Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 25-09-11, 19:16   #1
DarkHawk

Default Flame and Oil Troubles

Okay so I'm making a trap along the lines of the room in Cleopatra's palaces, where a flame emitter 2 travels down a path and ignites a pool of oil.

I'm trying not to use a flip map. So Basically when you enter the room the door locks behind you, you then have to dive into the oil and retrieve a key item and make it back out before the oil ignites, otherwise your dead. When you pick up the item at the bottom of the oil pool the door opens and you can leave alive. That works fine.

The problem is actually igniting the flames in sync. This is only an issue because I'm not using a slope a to enter the room, like in the Cleopatra level. This means I can activate a trigger but not activate the other trigger because I could run around before I do what I'm supposed to do. The results are random. I tried using a heavy trigger which would activate when the flam emitter 2 passes it on its way down to the oil, but the heavy trigger does not respond with the flame...So I don't know what to do now.

Any ideas?
DarkHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-11, 19:21   #2
Mytly

The rolling ball trick. The answer is always the rolling ball trick.
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-11, 19:40   #3
DarkHawk

Which would be....?
Old 25-09-11, 19:48   #4
FloTheMachine

Make a room unconnected to the level, and have a slope in it. Place a heavy trigger for the rollingball to trigger whatever.
FloTheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-11, 19:50   #5
DarkHawk

wow thats it? o_O

Time to get a rolling ball in my WAD...
Old 27-09-11, 21:42   #6
DJ Full

This is the classic and most often used way. But remember: if You hit the object limit (not allowing You to place anymore in the room or level), You have to script a command called Organizer= . This one is for timed NG events. A very detailed tutorial on using it is scribbled down on skribblerz.

One organizer can contain at about 90 TriggerGroups. I don't remember exactly how many, but You can figure it out. When You exceed the allowed value, You will get an error message "Too many arguments" in the green window below the script field in NG_Center.

In such case, simply activate another organizer with the last triggergroup of the previous one And remember - a single script can handle only (only?) 255 TriggerGroups.

This allows You to make a chain reaction of practically everything.

Last edited by DJ Full; 27-09-11 at 21:44.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote