Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 17-05-17, 21:01   #11
Blue_light

I only keep a close relationship with my mother, my maternal grandfather, and to an extent, my maternal grandmother. I cut ties with my uncle and two cousins, and stopped attending (most) family reunions, because I couldn't take anymore of their crap, especially now that my cousin's wife started doing the same BS as well.

It was the best decision I ever made in my life. The only thing I regret was not doing it once I stopped living with my grandparents in 2011.

Just do it, if you can escape for good.

Last edited by Blue_light; 18-05-17 at 19:46. Reason: Personal venting removed to make a more to-the-point, thread appropriate post. But it felt good, and it was needed.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-17, 21:03   #12
Rai

It's really only my son and I. I have an uncle, aunt and cousins on my father's side that I have minimal contact with, which I wish was different and an uncle, aunt and cousins on my mother's side that I haven't been in contact with for many years due to a family disagreement.

My eldest sister cut herself off from the family. Don't know where she is. She took her daughter with her. We were briefly in contact around 10 years ago via email until she cut herself off again. But she's a massive liar, so it's not too much of a loss. It's a damn shame I lost contact with my niece as well though as a result.

Last edited by Rai; 17-05-17 at 21:04.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-17, 21:45   #13
Patrick star

My relationship with my family is excellent , not perfect (we still argue about a lot of things like all families do) but I can say it's really good overall .

But in general I don't like my aunts , uncles and cousins for personal reasons . I think there is respect but no true love or care . However , I have an aunt and two uncles from my mom's side whom I like .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 02:09   #14
sierra xb

I have a very good relationship with both my mom and my older sister. My sister and I used to hate each other back when we were teens, but now we are as close as anyone can be. My father...not so much. He was sometimes abusive towards my mother and they divorced when I was 17. Over the years, our relationship has gone downhill, especially after he got remarried. His new wife is...well, I won't say what I really think about her, but I don't trust her at all. I haven't seen him in person in nearly 3 years, but we do talk on the phone every few months.

As for the rest of the family...I used to be close to my 1st cousins, but after I moved away from my hometown, I never hear from them. My uncle (mom's brother), is a complete and even attacked me a couple of years ago, so I'd happily never even hear his name again. Everyone else (other cousins, aunts and uncles, etc.) can just stay the hell away. Most of them are alcoholics or insane and I want nothing to do with them.
sierra xb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 02:27   #15
Vinkula

I am in good relations with my family and relatives Infact we live very close to eachother.
Vinkula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 08:12   #16
SrDanielPonces

Basically me, my two sisters and my mom (also my grandma, but she has alzheimers's etc and my mom's work is basically taking care of her.

The rest (on my mom's side) basically keeps fighting each other because they want my grandmother's monthly cash (idk the right translation), like if my mother wasn't already having economical issues and they have lots of spare money in the bank. I haven't cut them out of my life because I can't (they come here whenever they want - which is something very rude for them, and my aunt started yelling at us because she went there and nobody was home like we were always at home to make her a guest whenever we want, and she doesn't even call any of us asking if she can stop by lol).

As for my father side, we don't talk to them (not even before or after my parent's divorce). Just this once when we went to visit him in Lisbon last summer, but that's about it.

When I can have the opportunity, me, my sisters and my mom will definitely cut relationship with the rest of the family - we already have enough drama ourselves (even tho we still have a good relationship I'd say), no need more from them lol
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 08:13   #17
Mani_Man

My relationship with my family is mostly good...not as close as i would have wanted, but its okay.

My mother and Father are...lets say traditional, old school whites if you will(that should tell you enough i think )
I get a along and have fun with my two older brothers, im closest with my younger brother who is a bit "weird" like me...weekends we always meet to play video games and stuff.

I dont really have much to do with my cousins because they are a bit snobby...also they live far away from us and im not a facebook guy.

Getting along with my parents works quite well since i dont live with them, when i was at home it was often a bit tough because of how outdated their mindsets are...but thats okay.
Wouldn cut them out of my life just because they have different opinions and stuff...i would appreciate if they would share more of my opinions and would be more open for things...but it is what it is.

They are good and kind people, they never abused me...so there is no reason to cut them out just because they have a different view on things.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 10:42   #18
LaraIloveYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
I don't have a close relationship with my immediate family as many others do, or as I'm supposed to. We disagree on lots of things from politics to how to do simple chores. They're a 2+5=7 type of people and I'm 3+4=7 type of person if that makes sense. The end result of what we're doing in terms of daily chores or whatever is the same, they just want it done their way. Do socks go in the top drawer or the bottom drawer? I don't think it matters but to them it does haha. We just rarely see eye to eye and it's really drained our relationship. I barely want to talk to them most of the time as it just ends up to how I'm not being all I can be or I'm doing something wrong. They'll ask "Why don't you talk to us?" well it's not fun to talk to you guys if every time I do I'm miserable or not even heard.

Throughout my years I've actually gone to my friends parents for advice before my own hahaha. Not that my parents aren't smart in some ways, it's just the way they go about discussions turns into a lecture. I'm 24 and asked a simple question about credit. Don't turn this into a two hour lecture about five different topics. My sister and I are alright but we're 11 years apart. I'm older and there isn't much in common and she's in her selfish preteen girl drama stage in life so I'm trying to give her as much space as possible haha.

As for my other family I have a few cousins and aunts/uncles I like but other than that I loathe going to family get togethers. I have not enough in common with these people that it mainly is "How's school?" "How's work?" "Got a girlfriend yet?" "You need to get a girlfriend!" and then that's it hahaha. They're super Catholic on my dads side which puts me off bc the media I like (TV shows, music, etc) is a "sin" and I'm gonna go to Hell and all that jazz.
My moms side is another side of crazy that should honestly be treated with some sort of medication. Lots of anger and frustration at the most ridiculous things, jealousy, gossip… basically if you've ever seen a really cheesy soap opera where everyone secretly knows and hates everyone else, that's that side of the family.

I'm hoping to move far away and maybe maintain a long distance relationship with these people.
OMG I can only imagine, don't know why you're so different with your family, you're all gene related I mean, seems to them you're a black sheep and the worst part is they think they're right. If it was me I'd try to have better relationship with them, more smiling and stuffs, if it didn't work, I'd move out I prove to them what I can be.
LaraIloveYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 12:46   #19
HecticBartoli

I cut everyone in my family out my life, there are countless reasons why I did so, My father's a compulsive liar who put me and my mother into a $7,000 debt which took two and a half years to pay off the whole thing, halfway through I removed my bank account from my mother's because I don't wanna get locked up for something I didn't do, Dad's supposed to be responsible for the debt, but he lied to those debt collectors who believed him which me off a lot, my mother found out about my bank account unlinked from hers, as a result, she abused me, punched me across the face, and the crap got worse, and she told me she wanted an abortion, I thought about calling the police on her, but I might get abusive phone calls from her whole family and close friends, my pop abused me when I was a kid, who's on my dad's side, my whole family's the reason why I'm diagnosed with depression, which is why I had once a week appointments with my psychologist, my whole family's toxic, there were times I wished I didn't exist, I didn't have a girlfriend who got bullied by my mother. Even though my ex-girlfriend is awesome , her parents are the kind of people I ask for advice on dealing with pieces of crap like my parents, aunties, uncles and so on, I apologise for the long reply. I just want to get things off my chest.
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-17, 14:11   #20
Blue_light

^I'm really sorry you had to go through that, HecticBartoli.
I really hope one day you get the happiness you deserve.
Blue_light is offline   Reply With Quote