remarks about Tomb Raider only being good when Lara is a sex object.

Personally I think the reboot Lara is beautiful and a REALISTIC character model. The graphics have become realistic and so should the characters. If they kept Lara as she was in LAU she would look like a ridiculous barbie doll. I've been replaying Legend lately and I was astounded at how I forgot how out of proportion Lara's body is. I'm not saying don't give Lara personality, I mean I think the reboot Lara is very whiny and doesn't have enough back bone in her character but I do not wish for Lara to have giant boobs and a tiny waist again. If Lara is kept as a sex object with unrealistic proportions no one will take the games seriously.

Last edited by anniversarytr11; 11-04-17 at 13:03.
anniversarytr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-17, 13:03   #26
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniversarytr11 View Post
Haha, I've been on these forums since 2006, the first game I EVER PLAYED was Tomb Raider 1 on the Playstation. I LOVE the originals and respect them, the isolation, exploration and puzzle solving was what made them special for me. However anyone who says the control system for them was good is kidding themselves, Lara moves like a walking tank, not like an actual human being but that was because technology back then wasn't good enough to animate a character with realistic animations and the same goes for Lara's physique, wasn't saying they were bad games at all, just haven't aged well. Lara's character was made with exaggerated proportions because they could only build Lara with around 100 polygons so they had to make it obvious that it was a woman. What made her personality for me was how much of a bad ass she was, how she could take on any enemy from a dinosaur to an army of men and she always had good comebacks, not her body.
Wrong.
The controls in the classics are far more accurate, and precise, for me.

Quote:
What I was arguing about was the fact that Benjobuff was saying that Lara is only a good character when she is super sexy and he would want to sleep with her. This is what I had a problem with. I was talking about his sexist remarks about Tomb Raider only being good when Lara is a sex object.

Personally I think the reboot Lara is beautiful and a REALISTIC character model. The graphics have become realistic and so should the characters. If they kept Lara as she was in LAU she would look like a ridiculous barbie doll. I've been replaying Legend lately and I was astounded at how I forgot how out of proportion Lara's body is. I'm not saying don't give Lara personality, I mean I think the reboot Lara is very whiny and doesn't have enough back bone in her character but I do not wish for Lara to have giant boobs and a tiny waist again. If Lara is kept as a sex object with unrealistic proportions no one will take the games seriously.
You do know that Lara's boobs in the reboot, are bigger than Underworld's, right?
Let's continue this via VM, or PM, though. If you do still wish to discuss this.