Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 15-05-17, 18:04   #21
Quebsenuef

Here's one that was mortifying at the time but I laugh about it now.

Back in grade school I had to have been maybe seven or eight years old. There was this girl I really liked. Her name was Erin. We talked a bit during class about books or something, I don't remember but I made a plan for the day to talk to her at recess to get to know her better. The school goes to lunch and I hurry and finish that so I can go to recess and find Erin to play.

I see her on the basketball court outside tying her shoes and I go up to her and say something, I don't remember it exactly, but it started out with "Erin... blah blah?" It was most definitely a question.

Erin looks up really fast and says "I'M NOT ERIN!" because it was actually Kelsey.

Cue me not even saying A WORD and just walking off completely embarrassed!

Now that I think about it, I wonder why Kelsey was so offended I thought she was Erin. Erin was nice and cute!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 18:12   #22
Sayonel

My most embarrassing moment happened to me when I was around 15. I was out with my family and my dad bought both my sister and myself a HUGE chocolate chip cookie. My dad wanted to get something from circuit city and both my mom and myself didn't want to go in, so we sat in the car. Before my dad went inside I asked him if he could look for a PS2 game called the Bouncer for me, he said ok and left. It was really hot out and I decided to eat some of the cookie while we waited for my dad and sister to get back. 30 min or so later he comes back out telling me he forgot the name of the game I was looking for and asked me to come inside and ask myself. So, I walk inside with him. I should have realized something was going on because my sister started snickering and couldn't keep a straight face. Once inside I walk up to a cute guy around 18 and asked if they had the game I wanted in stock. He gives me this weird look and tries his best not to laugh. He tells me that they don't, so I thank him and leave. Once i'm back at the car I'm mortified to find that I had somehow smeared chocolate all over my face and nobody told me. My family started laughing at me and poking fun at me for several days. Since that day I always triple check to make sure I have nothing on my face.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 19:04   #23
Matie

There was a few, but the 'best' one happened in a theatre during a local ceremony - in front of a lot of people, because why not. I was one of the people who were given a certificate, but I arrived late, so most of the seats were already taken. I managed to find a place to sit, and I don't know how I got in there, but when they finally said my name and I was supposed to go down on stage to get my certificate, the way down was blocked. In panic and totally confused, I ran upwards, trying to find a way down, but there were cameramen everywhere... I left the area through a door, I thought it would lead down somehow, but nope. Totally embarassed, I went back and sat down, everyone was looking around and wondering why I didn't appear on the stage. Then the people sitting in the row in front of me told me to climb down through the seats... so I did, and that's when people realised where I was and started to laugh.

I don't feel so bad about it anymore, as somebody told me: "well, at least you made their day better" Oh well, the whole thing must've been extremely boring to sit through anyway.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 19:12   #24
dinne

*deleted by the user, but it was a funny story*

Last edited by dinne; 19-09-17 at 08:08.
dinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 19:31   #25
Revenge

Well, there were lots of embarrassing moments I guess, I don't know really which one is the most.
Maybe that one time, I was in German class in err what I would call middle school or secondary school ? Anyway we were doing a game where students had to come in front of the class, pick a piece of paper and mime what was written on it to the class so they could guess and say in German what it was. I picked up 'to undress', well like not undress completely but just take off a cloth, so I took off my sweatshirt, but my tee shirt underneath went with it so I was like half naked for a few seconds. And for some reason that made the whole class laugh and start to hum like Moulin Rouge songs. I didn't really get why on the moment it was funny, I mean like, I had swimming classes with the same people so it's not like they didn't see me half naked before, but after the class ended I felt really embarassed about it.

Oh, and there was that time when like the whole class in the school yard made fun of me because I didn't know what masturbating meant (I was like 12 or sth), but that one was just cruel.
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 19:54   #26
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
Oh, and there was that time when like the whole class in the school yard made fun of me because I didn't know what masturbating meant (I was like 12 or sth), but that one was just cruel.
It's worse when you do know and they keep talking and you keep shut because you notice you're not really into girls like how they are (i was 11)
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 19:59   #27
Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
It's worse when you do know and they keep talking and you keep shut because you notice you're not really into girls like how they are (i was 11)
Yeah coming out at that age definitely isn't the best idea I guess. Even today there are many people I haven't come out yet to, especially in my school in which they really don't seem to like gays.
Like larafan would say, Anygays...
Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 22:25   #28
peeves

Well it happened 17 years ago when I was 9 and I was in elementary school 3rd grade (not high school 3rd grade). And I was in the auditorium room and there were other students at the school I was sitting down and there was like a play going on and all of a sudden I was gassy and gas came out and kids laughed at me.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-17, 02:50   #29
knightgames

Without going into too much detail, I'll say this. It involved a wedding, a mistake between a lead acid battery and a bomb, SWAT, local and state police as well as the bomb squad.

How I wasn't arrested I'll never know. Thankfully they understood and it all came down to one person panicking and me thinking my action okay (not so in a post 9-11 world). I just happened to be on the receiving end.
knightgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-17, 10:45   #30
SrDanielPonces

I have another story, which happened maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I had an appointment at the hospital and I had forgotten to buy the meal for school canteen. So, I had the stupid idea of bringing some yogurt, cereals and milks - each one in a different Tupperware. I noticed the milk was spilling, so I put some plastic around it so the milk couldn't get out. And so I went to school, normally...

WHEN I ARRIVED IN THE CLASSROOM AND NOTICED ALL MY BAG, NOTES AND BOOKS WERE WET OF MILK, AND IT WAS ALSO SPILLING OUT OF THE BACKPACK.

Omg, I died inside. my table was full of milk, and it was dropping to the ground, and I definitely didn't want people to notice, the girl that sits next to me (she is a really annoying bitch) started talking loud "eew milk" when I told her to keep shut. Anyways, I took my sweater off and used it to carefully clean the floor and table so no one notices... when that girl takes the ****ty milk Tupperware and throws it to the ground, and everyone stares at me and the milk...

omg I died so hard... anyways this caused a very bad arguement, but that's a side story .

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 16-05-17 at 10:47.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote