Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 24-01-09, 19:47   #341
Jeissy

I'm going to use Underworld as an example. Tell the things which I didn't like the most in TRU and would like to be in the next game! They really aren't that much to ask
First - PLEASE! stop making ledges obvious! Make everything climbable not only the ledges! Or just make the ledges fully blending in with the walls!
Second - Make the puzzles more difficult! For example make us look for a key or a puzzle item in another level and then we should go back to the previous. For those who are embarrassed with the puzzle will use the PDA for a hint

That's mainly what I actually didn't like...well, there is the short gameplay too, but that is all.
Jeissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-09, 20:39   #342
google

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeissy View Post
First - PLEASE! stop making ledges obvious! Make everything climbable not only the ledges! Or just make the ledges fully blending in with the walls!
Second - Make the puzzles more difficult! For example make us look for a key or a puzzle item in another level and then we should go back to the previous. For those who are embarrassed with the puzzle will use the PDA for a hint
my thought exactly
google is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 06:03   #343
Tyrannosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoe25 View Post
i think she should be around 27-29
That's how old she was during the first game. Do you believe no time has passed between then and now? Does Lara age at all?
Tyrannosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 06:19   #344
takamotosan

NOT cell shading

takamotosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 07:13   #345
tha_mattster

Box Art

DO NOT crop Lara's face out of the picture. That was the most stupid idea. And don't cover her boobs with text either. Make the cover stand out instead of making it a mess of greens and browns.

Here is how to make a good TR cover, courtesy of CORE:

TR2 - attention grabbing and lara looks hot, but the TR font and mysterious background give it a TR feel.

TR1 - same concept. Show her face, boobs, guns and some tombs. It's really not too difficult.

notice the pattern?

This cover is OK, but it doesn't suggest anything about adventure. Anyway it's the best of Crystal Dynamics game covers

this looks too cartoony.

It's too green and doesn't have a focus. First I see the logo, then my eyes moves to her stomach which doesn't look very attractive. The tombs in the background are hardly visible. The yellow light coming off lara is what? BO? Swamp stench? Worst of all there is no eye contact. Lara is a big selling point so they should make use of her.
tha_mattster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 12:33   #346
aileenwuornos

Yesss. I hated the newer box art
aileenwuornos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-09, 12:57   #347
[TombRaider]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileenwuornos View Post
Yesss. I hated the newer box art
I didn't mind it too much. I imagine her face was cropped because of the inconsistencies between that particular render of Lara and how she actually looked in the final game.

That was when she still looked like Julianne Moore.

Anyway...

I'd like to see more interesting deaths in Tomb Raider. That's what made the old games scary and exciting for me when I was younger. You knew that if you let go of that ledge, you would fall and be impaled on the spikes below. Now all Lara does is turn into an unlikely ragdoll, no matter what happens. And that blackout is annoying, too. It was really spooky when you heard Lara scream, then her bones crack and finally the creepy quiet of the tomb ambience while all you can do is stare at Lara's broken body on the ground.
Now that you have the power of motion capture under your belt, CD, why not utilise it and make some really nasty death animations?
[TombRaider] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 12:59   #348
_ush2_
Inactive

I Have A Suggestion And It might just save them!

Work harder on the WII and PS2 versions and release early screens of them to show people what they might be expecting!
_ush2_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 14:49   #349
aileenwuornos

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TombRaider] View Post
Anyway...

I'd like to see more interesting deaths in Tomb Raider. That's what made the old games scary and exciting for me when I was younger. You knew that if you let go of that ledge, you would fall and be impaled on the spikes below. Now all Lara does is turn into an unlikely ragdoll, no matter what happens. And that blackout is annoying, too. It was really spooky when you heard Lara scream, then her bones crack and finally the creepy quiet of the tomb ambience while all you can do is stare at Lara's broken body on the ground.
Now that you have the power of motion capture under your belt, CD, why not utilise it and make some really nasty death animations?
Ooh yes please
Imagine some of the insane stuff they could do these days, the spikes, the boulders, rock falls etc etc. I think little "diaster" events like in L4D (shooting cars can make zombies cars, the "panic" events) would be kind of cool too, like if you go a certain way you trigger a landslide and have a brief opportunity to avoid it or if you go a different way you can avoid it all together. Things like that would be AWESOME!
aileenwuornos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-09, 18:34   #350
sebsmax

i would love an open area...

i think the feeling of being lost in a middle of nowhere, looking for relics is kind of cool

Lara come in the area like in TR2 first level....And after you have to survive alone (eating, sleeping) + fight dangerous animals + ride tombs...

thinking of lara not jumping every where could be a nice exercise to build a new concept of aventure...
I'm not saying that she can't jump anymore...but don't base the game on jump only ...
sebsmax is offline   Reply With Quote